Cobra sent me a letter

No_Member_Name

my last day at UPS was July 5, yes i resigned, and today i received a letter from cobra insurance for $900 a month for health care. Is the coverage the same as Aetna? Worth it? Not worth it?

Also, is it true that i still have health care until the end of August from Aetna?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
my last day at UPS was July 5, yes i resigned, and today i received a letter from cobra insurance for $900 a month for health care. Is the coverage the same as Aetna? Worth it? Not worth it?

Also, is it true that i still have health care until the end of August from Aetna?
Why’d you quit? The coverage was worth it when it was part of your pay.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

cobra kai sent you a letter to join

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How come you “resigned”

ManInBrown

I had to get Cobra years ago when i left a previous job. The other job had subpar insurance. I would recommend getting it. If something goes wrong you are screwed. For me it was about 8 years ago, and i believe it was $650 a month. I never used it once, but if you dont have it and something goes wrong youre in trouble.

Inthegame

COBRA is not insurance. It is the acronym for the law that requires group insurance plans to offer continuing coverage to former participants. That's the good news; the bad news is you get to pay the full premium.

You could also check on insurance under the Affordable Care Act. If you're reasonably healthy that could be less expensive but most likely at less generous coverage levels.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
U guys got the wrong Cobra...

Marion-Cobretti-Cobra-Stallone.jpg

File:Cobra_movie_poster.jpg

35years

Gravy route

No; but I believe there is a grace period when you can choose to retroactively pay for the COBRA coverage...

So if you immediately get seriously ill and didn't pay for coverage, you can retroactively pay and be covered. I believe the grace period is 90 days, but I could be wrong.