Code 5 in DIAD?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a new one today. I pull up in front of a house to deliver a signature required cell phone. I scan the label and a message pops up, "Fraud Activity RTS all". I have never seen this before. We have had Code 4 for houses with DR claims, but this is a new one. My supervisor knew nothing about this.

The stop was an Add/Cut next to my area. We have had problems at this address before, with the person trying to keep things that were ordered by the previous occupant, and I think LP or my center manager has been out there over it. There was nothing in my DIAD menu to cover this non-delivery, so I entered it as "refused", and went to "X" and typed in "Fraud Activity". I was just wondering if this is nationwide.

LED

Level 5 in my area is signature with a valid id. It means signature has been denied at this address. I suppose if the customer keeps denying signatures, then UPS does not need their business (or a claim to pay).

Billy

there was a PCM a while back in my center about stolen accounts. This is one of them I'm sure. Some are receiving stolen goods. Others shipping things.

ol'browneye

I have had "Fraud if ASD" pop up on my screen. I guess I'm supposed to rts the pkg if it came as an asd shipment? I don't know. We don't get pcm's on anything anymore!

Just Lurking

I always show other non-delivery than intercept for these type of packages.

Plus my first thought was 05 for lunches when I show the post.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I have picked up some of these "Fraudulent! Do not deliver if ASD" letters from drop boxes. The thieves steal account numbers and use ASD's. It looks like the Loss Prevention folks are finally catching on. I once picked up over 100 letters like this, had the clerk check the shipper number, found it was fraud, told the powers that be and the letters sat in a locked cage for over a month before I mentioned it AGAIN! I figure it saved them about $1,500.00 - $2,000.00.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have picked up some of these "Fraudulent! Do not deliver if ASD" letters from drop boxes. The thieves steal account numbers and use ASD's. It looks like the Loss Prevention folks are finally catching on. I once picked up over 100 letters like this, had the clerk check the shipper number, found it was fraud, told the powers that be and the letters sat in a locked cage for over a month before I mentioned it AGAIN! I figure it saved them about $1,500.00 - $2,000.00.

The savings on the freight was just the tip of the iceberg. I would bet my paycheck that those envelopes contained bogus money orders, probably from WalMart, and you saved someone stupid enough to try to cash one of those all of the hassle that would have come their way.

We had a rash of those hit our local college (delivered by me) and
luckily only one person tried to cash theirs.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
They WERE checks that scammers send to people, somehow persuading them to deposit them in their bank account and to send a portion of the amount back to the sender. The check bounces and, bingo, another sucker is born! It felt pretty good to foil the scheme.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Did not show up as fraud but I had a nda, the label and envelope was an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper folded over, I almost didnt find it, looked like a piece of add cut paper left on the shelf.
I had to go back that eve for a asd pick up. The girl showed it to me. It was from Alaska Oil and Gas, and the check was "written" on a state street bank check. It looked pretty legit. The instructions were to cash it, deposit it, wire them 1000 and keep the rest. She was not dumb enough to do that. I told her to take it to her bank, and they would call the police? I dunno.
The return addy was from RAX's. I thought she worked at one, its a fast food joint in this area.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had the same cell phone for the same address today. It was a Next Day Saver instead of a Second Day Air like the other day. I worked as instructed and RTSed it. My Hub handles that cellphone warehouse, I should have pulled it off this morning and they would have got it back the same day it was supposed to be delivered.