Clocking out B4 washing hands...

Work right slow and safe

working the twillight me and a few other unloaders have been told by the big man from corp when he stops by are bldg he has walked in to the bathroom when he seen them go in to it and waits for you to finish then will tell you that ups does not pay us to go to the bathroom when working :surprised: so when he told me that i stated back to him that is why california law states we can and i will and walked away :knockedout: and just for the point i was going #1 no one and said any thing after that

chev

Nightcrawler
Just for the record-- California law states that you "have to be paid when you go to the bathroom?"--- that's a strange law for an even stranger state:wink2: I would think the politicians out there would have bigger problems to worry about
Nahh. California politicians are so full of poo, that is all they can think of. :wink2:

drewed

Shankman
AMEN!!!:peaceful:...and a "HELL YA!!!":salute:
Being new to the forum and looking through the smilies/animations, I can only sum this ALL up with this:
:money:=tieguys and management
:clubbing:=supes and employees!

Theres a difference between package drivers and a sorter washing there hands...sorters can wear enough clothing (long sleeves and gloves) to prevent from getting their skin dirty, if you choose not to do that, its your issue not UPS's.

Im sure all of the reasonable people's opinions fell on def ears to you. So with the anitmations it seems like youd be the type to make a lot of imature drama about it.

dillweed

Our management team uses good sense on this one. Seems our batch specializes more on the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ter than operations. :happy-very:

Anyway, those of us who get in and get out aren't troubled. They do notice the milkers and talk to them about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our management team uses good sense on this one. Seems our batch specializes more on the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ter than operations. :happy-very:

Anyway, those of us who get in and get out aren't troubled. They do notice the milkers and talk to them about it.

So we have "runners" and "milkers" when it comes to washing our hands?

tieguy

Banned
Don't clock out I always wash up before I leave there is no way that they can fire you or even reprimand you for that just UPS trying to save $.25 by making you clock out.

This is one of those issues we have let go.

The original intent behind Meal and break was to afford you the opportunity to go to meal and break time to go to the bathroom.

I don't believe the california laws state what was said earlier. Be interested in seeing the language if someone wants to post it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
and just for the point i was going #1 no one and said any thing after that

is this a new language out there in arnoldlant?

please give us the law you quoted when you silenced that big man from corp with your clever knowledge of the legal system there in california?

until then, you work as instructed, and punch out when instructed.

d

newworker

when you get 3 steps from the clock
grab your stomach with one hand and your behind with the other.

turn around and run up the stairs, into the bathroom, into a stall and sit there for 15 minutes periodically groaning.

then wash your hands and go punch out.

squirlygirly

Theres a difference between package drivers and a sorter washing there hands...sorters can wear enough clothing (long sleeves and gloves) to prevent from getting their skin dirty, if you choose not to do that, its your issue not UPS's.

Im sure all of the reasonable people's opinions fell on def ears to you. So with the anitmations it seems like youd be the type to make a lot of imature drama about it.

S.friend. Bay Area weather is 80+ degrees right now, meaning our building is 90+, not to mention I earn every moment while on the clock. I am 1 of those few that have a tendency to go beyond the call of duty, without even thinking, meaning I bust my ass EVERY DAY!!! The only drama that goes on is from the people that slack-off, gossip, stop working because that can't manage to hold a conversation and keep working and I, my dear, am not 1 of them!!!

And if you notice, this thread attracted enough people to make it 3 pages long, in less than 24 hours. "To each their own" and I'm impressed how opinionated y'all are and know I RESPECT each one of them! ~:->>>

STAY TUNED!!!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

What is immature is that you can't handle someone elses opinion.

(In saying this, I must also say that those who take 10 minutes before punching out every day in the bathroom is not what I condone)

Personally I cannot wear gloves because I have a skin condition that when my hands sweat and cannot breathe they become extremely irritated and infected.

Not everyone is the same, so a blanket policy of despising those who take a minute or two to wash and dry their hands before they punch out is to me, very immature.

If you want me to push your numbers, you better make sure my hands are happy too, because they're the ones pushing your numbers.

drewed

Shankman
How did i not handle someone elses opinion?

Just in my exp Ive had hourlies say im going to wash my hands real quick and meet up with you after...I head up to my office drop my stuff off come back to where i was to meet them (bout 10 min round trip) theyre not there, i walk into the restroom and theyre sitting playing with their cell phone.

rod

Retired 22 years
How did i not handle someone elses opinion?

Just in my exp Ive had hourlies say im going to wash my hands real quick and meet up with you after...I head up to my office drop my stuff off come back to where i was to meet them (bout 10 min round trip) theyre not there, i walk into the restroom and theyre sitting playing with their cell phone.

At least that's what they say they are playing with:wink2:

tritese

tritese
washing up on the clock has never been an issue for me. if i get dirty on the clock then i am going to get clean on the clock. nothing has ever been said.

Hangingon

I can't tell you how many times I wash my hands daily at work.. and arms, and legs and face at times. I'm a new Feeder driver, still can't believe where some of that grease ends up.

drewed

Shankman
Do you perspire during work? should UPS pay you to go home and wash your ass?
its the exact same logic your using, so maybe you should grieve that so you can wash your arss on the clock too.

CRASH501

do you perspire during work? Should ups pay you to go home and wash your ass?
Its the exact same logic your using, so maybe you should grieve that so you can wash your arss on the clock too.
.good point but thats why i carry baby wipes. I have no problems wiping my fat sweaty ass right in the truck and throwing the wipes into the trash. I will not work with swampass it's just nasty.
Carry 1 case of water on my truck at all times .
So its easy to wash my hands thereafter.