Clocking out B4 washing hands...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
me too

but all i can say is lead by example.

that is the code of the ups driver

and that is why ups drivers as a whole get a respect that is second only to a few. it is a respect that has been earned one day, one customer at a time.

and maybe one day, before hell freezes for the second time, management will understand.

evil

i knew you understood that ideal. but the way you posted could get a rookie fired very quickly.

best

d

satellitedriver

...and arms of the very dirt you've accumulated working your 5 hour shift? Have a new personnel manager who is telling me "If you want wash your hands, you have to clock out first! And if you don't like the gritty, Lava-type soap at the sink, all you have to do is clock out, then go upstairs (2 flights) and use the bathroom upstairs!"

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions will be much appreciated!

THANX!!!
Suggestion,
carry baby wipes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My last stop of the day is always the gas station. Even if I don't need fuel I stop to go to the bathroom and wash.

BTW Sat is right baby wipes come in very handy during the day. I actually carry Armor-All cleaning wipes. They work very well for cleaning the diad and hands and also for wiping marker off the windshield when I write down notes.

paidslave

Can't argue with that.
We did not need to wash every package car everyday like we did in the 70's and before but I have seen some pretty bad looking package cars out there...don't know if it was because of drought restrictions. Regardless, the dirty package cars are hurting our UPS Brand.

Your grubby beard is blurring my vision! Shave or UPS will also send you home.....

dave

I wonder if UPS will let me go outside and start my car in the winter so its nice and warm before i leave (on the clock of course, :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: the man right?):knockedout:

evilleace

Danny the way I posted it wasn't the best don't know what got into me take it easy and thanks for pointing out my error.

Eville

rod

Retired 22 years
I wonder if UPS will let me go outside and start my car in the winter so its nice and warm before i leave (on the clock of course, :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: the man right?):knockedout:

We always started our personal vehicals when we returned to the building. After refueling we would have to drive around the building to get to our designated garage bay. During this process we would stop and put our lunch box or whatever in our private vehical and start it up if it was cold outside. Nowdays I think that most of the guys just hit their remote start button on their keychain:wink2: P.S. A dirty trick was to turn off your buddys heater and turn on his airconditioner when he wasn't looking. Especially on a brutally cold evening

chev

Nightcrawler
Heck We were told at a pcm "If you were to use the restroom we are to put the time in the diad as part of your meal"

What a bunch of BS. Your sups need to get their heads out of each others rear ends and see that. I would like to know if they cut their meal time back because they went to take a leak earlier in the day. I seriously doubt it. This type of micro management pisses me off. As for punching out before washing up; just do it. It's not worth the hassle.

LiL"Comet"

Funny this came up!!! I was standing at the punch clock one night about a week ago and saw one of my local sorters that works on metro go into the bathroom.
He was finished had pulled hardware and set buggy in outbound area, I looked at my watched to notice the time. When he came out and hit time clock it was exactly 9 mins. you calculate the time for that one person in 1 week 45 mins...:surprised:
I approached him didn't jump his butt I don't do that and simply ask him what where you doing? He said he goes into the bathroom every night and changes clothes.
I said listen man how long have you been doing this? Every night, so I just asked to please stop to punch out first and explained the logic behind why that's not appropriate to do.
If you had 25 employees go to the bathroom every night taking 3 or 5 minutes a piece to do this it adds up quickly. It's not always management trying to be hard butts.
Yes sometimes it may be a sup/manager being a butt hole but what goes around comes around to all of us.:wink2:

squirlygirly

WOWEEE!!! I posted this 5 hours ago, right before going in for my shift and y'all have been downright "gettin' busy with it!!!" Opinions, suggestions, etc. Be careful what I wish for next time! :peaceful: Because I was on my way out the door I didn't have time to give y'all a rundown, so here it goes, and no, I'm not from Texas.:wink2:

I work in the center, so I'm not a driver (I've been a helper). I've been working there, come November, 4 years. I come in for the air deliveries, know all the drivers cause I know they've had a grueling day on the road, (because I was a helper) help them unload, talk while doing it, they love me, no doubt! Then it's off to the small sort area, where grabbing totes to dump on the belt, grabbing packages that are too big for our area and simply reaching into those dirty, dusty stinky bins to bag out, I GET DIRTY!!! UPS dirt as far as I'm concerned.

I've gotta start coming to this forum more often. First thing I gotta learn is how to "quote" what someone else has said. Cause there are certainly a couple of doozies I came across in just this thread alone. And I can assure you I had to read every single one them, cause they were exactly what I was looking for.

I can assure you to keep a look out for future postings from me. Cause the washing hands thing is only the beginning...STAY TUNED!!!...and THANX to each and every one of ya!!! ~:->>>

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
STARTING MONDAY !!!!!! YOU will clock out before you use the restrooms,armed guard at restroom will be there to verify this!! also you will pay a 1$ fee to go into the said restroom, and a 50ct. fee for use of hand towels or 1.00$ per sq foot of toilet paper!!! a 10 ct fee to turn on water and 15 to flush or use hot water!!!! ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE UNITED WAY !!!! THANK YOU YOUR CENTER TEAM!!!!!! also please be aware of your power zone while in the stall, failure to flush properly will be instant warning letter !!!!

Tony31yrs

There are too many important issues at UPS to fight about instead of a petty 1 or 2 minute concern. Wash up at your last stop if you are that dirty. I used to wash up a few times a day if my hands were filthy. If they question it, just tell them that it's embarassing to deal with customers when your hands are so dirty.
I used to see a lot of guys who fought management over every petty little thing and they got more grief in return than it was worth. UPS has about 1,000 things it can write you up over if they want to get petty. If you are going to fight them, make it worth your while and do it over something big like time studies or harassment.

brownrodster

We have a lot of package car drivers who do this. Drive by their car to start it before they roll into the center. At a PCM they asked us to stop doing this but as far as I know no one has ever been diciplined for it.