Colin Kaepernick settles out of court!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And P.S., No one wants to see unjustified shootings, but the black community has a much greater problem, exponentially, with blacks killing blacks as opposed to police officers doing it.
It's about hate of white America for past sins, I get it, but to suggest that cops killing blacks is their biggest problem is just untrue, but you'd rather believe that than the truth.
It is natural to be jealous of others that are superior to one's self.

refineryworker05

And P.S., No one wants to see unjustified shootings, but the black community has a much greater problem, exponentially, with blacks killing blacks as opposed to police officers doing it. It's about hate of white America for past sins, I get it, but to suggest that cops killing blacks is their biggest problem is just untrue, but you'd rather believe that than the truth.

No one wants to see it. I disagree. If everyone was in agreement, then why does protesting police shootings cause so much anger with millions of Americans when it doesn't even impact them?

Like the citizens of St. Louis or Ferguson or any where saying hey police violence and treatment is a problem and we want our local police department to treat black people better has no impact on all those people who become outraged, but yet they are outraged.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. Violence in America is an American societal problem.

American social problems always somehow get transformed into internal black racial problems caused by what's collectively wrong within the black race.

The same old lie meant to criminalize black people in general, which is then used by cops and society in general to justify treating black Americans badly.

Black people say hey this is a problem in society, America's reply is no the problem is what's wrong within the black race. Same song and dance.

browndevil

Again, this is all fraud stuff. Imagine claiming to be outraged at disrespecting the flag and for the nation and being fine with trump being president.

trump personally insulted all POW's as not being hero's for being captured when he attacked McCain. Trump personally attacked a gold star family. Trump personally made the wife of a dead soldier cry. Trump personally says he believes what Putin and other foreign leaders say over the American military. Trump personally insults the American military intelligence as incompetent and not smart.

Trump is/was surrounded by people who have pleaded guilty to lying about their involvement with Russia, a government that is our enemy and who interfered in our elections to help him win.

trump supporters can tolerate all of that stuff with no doubt and feel like trump should be president, but kneeling by a football player during the anthem is too much for their patriotic hearts.

Just straight fraud stuff. I mean just completely irrational and phony nonsense.

And what was the player protesting? the death of their fellow Americans at the hands of state violence, that part consistently gets ignored by trump supports who characterize those protests as anti American, anti cop.
Preach!

Box Ox

No one wants to see it. I disagree. If everyone was in agreement, then why does protesting police shootings cause so much anger with millions of Americans when it doesn't even impact them?

Like the citizens of St. Louis or Ferguson or any where saying hey police violence and treatment is a problem and we want our local police department to treat black people better has no impact on all those people who become outraged, but yet they are outraged.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. Violence in America is an American societal problem.

American social problems always somehow get transformed into internal black racial problems caused by what's collectively wrong within the black race.

The same old lie meant to criminalize black people in general, which is then used by cops and society in general to justify treating black Americans badly.

Black people say hey this is a problem in society, America's reply is no the problem is what's wrong within the black race. Same song and dance.

I think a lot of the problems black communities and law enforcement currently face won’t be effectively addressed for a long time. It’s just not possible when real talk or pointing to statistics could lead to life-long social banishment because somebody doesn’t like what’s being said.

When people are ready to face hard truths, progress might be made. But not until then.

refineryworker05

I think a lot of the problems black communities and law enforcement currently face won’t be effectively addressed for a long time. It’s just not possible when real talk or pointing to statistics could lead to life-long social banishment because somebody doesn’t like what’s being said.

When people are ready to face hard truths, progress might be made. But not until then.

Again, it is the same old lie, that transforms American social problems into collective black racial problems caused by what is collectively wrong within the black race..

Black Americans are removed from public policy within America that causes American social problems, are removed from American culture, so all that's left for too many Americans is American social problem's are caused by what's internally wrong within the black race.

That's all you said, there are no "hard truths" only lies that something is wrong collectively within the black race that causes American social problems, we just keep wanting to have that same bigoted understanding.

vantexan

Again, it is the same old lie, that transforms American social problems into collective black racial problems caused by what is collectively wrong within the black race..

Black Americans are removed from public policy within America that causes American social problems, are removed from American culture, so all that's left for too many Americans is American social problem's are caused by what's internally wrong within the black race.

That's all you said, there are no "hard truths" only lies that something is wrong collectively within the black race that causes American social problems, we just keep wanting to have that same bigoted understanding.
Thank goodness you're here to set us straight. When did you realize that everything is about race? College dissertation?

Box Ox

we just keep wanting to have that same bigoted understanding.

What do you think should be done to help black Americans move forward from their present position?

refineryworker05

What do you think should be done to help black Americans move forward from their present position?

What is the present position? I have no idea what you mean by that.

If you mean what should be done to close the huge across the board racial gaps at every level of American society, I'd say stop being racist towards black Americans in housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care would cure almost 100% of these things over time. But alas...

Box Ox

What is the present position? I have no idea what you mean by that.

This, apparently:

Black Americans are removed from public policy within America

I'd say stop being racist towards black Americans in housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care would cure almost 100% of these things over time. But alas...

The assumption that racism is to blame for racial disparities in all of the above and the casting of those deemed responsible as racists will never be a productive way to sustainably make America a better place for all black Americans.

refineryworker05

This, apparently:

The assumption that racism is to blame for racial disparities in all of the above and the casting of those deemed responsible as racists will never be a productive way to sustainably make America a better place for all black Americans.

Here is the thing, I wish people would pay attention to what the people on the other side of the civil rights movement were saying....they'd see they are making the same arguments. I watched numerous interviews from somewhere in MS before the 1964 civil rights bill that basically ensured black Americans would be able to vote was passed.

They interviewed regular looking white Americans in Mississippi about this legislation, and to a person, they all felt it was unnecessary, that racism wasn't a problem, that black Americans were already equal. They said this legislation would make things worse and cause more problems, etc.

Were these people racist? I don't know, did the 1964 civil rights legislation call them racist? No. Did the civil rights legislation address racist policies? Yes. Was huge progress made? Yes.

Your concerns are misplaced.

Box Ox

Here is the thing, I wish people would pay attention to what the people on the other side of the civil rights movement were saying....they'd see they are making the same arguments. I watched numerous interviews from somewhere in MS before the 1964 civil rights bill that basically ensured black Americans would be able to vote was passed.

They interviewed regular looking white Americans in Mississippi about this legislation, and to a person, they all felt it was unnecessary, that racism wasn't a problem, that black Americans were already equal. They said this legislation would make things worse and cause more problems, etc.

Were these people racist? I don't know, did the 1964 civil rights legislation call them racist? No. Did the civil rights legislation address racist policies? Yes. Was huge progress made? Yes.

Your concerns are misplaced.

How are black Americans in 2019 being held back by racism in the areas you mentioned in Post #76: housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care?