co-workers smoking up in parking lot

• Thread starter overpaid and underlaid
  • Start date

DS

Fenderbender
before work, i observed two co-workers smoking a substance out of a glass pipe in their car in the parking lot before work.
Pot smokers do not smoke pot out of a glass pipe.
A glass pipe is a crack pipe.I don't condone any drugs
in the workplace and especially by the people driving motorized vehicles.Crack is a highly addictive form
of cocaine.

BCFan

:oops: DS i deliver to a sex/head shop and I gotta tell ya that there ARE indeed glass pipes for the inhalation of the fumes of a burning marijuana plant :sailor::thumbup1: BC

I've seen two drivers suspected of being high taken out of service before work and sent in for a fit for work test. Their suspicions were correct. I think they hang out with Ricky Williams now.

lost

I've seen two drivers suspected of being high taken out of service before work and sent in for a fit for work test. Their suspicions were correct. I think they hang out with Ricky Williams now.

LOL:lol:
Yeah, I wish I was a fly on the wall when that conversation with daddy happened. I enjoyed daysort when Richard was our sort manager, we had our boughts but he is one of the few sort managers I have worked for that admitted when the lowly hourly was right. I Could not picture Richard saying " oh ok son what ever you wanna do!":lol::lol::lol:

hoser

Industrial Slob
"perhaps i read your statement wrong."

No, you read it right. In my example it was a non-UPSer. But I would have reported it no matter who was at risk.

OK, Hoser, you have now reported it to your sup, who you may or may not trust. Tomorrow, the same two are smoking pot and still driving on property. You have already fulfilled your obligation to report dangerous behavior. Has your sup done nothing? What do you do now?
i do nothing. i did my duty. it's not my duty to try to do anything about it. i reported it, that's it.

you mean they play for the toronto argonauts? wicked! :w00t:

Channahon

The issue here is: employees smoking in a UPS parking lot prior to work. Regardless of who the employee is, hourly or management, if they are impaired coming into a UPS building, they should be reported.

Nobody has the right to come to work impaired and put themselves and others at risk, based on their actions or behavior. JMO

raceanoncr

The issue here is: employees smoking in a UPS parking lot prior to work. Regardless of who the employee is, hourly or management, if they are impaired coming into a UPS building, they should be reported.

Nobody has the right to come to work impaired and put themselves and others at risk, based on their actions or behavior. JMO

"...if they are impaired coming into a UPS building, they should be reported."

"Nobody has the right to come to work impaired and put themselves and others at risk, based on their actions or behavior."

Chan, do you know what you're saying? This could apply to all current local supes and managers!!!!!!!! Oh, you're talking about drugs? How about MENTAL?????

Channahon

"...if they are impaired coming into a UPS building, they should be reported."

"Nobody has the right to come to work impaired and put themselves and others at risk, based on their actions or behavior."

Chan, do you know what you're saying? This could apply to all current local supes and managers!!!!!!!! Oh, you're talking about drugs? How about MENTAL?????

Well, then I would say that applies to ALL UPS employees, you think???

For some reason, most of us show up everyday or until we retire!!!!

over9five

Staff member
Overpaid and underlaid has hinted that the potheads on property vehicle operation is dangerous.
Hoser has said he would report it to his supervisor (and I agree with him), but let it end there.

If nothing seems to change, what steps would you take next? Would you consider your job done, or would the still dangerous conditions make you take it to the next level?

What IS the next level? (And would you also report your sup for not doing anything about this?)

Interesting problem.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Overpaid and underlaid has hinted that the potheads on property vehicle operation is dangerous.
Hoser has said he would report it to his supervisor (and I agree with him), but let it end there.

If nothing seems to change, what steps would you take next? Would you consider your job done, or would the still dangerous conditions make you take it to the next level?

What IS the next level? (And would you also report your sup for not doing anything about this?)

Interesting problem.
I did my obligation. That's the end of that. If they hit a couple of kids playing on their bikes outside the center at 0100hrs, that doesn't change the ethics of my decisions.

QueenBee

The Cupcake Lady
I would not say anything just yet, but P Heads don’t bother me (No I am not one)

I have watched people get fired for much much less.

So unless you are ready to take away someone’s livelihood then I would not say anything...yet.

farmerbrown

Actually the two smokers were probably taking a break while attending the New Sup training class. I know that the quality of our Sup's are right up there with these two super stars:w00t:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Actually the two smokers were probably taking a break while attending the New Sup training class. I know that the quality of our Sup's are right up there with these two super stars:w00t:

Sadly true about the quality of new supes. I'm not a member of management because of company policy but I've told a few of these bozos they're out of line. One was a co-worker for a time when he was an hourly, the other I bumped into in the operation from time to time. The latter is an IDIOT!!!!!! I wouldn't trust him to manage a rat farm! Now the former...he didn't communicate too well as an hourly OR as a supe for awhile. He came up to me and snapped about handling based on a radio call. I asked two very simple questions with answers that either should have been conveyed by the person on the other end OR that should have been asked before correcting me. He could only say, "I don't know." I don't like blanket corrections without information necessary to correct a mistake OR prevent it from happening again. I told him that (in a more respectful manner) and went to my next assigned door. Guess what? 24 hours later, he comes up to me again and tells me the exact opposite: great handling/placement to X belt about R time earlier. I put a package on a transverse, smiled at him and said, "I see my message got through, didn't it?" He smiled slightly and slowly nodded before walking away. He's becoming my new best friend!:w00t: -Rocky

brownrodster

When I was a part timer a lot of my coworkers got high before during and after work... I thought it was like that everywhere! What can they expect from an 8.50$ per hour work force. Fortunately, as far as I know, it's not like this with FTers (there's definately those few you suspect do it after work lol).