CLERK AND CONTROL PACKAGES

Steamer

Hello,

I completed my work today and the DIAD wouldn't let me PUNCH OUT until I finally put EDD NOT COMPLETE. I turned a package over to the clerk early this morning because when I tried to deliver it yesterday the business had moved across town. I found the address online for them and they corrected it.
Does that sound right EDD NOT COMPLETE because of the switch? My board was clear with all work complete though.

Also what are CONTROL PACKAGES? And what clerk and control packages basically are there that the clerk gets? This is my first week driving for UPS. My 2nd day actually by myself. I got 18.1 packages finished per hour today. But my commercial stops are in a mess of road construction. The previous driver threw a fit about it so I got that part of the route.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
controlled packages are ones that are either held, for future delivery, or will call by customer, or whatever reason. The labels read (reason- slic - date)

The question is, why are you turning over packages to clerks "early in the AM"?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Ask a senority driver or an On-Car if the board hangs-up on you at night.

Its a group 2 exception. It happens esp to new drivers, don't lose sleep over it!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
controlled packages are ones that are either held, for future delivery, or will call by customer, or whatever reason. The labels read (reason- slic - date)

I gave my clerk a damage before I left the building

Steamer

Because I was going to do a 2nd attempt knowing the place had closed. It was actually my very first stop of my very first day driving by myself. AND an overnight 10:30 commit. My only commit! LOL. But the building was abandoned. So when I got home I did a little research and found their Facebook page and got their new address for the clerk. Then gave him the package in the AM. "NEW GUY"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

They chat before he goes in his truck to sort for an hour before the start time.

Brownslave688

Because I was going to do a 2nd attempt knowing the place had closed. It was actually my very first stop of my very first day driving by myself. AND an overnight 10:30 commit. My only commit! LOL. But the building was abandoned. So when I got home I did a little research and found their Facebook page and got their new address for the clerk. Then gave him the package in the AM. "NEW GUY"
Why didn't you just sheet it moved Day 1 and take it to the clerk that night?

Steamer

Why didn't you just sheet it moved Day 1 and take it to the clerk that night?
Because it was my DAY 1 of driving and my very first stop ever. And I hadn't came across it yet because well I'm a newbie and didn't come across it on my 3 day training drive along either. I called my driver supervisor and told him at that very moment. I even took a photo of the place and my info notice on the door and text it to him as well. He should have mentioned it when I asked what to do instead of basically ignoring the facts and telling me to leave an info notice. That's why I called him for advise. But I took care of it that night researching it then giving it to the clerk the next morning with their new address instead of a 2nd wasted attempt. So all is well in the UPS world. I know now. I've learned several things in the last 3 days of driving. Mostly on my own or reading online.

Attachments

• 20181114_133614[2068].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 147

Steamer

The real kicker is my work was completed today as well. The DIAD wouldn't let me punch out again until I hit EDD NOT COMPLETE. I tried several times hitting yes to no avail. I told the drive supervisor and the GM was in the office with him as well. They didn't seem to think anything of it. I read on here somewhere that it happens to new drivers sometimes. Maybe I'm not completely in the system or something yet. My board was completely clear. I had only one Ni1 today but it was cleared of course with the stop complete after the non-delivery and scanning the info notice.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Because it was my DAY 1 of driving and my very first stop ever. And I hadn't came across it yet because well I'm a newbie and didn't come across it on my 3 day training drive along either. I called my driver supervisor and told him at that very moment. I even took a photo of the place and my info notice on the door and text it to him as well. He should have mentioned it when I asked what to do instead of basically ignoring the facts and telling me to leave an info notice. That's why I called him for advise. But I took care of it that night researching it then giving it to the clerk the next morning with their new address instead of a 2nd wasted attempt. So all is well in the UPS world. I know now. I've learned several things in the last 3 days of driving. Mostly on my own or reading online.

Yeah you're sup should have told you what to do.

Brownslave688

The real kicker is my work was completed today as well. The DIAD wouldn't let me punch out again until I hit EDD NOT COMPLETE. I tried several times hitting yes to no avail. I told the drive supervisor and the GM was in the office with him as well. They didn't seem to think anything of it. I read on here somewhere that it happens to new drivers sometimes. Maybe I'm not completely in the system or something yet. My board was completely clear. I had only one Ni1 today but it was cleared of course with the stop complete after the non-delivery and scanning the info notice.
You sure you don't have pick ups you didn't close out?

Steamer

Nope. They didn't schedule pickups for me on the DIAD. But I did have a couple Special Counts I put in. Just scanned them after clicking SPCLCNTS or whatever and up arrow to get them into the DIAD. Nothing special like a Hazmat or anything.

Steamer

Okay, I have an idea of what it may be. I bet that I'm not scanning my apartments correctly. There is this lock box and I have to deliver to the apartments office. They order stuff daily at the office as well. Plus I always get like 3-4 apartments in the buildings ordering. Well there is a lock box that I have to punch a code in on a touch screen to unlock each box seperatly. Then pick the size of the box and it will pop open that size. Then scan the package and deliver. I know I'm forgetting to put in the apartment number for one or more of them in the DIAD now that I think about it. I've only seen it done once before. Could that be it? Like a dupilcate stop being scanned seperatly? I've been stop completing for each one is what I've been doing as I go along. That apartment lock box touch screen ask like 4 questions for each one and then I have to look up the name because there are 3 buildings with the same apartment numbers. It's a ton of crap. So in the DIAD I have forgotten to put in the apartment number for each one. Is that the problem? Multiple stop completes for one stop? But there is nothing left on my board at night when I return. Just the turn in and such.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

You'll be walked off the property Monday for falsifying records.

Brownslave688

Okay, I have an idea of what it may be. I bet that I'm not scanning my apartments correctly. There is this lock box and I have to deliver to the apartments office. They order stuff daily at the office as well. Plus I always get like 3-4 apartments in the buildings ordering. Well there is a lock box that I have to punch a code in on a touch screen to unlock each box seperatly. Then pick the size of the box and it will pop open that size. Then scan the package and deliver. I know I'm forgetting to put in the apartment number for one or more of them in the DIAD now that I think about it. I've only seen it done once before. Could that be it? Like a dupilcate stop being scanned seperatly? I've been stop completing for each one is what I've been doing as I go along. That apartment lock box touch screen ask like 4 questions for each one and then I have to look up the name because there are 3 buildings with the same apartment numbers. It's a ton of crap. So in the DIAD I have forgotten to put in the apartment number for each one. Is that the problem? Multiple stop completes for one stop? But there is nothing left on my board at night when I return. Just the turn in and such.
Shouldn't be. Are you prerecording anything?

Are you closing out the control packages and clerk work part? Or just not nothing since you don't have any?