SAP program question

So this morning I was pulled into the office and told I had violated the terms of my SAP program and will likely be terminated. (Still waiting for official word) I have been in the random testing since February and since I entered the program have had no incidents and only clean tests. This weekend I drank on Sunday (off the clock obviously) I am also Tuesday through Saturday so wasn’t going to be working until Tuesday knowing drinking on Sunday would not show up on a test if I were to have a random. I made a few phone calls to coworkers who could tell I was drinking and were concerned for me therefore reported it to the center manager. Can they really fire me for drinking well off the clock and it having nothing to do with anything at work whatsoever? Thanks for your input in advance. I also realize I am in the program for a reason and shouldn’t be drinking in the first place however slip ups happen and I ask that you don’t give rude comments please.

I should also state I have contacted my union leadership and business agents and they informed me they do not believe that is probable cause to terminate me as it was on my own time away from work and no crime such as a dui or anything was committed.

Cheesypurpletees

So this morning I was pulled into the office and told I had violated the terms of my SAP program and will likely be terminated. (Still waiting for official word) I have been in the random testing since February and since I entered the program have had no incidents and only clean tests. This weekend I drank on Sunday (off the clock obviously) I am also Tuesday through Saturday so wasn’t going to be working until Tuesday knowing drinking on Sunday would not show up on a test if I were to have a random. I made a few phone calls to coworkers who could tell I was drinking and were concerned for me therefore reported it to the center manager. Can they really fire me for drinking well off the clock and it having nothing to do with anything at work whatsoever? Thanks for your input in advance. I also realize I am in the program for a reason and shouldn’t be drinking in the first place however slip ups happen and I ask that you don’t give rude comments please.
How do they know you were drinking off the clock if your test was clean?

Johney

I drunk dialed a few of my coworkers who are aware I’m in the program and not supposed to be drinking. They could tell I was drunk when I called them and reported it to the center manager.
Those aren’t coworkers they’re rats and you need to get them off your phone list. Besides how do they really know you were drunk? They can say they thought you were.

HubSnakeWrangler

The SAP program is independent from UPS until you come back dirty on a random test. Your BA should be able to get this solved easily with back pay if they took you out of service. Heresay from coworkers is not a dirty test or cause for a reasonable suspicion test. You should be good.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Your friends always rat you out? You need better drinking buddies.

Anyway, deny everything. Never happened, have no idea what you are talking about.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Struggling with an addiction is very difficult. Look around you and assess what you have to lose if you lose your job and take the appropriate action.

Thebrownblob

I drunk dialed a few of my coworkers who are aware I’m in the program and not supposed to be drinking. They could tell I was drunk when I called them and reported it to the center manager.
Well first, don’t drink and put your job in Jeopardy when you’re on SAP program, secondly, learn who your friends actually are, because those are not them.

BrownSnowFlake

If one of my coworkers called me off the clock, drunk, I wouldn’t hesitate to drop a dime on them. I’m here to make money, not friends, and when I’m not getting paid I don’t want to be reminded that you exist.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If one of my coworkers called me off the clock, drunk, I wouldn’t hesitate to drop a dime on them. I’m here to make money, not friends, and when I’m not getting paid I don’t want to be reminded that you exist.
How do you know they are drunk?

b01251d0-c14c-4e1f-a224-0a0ec0409d5a.gif