Climate Change Advocates That Don't Practice What They Preach!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
still not as efficient as public transit.
But the FREEDOM is great!
I know FREEDOM scares you badly!

This is for your Dad who lives upstairs!
69975852_2912785108737955_7041518179356508160_n.jpg

Box Ox

capitalism isnt practical

Capitalism is the very reason our countries, Canada and the US have what they have.

It’s easy to scream about the evils of capitalism. There are indeed many. But we wouldn’t live nearly as well as we do in its absence.

vantexan

Capitalism is the very reason our countries, Canada and the US have what they have.

It’s easy to scream about the evils of capitalism. There are indeed many. But we wouldn’t live nearly as well as we do in its absence.
Spent a month in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan last year. It's a fairly prosperous city in the center. A lot of very nice cars on the street. Fellow told me that 20 years before, coming out of Communism, they had absolutely nothing. I met so many people who greatly admired America(and hated Russia).

vantexan

still not as efficient as public transit.
I'm for public transit in congested areas. But a car will get you out of the weather and to a specific location quickly. With spread out cities and suburbs there's nothing efficient about getting from point A to B across town unless you have tons of time, nowhere to be. But if you live along a line, bus, subway, or train, that's close to home and to a regular destination it's definitely cheaper than owning a car. Did that in Seattle for a year.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm for public transit in congested areas. But a car will get you out of the weather and to a specific location quickly. With spread out cities and suburbs there's nothing efficient about getting from point A to B across town unless you have tons of time, nowhere to be. But if you live along a line, bus, subway, or train, that's close to home and to a regular destination it's definitely cheaper than owning a car. Did that in Seattle for a year.
Agreed. But the US is not like Europe. Population is far more spread out. Public transit will work in some areas but much too inefficient for most of the country.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Spent a month in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan last year. It's a fairly prosperous city in the center. A lot of very nice cars on the street. Fellow told me that 20 years before, coming out of Communism, they had absolutely nothing. I met so many people who greatly admired America(and hated Russia).

That's exactly the opposite of the DemWits and Repugs ...
The Repugs__love America and Russia_(Trump for sure).
The DemWits hate America and Russia (LibTurds for sure).

Last edited: