Co-worker stinks up two belts - on topic

On topic please I need help, this is pretty bad.

Guy at work seriously needs to shower. Dude downright stanks. It is disgusting I want to throw up every time he walks by. I've started holding my breath but it makes my eyes burn and his stench gets on everything he's near. There's no saving you.

They turn the fans on but all it does is blow his stank around. It smells like Burger King and bad onions mixed with like c-diff poo from dying people or something. Kind of a sweet smell to the disgustingness. Like a stale unwashed infection mixed with natural toxins like bad mushrooms or spoiling cabbage. It's like pee mixed with midnight male boxer funtime and just, I dunno, old rotting meat smells better.

It's been months. He rotates the same 3 sets of clothes (shirts at least) and doesn't wash anything. Honestly I think he wears the same pants.

His smell makes me sick. It is toxic. I make sure not to touch him, clear the area, and notify a supervisor.

But lol no really, is there anything I can do? I did the pull next to him one day and I couldn't get his stank out of my hair, clothes or jacket and had to wash everything twice. My backpack still isn't the same.

Brownslave said hand him a bar of soap. Can I tell the guy he's a disgusting slob and he makes everybody sick without getting fired?

Please tell me there's something somewhere outside of the appearance policy that can make this guy change his freaking clothes or shower. It's so bad it's making me sick thinking about it.

It seems like in the world today, I'd be racist or some kind of -ist and get sued if I told someone they need to wash themselves. It ain't just me either I don't know how others stand it but the fan just blows it in my face. I've literally gagged before and it's only a matter of time until I throw up, and I've eaten some nasty psychedelic cacti and plants/fungus in my life that I know it ain't a weak stomach.

How do I get him non stank without getting fired by saying the wrong thing? Dude is so nasty. I'm starting to worry about my own health being around him and catching crabs or lice or scabies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
IMG_0828.JPG

Wear one of these and spray something inside you can tolerate. If he asks why you're wearing the mask, tell him the dirt in the building is irritating your lungs. Lol.

I almost wanna get two vato thugs and take him out back in hazmat suits, strip him naked and throw lye on him while someone hits him with the fire hose.

(He had the farts again today too).

:whiteflag:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a similar situation with a preloader earlier in the year. It was to the point where drivers complained their cars stunk all day. Did an annual ride with a guy and was still ready to puke when it was time to start pickups. I had the personal hygiene talk with the guy the next day since the preload sup is useless. Worked for about a week and then right back to where we were.

Guy transferred about a month later and it was the happiest preload I've seen since I started here.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Guy at work seriously needs to shower. Dude downright stanks. It is disgusting I want to throw up every time he walks by. I've started holding my breath but it makes my eyes burn and his stench gets on everything he's near. There's no saving you.

They turn the fans on but all it does is blow his stank around. It smells like Burger King and bad onions mixed with like c-diff poo from dying people or something. Kind of a sweet smell to the disgustingness. Like a stale unwashed infection mixed with natural toxins like bad mushrooms or spoiling cabbage. It's like pee mixed with midnight male boxer funtime and just, I dunno, old rotting meat smells better.

It's been months. He rotates the same 3 sets of clothes (shirts at least) and doesn't wash anything. Honestly I think he wears the same pants.

His smell makes me sick. It is toxic. I make sure not to touch him, clear the area, and notify a supervisor.

But lol no really, is there anything I can do? I did the pull next to him one day and I couldn't get his stank out of my hair, clothes or jacket and had to wash everything twice. My backpack still isn't the same.

Brownslave said hand him a bar of soap. Can I tell the guy he's a disgusting slob and he makes everybody sick without getting fired?

Please tell me there's something somewhere outside of the appearance policy that can make this guy change his freaking clothes or shower. It's so bad it's making me sick thinking about it.

It seems like in the world today, I'd be racist or some kind of -ist and get sued if I told someone they need to wash themselves. It ain't just me either I don't know how others stand it but the fan just blows it in my face. I've literally gagged before and it's only a matter of time until I throw up, and I've eaten some nasty psychedelic cacti and plants/fungus in my life that I know it ain't a weak stomach.

How do I get him non stank without getting fired by saying the wrong thing? Dude is so nasty. I'm starting to worry about my own health being around him and catching crabs or lice or scabies.
How about tell ur boss about it and if he doesn't fix it , tell his boss. You don't know what's going on in his life.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
How about tell ur boss about it and if he doesn't fix it , tell his boss. You don't know what's going on in his life.

This. When I was a PT sup I had to handle a situation similar to yours. Had to tell a guy older than my dad that he stinks and nobody wants to work around him unless he showers and changes his clothes. Dude was rank.

Make your supervisor do it, it's his responsibility.

Thanks for taking this issue seriously. I've had this guy's cars before. He stacked out and I had cleanup. It was the worst job I've ever had to do at UPS. I have no idea how drivers can stand that lingering smell in 120 degrees.

It sucks, too, because the dust and detritus and fibers from cardboard in damp (Oregon) environments retain smell. His work area doesn't stink; per se, but it smells nothing like the rest of the building. When it's hot and wet it is worse, because he sweats and his hands touch things we have to touch. So people past him are getting stank and can touch their face and ugh :censored2: me man this guy is so gross.

It just makes me worry he's retarded or has a cath or a bag or some defect, but I can't keep working with this odor plain and simple. It's now become an uncomfortable work environment because of his lack of hygiene.

I don't care how hard he "professionally games" for 100h a week, but I know you don't sweat.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

It is a lifestyle choice, we must accept it. To criticize or have any standards is wrong.