climate catastrophe

Serf

This is very widely disputed and no one, including you, has the capability of accurately guessing

The fact is
-we know the earth is warming
-we know mankind has an effect on this
we also know that the earth warms and cools in natural cycles....

but we do not precisely know how much damage or effect humans have. We don't know how much is occurring naturally (which is real), or the exact causes. We can't even accurately ballpark it..anyone who says otherwise is simply lying or misinformed
And all this leads me to wonder; if man were living like it was 1920, would this issue not exist? IMO, I am one to think probably not.

vantexan

And all this leads me to wonder; if man were living like it was 1920, would this issue not exist? IMO, I am one to think probably not.
And you wouldn't be online to point this out.

But you made me think of something I thought while talking to my Dad last week. He's 81, and reminiscing a lot lately about his teen years. He and his high school buddies got into a lot of mischief running around on weekends. Nothing criminal, just having fun. It occurred to me that today's kids spend so much time online instead of getting out and having fun with friends. What experiences will they reminisce about?

Serf

And you wouldn't be online to point this out.

But you made me think of something I thought while talking to my Dad last week. He's 81, and reminiscing a lot lately about his teen years. He and his high school buddies got into a lot of mischief running around on weekends. Nothing criminal, just having fun. It occurred to me that today's kids spend so much time online instead of getting out and having fun with friends. What experiences will they reminisce about?
You’re right, I’d have to take an article out in the paper. Kids can look back fondly on the online games they play haha.

rickyb

corona is same thing as climate disaster. we are unprepared because we trust the wrong people, and its out of control:

upload_2020-4-8_13-32-48.png

Serf

The shameful decadence of the last several decades was not built on any meaningful progress, rather a slew of financial games and the exploitation of labor & resources in the developing world.

rickyb

32% of plastic ends up littering the environment. only 2% effectively recycled. an equivalent of a city garbage truck of plastic enters into the ocean every minute.

our economic system of capitalism with govt intervention has given us the biggest environmental crisis in history.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
32% of plastic ends up littering the environment. only 2% effectively recycled. an equivalent of a city garbage truck of plastic enters into the ocean every minute.

our economic system of capitalism with govt intervention has given us the biggest environmental crisis in history.
i farted
how many carbon bucks do i owe the new world order now?

rickyb

capitalists doing exact same thing with climate catastrophe. i guess they only care about short term profits, to hell if they cant have long term profits. capitalists need to grow up and plan for the future:

upload_2020-4-21_8-31-59.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Just for that, I'm throwing all of my recycling into the trash this week! 100 percent!

Serf

For every plastic straw Seattle or San Francisco bans, India & most coastal African countries heave much more trash into the Ocean. The whole thing is a giant circle jerk.

floridays

Just for that, I'm throwing all of my recycling into the trash this week! 100 percent!
friend them Wally never gonna make the pricks happy anyway. Buy double for me and throw it away too.
Self absorbed pricks become tiresome after awhile. Whatever it takes to make someone feel important. Cut the grass, have a manicured lawn.
Rant is over.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
friend them Wally never gonna make the pricks happy anyway. Buy double for me and throw it away too.
Self absorbed pricks become tiresome after awhile. Whatever it takes to make someone feel important. Cut the grass, have a manicured lawn.
Rant is over.
Who has a less than manicured lawn? That's what the aquifer plus nitrates is for! How gauche!