Co-Worker Relationships - anything written?

diadlover

aspenleaf said:
So how long will you wait for an apology? Since you were insulted my fellow chicks I feel no need to apologize to you. I just wondered what type of “chicks” were in your area (the only reason I cared about where you worked) . . . since they are the ones you hate. In Colorado we chicks hold our own and do very well. You can have your opinion as I have mine.

I don't care anymore. I don't want to continue this bickering. I work in Arizona BTW.

aspenleaf

Bickering? Oh boy you have never taken on a Colo gal have you? That was tame!
I do hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. So how long have you worked for UPS. I am rather new, only been a preloader since last Dec. Have a good week.

diadlover

over9five said:
"I don't want to continue this bickering."

Dude, then why did you start it???

Dude, I like totally just posted my own opinion. And like dude, don't take that tone with me dude. Wow dude, with that many posts you like have no life dude.

DS

Fenderbender
HEY Diadlover...true, everyone is entitled to thier own opinions,even if they are coming from some whackjob.But you are in no position to demand an apology,or anything else for that matter in here.You sound like a bully a jerk and a nutcase.What idiot even hired you?Do us all a favor and DRIFT....yo Aspenleaf,dont worry about this freak,he`s just a knob. And with his hatred of women,he will also be holding his own for life.

aspenleaf

Thanks DS. . .my fellow chicks in Denver can handle him... Our boxline has more women preloaders than men and the drivers like how we load our trucks and that we bring them homemade cookies on Fridays. :wink:

DS

Fenderbender
COOKIES! wow its gotta be hard to be mad at a preloader that brings in cookies.This could be a whole new thread.Customers that feed us during the day.I have one lady that always gives me banana bread and muffins and stuff,and ya know what? I get this sweet tingle that I dont often get when someone I dont really know does something nice for me.I love it!

aspenleaf

Yes, the cookies help when the truck is packed from floor to roof. Before the driver can say WTF??? I say I baked you some cookies. . . and then they are all smiles. One of my drivers gets samples of some after shave or something so his truck always smells nice. :thumbup1: I like a nice smelling truck... makes me work so much better! Well DS I hope you have a great week!

diadlover

double_standard said:
HEY Diadlover...true, everyone is entitled to thier own opinions,even if they are coming from some whackjob.But you are in no position to demand an apology,or anything else for that matter in here.You sound like a bully a jerk and a nutcase.What idiot even hired you?Do us all a favor and DRIFT....yo Aspenleaf,dont worry about this freak,he`s just a knob. And with his hatred of women,he will also be holding his own for life.

Double_Standard sir,
Why are you so angry towards me? You are my fellow man and I hope for nothing but the best for you. Your name calling is understandable, I offended aspenleaf and as a knoble man you defended her. I have just one question of you sir, may I please continue to read and post replys here? I will honor and obey your answer. Thank you.

diadlover

aspenleaf said:
Bickering? Oh boy you have never taken on a Colo gal have you? That was tame!
I do hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. So how long have you worked for UPS. I am rather new, only been a preloader since last Dec. Have a good week.

O.K. since we have made up I have some advice for you. This is very valuable advice so please take it seriously. Do not ever become a full-time driver. Now, I know everyones gonna say I am a bitter driver, blah, blah, blah. However, I am not a full-time driver at all. That position has destroyed many lives. Broken marriages, absent parents, and destroyed physical conditions. Not going down that road is the best advice for anyone coming into UPS. If you want a career stay until you can become a combo employee. With a little OT you will make just as much as a full-time driver. As a preloader I know you know what I'm talking about. DON'T DO IT!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
with that many posts you like have no life dude

I love it. Guy shows up and in one day posts 16 times and he has the stupidity to post what he just did. How funny.

Hey lover, careful about throwing rocks. Its a small room. Some might just come back to hit you!

Outside of that, welcome. You will find that there are a bunch of really nice folk here. But come in riding a high horse might get you grounded.

Best

d

DS

Fenderbender
I`m not the boss here diadlover.But I believe I speak for the majority of brown cafe` members.You may encounter every kind of person in here,drivers,ex-drivers,ex-drivers wives,preloaders,feeder drivers, management,DHL people,feDEx employees,and sometimes just people off the street that want help or advice about stuff.Half of them are women.I don`t know why you think the way you think,but it sounds like some girl abused you and you are blaming all of them for it.Please feel free to post here as often as you like,but remember this is not yahoo chat.We will all be here tomorrow.So be nice....BTW...There is no "k" in noble.

diadlover

double_standard said:
I`m not the boss here diadlover.But I believe I speak for the majority of brown cafe` members.You may encounter every kind of person in here,drivers,ex-drivers,ex-drivers wives,preloaders,feeder drivers, management,DHL people,feDEx employees,and sometimes just people off the street that want help or advice about stuff.Half of them are women.I don`t know why you think the way you think,but it sounds like some girl abused you and you are blaming all of them for it.Please feel free to post here as often as you like,but remember this is not yahoo chat.We will all be here tomorrow.So be nice....BTW...There is no "k" in noble.

Understood.......stop being a "spelling nazi" everybody!!!!!! However, if you want to be technical you should double space after a period or any end of a sentence, Double_standard. Also, don't forget to space after a comma. Good job on the word "tomorrow". I know that old-timer vet guy would have missed that one.

aspenleaf

Diadlover. . .no fear of me ever driving for UPS. I am a nursing student so unless I fail my boards I will be moving on. This way I can take care of you all when you are broken down in your elder years.:wink: As for your advice that can be said of almost every job out there. I have been in a few places that can ruin your life if you let it. Work can actually be rewarding (but I am one of those people who has actually like the jobs I have held) but you have to find the rewards yourself since no one will give them to you. So having toilet paper in your stall is a good one; having someone say you did a great job with the load is even better and someone starting a conversation with anything but WTF is also good. And the best reward of work is that you earn some money to do what you really want to do in your free time (which is very limited in our country). Most of us on this board try to play nice and I only took offense that you were so hateful to women; I see too many abused women and I will not stand for that. As for anything else you are free to think, say and feel whatever you want. You can hate me if you like, I won't mind. :tongue_sm

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
O.K. since we have made up I have some advice for you. This is very valuable advice so please take it seriously. Do not ever become a full-time driver. Now, I know everyones gonna say I am a bitter driver, blah, blah, blah. However, I am not a full-time driver at all. That position has destroyed many lives. Broken marriages, absent parents, and destroyed physical conditions. Not going down that road is the best advice for anyone coming into UPS. If you want a career stay until you can become a combo employee. With a little OT you will make just as much as a full-time driver. As a preloader I know you know what I'm talking about. DON'T DO IT!!!<!-- / message -->

Aspen

His bigoted advice was worth exactly what you paid for it.

Nothing like an expert in the field.

Lets see, gripes because of absent parents, but yet you recommend a job making less, but of course if you work over time, you will make just as much as someone that is making more and working 2-4 hours overtime a day? Now how does that work in your little dream world?

Child, maybe you better shut up and read a while. Nothing like shooting off at the mouth.

d

aspenleaf

I think DL just loves to get everyone going. . . :tongue_sm

My drivers have already warned me about leaving preload to drive. . .they prefer I load the trucks but know I will leave when I am done with school.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Just leave on good terms when you do. No sense in slamming a door shut when you never know what the future brings.

I had the same preloader for many years, he has been at UPS for 19 years I think. Load the trucks blindfolded better than most using their eyes. And like you, he really cares about the job he does for the drivers. Too bad more UPSers dont get the picture when it comes to personal pride in what they do. And that includes all of them, part time to division managers.

d