climate catastrophe

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How can America be causing hurricanes?
They form along the African Coast or in the Caribbean, sucking up all the moisture present there.
And releasing it on top of us.

At the very least Biden should be taxing the places were they begin, not where they end.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hello Losers!
2207D85D-9EF4-4D9E-BB26-129D9177FB87.jpeg
C1944F94-7981-45FE-A3B7-CBA82D90DC8C.jpeg

rickyb

I could be understanding the cartoon wrong, but I believe everything on the left side is only possible BECAUSE of the use of fossil fuels.
youre not worthy of that george carlin quote either. you let corporate machines think for you. u dont come off as a free thinker to me.

they had shoes and clothes before fossil fuels lol. u got tricked into dependency thinking. ur grandchildren have increasingly less than no future.

vantexan

no u got it wrong: with fossil fuels we go extinct, but we dont need fossil fuels to exist.
That cartoon illustrates how dependent we are on fossil fuels. Unless we can come up with viable alternatives our future without oil, coal, natural gas is pretty bleak.

rickyb

That cartoon illustrates how dependent we are on fossil fuels. Unless we can come up with viable alternatives our future without oil, coal, natural gas is pretty bleak.
our future is even worse with them.

this system is not very efficient thats the problem. it externalizes the costs. otherwise costs would be much higher to use things. its immature economics

oldngray

nowhere special
A mid-priced internal combustion car that gets 33 miles per gallon would cost $8.58 in overall costs to drive 100 miles at $2.81 a gallon, the study found. But a mid-priced EV, such as Chevrolet Bolt, Nissan Leaf or a Tesla Model 3, would cost $12.95 to drive 100 miles in terms of costs that include recharging the vehicle using mostly a commercial charger.

rickyb

A mid-priced internal combustion car that gets 33 miles per gallon would cost $8.58 in overall costs to drive 100 miles at $2.81 a gallon, the study found. But a mid-priced EV, such as Chevrolet Bolt, Nissan Leaf or a Tesla Model 3, would cost $12.95 to drive 100 miles in terms of costs that include recharging the vehicle using mostly a commercial charger.
yea i think electric vehicles may be another huge scam because ur using all this energy to move this metal to quite often move just once person

what % of an electric car is actually being used? 1 seat? 1.5 seats?

public transportation likely the answer.