Clear times

bbsam

Staff member
You are correct oh great one! But let me ask what happens when the system fails? As we all know, something fails at least once a week. Guess the Apes will turn into couriers, operational need!
So they stumble through the first couple month. Keep a few of the seasoned pros around to take charge and in a short while, all smooths out.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FYI,
I haven't heard of anything new from anyone/anywhere about the title of this thread the shill started.
How bout the rest y'all?

To respond to the slacker, in the areas where I work it is being applied to in-town routes only. The extended routes are not getting as much pressure.

check6ii

I clear when im done and good and ready-I drive UNDER the speed limit, and dont initialize a pup then drive to get there in order to save a late. If there are delays due to weather, accidents, traffic-whatever, ITS NOT MY PROBLEM, and I dont talk to dispatch, I pull over and call my mgr. to let them know. I also document ALL things that I just mentioned in order to CYA. All because I have a big target on my back and refuse to let them intimidate me with their B.S.

I get there when I friend-in get the fu$k there!

whenIgetthere

I clear when im done and good and ready-I drive UNDER the speed limit, and dont initialize a pup then drive to get there in order to save a late. If there are delays due to weather, accidents, traffic-whatever, ITS NOT MY PROBLEM, and I dont talk to dispatch, I pull over and call my mgr. to let them know. I also document ALL things that I just mentioned in order to CYA. All because I have a big target on my back and refuse to let them intimidate me with their B.S.

I get there when I friend-in get the fu$k there!

BZ!! I have agood friend at my station who had the target on his back last year, so one day the person loading his truck (he worked the offload) loaded a P1 for the next route over. He didn't notice it at first, but realized it before 1030. He finished his area at around 1025, then headed to deliver the misload. He scanned it at 1030 when he was still about 10 minutes from the stop to save service. They figured it out, and suspended him for falsification for a week. With the target on his back, he was trying to do the right thing for Fedex and he was screwed! When I talked to him later, he said he was intimidated by the harrassment and that the only thing he would do from then on is cover his own :censored2:! That was a hard lesson learned for him, just sorry it took such an incident to teach it to him. Sad part is he is a great person, and would give you the shirt off his back, but management preferred to harrass him because he was over 55!

check6ii

bz!! I have agood friend at my station who had the target on his back last year, so one day the person loading his truck (he worked the offload) loaded a p1 for the next route over. He didn't notice it at first, but realized it before 1030. He finished his area at around 1025, then headed to deliver the misload. He scanned it at 1030 when he was still about 10 minutes from the stop to save service. They figured it out, and suspended him for falsification for a week. With the target on his back, he was trying to do the right thing for fedex and he was screwed! When i talked to him later, he said he was intimidated by the harrassment and that the only thing he would do from then on is cover his own :censored2:! That was a hard lesson learned for him, just sorry it took such an incident to teach it to him. Sad part is he is a great person, and would give you the shirt off his back, but management preferred to harrass him because he was over 55!

exactly!!!!!!!!!bastards!

DONE

The whole cause of the demise of Express is MT3. What is going on now and over the last few years is his doing. It is his mission. And he does not care how you pan out. His response to all.."If you do not like it, find another job"..Directly from a manager who has spoken with him concerning the unrealistic goals that Express is faced with.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The whole cause of the demise of Express is MT3. What is going on now and over the last few years is his doing. It is his mission. And he does not care how you pan out. His response to all.."If you do not like it, find another job"..Directly from a manager who has spoken with him concerning the unrealistic goals that Express is faced with.

I've spoken with people who worked under MT3 when he was an MD, and they said he was a tyrant. Apparently, any lates got you an OLCC, whether there was a legitimate reason or not for said lates. That's what gets you to the top at Express these days...being the biggest A-hole you can possibly be.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think he controls engineering too. just my opinion mind you but I'm sure he tells the engineering bosses that "all the goal numbers WILL go up come hell or high water." Therefore any calls the engineers make are done with puppet strings. a lot of money wasted there. Lots.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think he controls engineering too. just my opinion mind you but I'm sure he tells the engineering bosses that "all the goal numbers WILL go up come hell or high water." Therefore any calls the engineers make are done with puppet strings. a lot of money wasted there. Lots.

The whole upper management team is down with all of this, and MT3 is just another of the bad guys who need to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail. Right now, he's at home in Chicago counting his money and drinking a glass of fine Scotch....toasting himself for the bad-ass mother he thinks he is. On Monday morning, Dano will be waiting with the limo in MEM when his private jet lands...shoeshine stand at the ready, and shrimp cocktails on ice.

Goldilocks

These goals are beating us up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
These goals are beating us up.

The entire upper management team needs to get trained as couriers, and then spend a month on the road on a regular route, not something specially modified to suit their reduced level of intelligence. Perhaps then they might understand what they are talking about when they expect more productivity from an orange that has no juice left to squeeze from it.

DS

Fenderbender
The last year or so in Toronto they have been pushing the under 9.5 rule.
Call the center by 1:30 PM if you are going to go over.What the? We accept
oncalls up till 6:30 PM...how the hell do I know?I call in almost every day now,just
to cover my butt.They are giving 1 day suspensions for insubordination.Failing to
follow instructions.Micro managing is killing the service part of what we are here for.
Like tooner says,they don't seem to understand that every day is a whole new ball game.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The last year or so in Toronto they have been pushing the under 9.5 rule.
Call the center by 1:30 PM if you are going to go over.What the? We accept
oncalls up till 6:30 PM...how the hell do I know?I call in almost every day now,just
to cover my butt.They are giving 1 day suspensions for insubordination.Failing to
follow instructions.Micro managing is killing the service part of what we are here for.
Like tooner says,they don't seem to understand that every day is a whole new ball game.

Sounds like UPS upper management and FedEx upper management are equally inept and out of touch with the real world of on-road operations.

check6ii

Get a load of this! I have reg. pick ups that will call in AFTER the cutoff and AFTER I have pupped the stop AFTER the ready time and claim I missed a pkg just so dispatch will send me back! Claiming it was my fault and blah blah blah.....complete and total lies. I confronted one customer who did that 3 times, and they complained. I had an OLCC waiting for me when I RTB!!