Clocking out B4 washing hands...

drewed

Shankman
No, the ? was more for, why anything else besides a sup/manager have an office? lol

Yea we're a spirited bunch to say the least, it was nice to see this discussion not tangent too much

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
rodster

Actually, if it's a legitimate safety issue you can pretty much tell these managers to friend themselves. I will not follow any instructions that are unsafe, illegal, or dishonest. It is not safe to not go to the bathroom. Especially since UPS is always telling us to drink more fluids.

the subject was on your way to punch out, not during your work shift. big difference.

if you are in the middle of your shift and you gotta go, you go. regardless of what management says.

but when you are on your way to punch off the clock, you decide to take the long way around and wash up first, and the sup says punch out first, that is not a safety issue. safety has no place in this discussion. you follow your instructions, then if you feel you have been wronged, file.

drewd

while i see your point, why is it that the part time sup send the hourly home at 8, but the low is still outbound? and those very same part time sups that is worried about the 5 minutes that are added to the workday by using the bathroom to wash up pales when you compare it to the 20 minutes to half hour each day that you work on that belt "cleaning up".

so it is a two edged tiger. you dont want the person to add one additional minute to your day, but yet you dont have a problem sending people home before the sort is down, and end up doing their work?

whats the difference between them stealing time or you stealing time?

d

drewed

Shankman
Actually I guess my routine differs then most pt sups, I walk my belt off with two hourlies i point things out they grab them it takes all of 5 minutes..

See I also have a tendency to have a problem with employees going to the bathroom in the middle of my sort STOP before you judge...my sort window is 40 minutes its not extrordinarily hot so the intake of fluids isnt as vital as it would be a hot climate, so if i lose 1 person for 5 minutes in the bathroom thats 16% of the most important work of the day gone for that employee. i know people have health issues and people get sour stomachs and what not but as a base rule a bathroom break shouldnt be in the middle of my sort several times a week.

upsohio

Past practice supercedes current language. If over the duration of your employment at UPS you've washed your hands on the clock, then you have the right to continue to do so. As previously stated you have to work as directed and then file a grievance.

Mike Hawk

I've got 20 years in next month, and still load one shift. Often I hold my water until I'm done, then hit the bathroom before I clock out. Any supe telling me to hit the clock before the urinal will be ignored if my bladder pressure is uncomfortable, except insofar as I will make a point in the future of having a very low tolerance for that kind of discomfort, finishing the job ASAP be damned. And I'll find other ways to make their job harder. Article 44, Section 2, last sentence, is a good one, just to start with. Clock chislers may be a problem, but any supe who treats me like one will get an extended lesson in just how unproductive it is to start a pissing contest.
LOL, what foolish supe wants to get into a pissing contest with an hourly that has been holding it all sort?
I agree. If it's that important, work a little slower, walk to the time clock a little slower to make up the 1 minute used washing up.
Exactly, if you really want that extra quarter or whatever go slightly slower and punch out to wash.

If you look around all of the UPS bathrooms they have notices posted from the CDC. They state you must wash your hands for 15-20 seconds many times during the day. How about instead of pissing in a bottle during the day and saving UPS 10 minutes,break off your route and use a bathroom like a human being. If you have to go to the bathroom before you punch out, I hope you wash your hands.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
How about instead of pissing in a bottle during the day

i dont believe that action is per ups methods, it is used for those drivers that either cant hold it past an hour, or didnt plan ahead.

it is a nasty practice, and is a safety and health hazzard.

d

evilleace

i dont believe that action is per ups methods, it is used for those drivers that either cant hold it past an hour, or didnt plan ahead.

it is a nasty practice, and is a safety and health hazzard.

d

I agree Danny it is definetly unsanitary. Also I don't know why anyone would want to pee in a bottle unless it was absolutely necessary.