Colin Kaepernick settles out of court!

refineryworker05

Yeah, it'll be a waste because people can believe whatever they want. I gave you an example of people in 1960's Mississippi expressing their sincerely held belief that racism didn't exist and the civil rights bill unnecessary.

So a person can be informed that huge across the board long standing racial gaps exist in every area of American life, but to that person somehow the existence of these gaps doesn't point towards continued systematic racism, for many it proves something is collectively wrong within the black race. And for those people, there are no facts that's going to dissuade them from holding onto that belief.

Box Ox

Yeah, it'll be a waste because people can believe whatever they want. I gave you an example of people in 1960's Mississippi expressing their sincerely held belief that racism didn't exist and the civil rights bill unnecessary.

The Mississippians you cite were probably idiots. Discrimination in the 60s, particularly in the south, was demonstrable and on TV screens during nightly newscasts. Fire hoses, police dogs, batons, segregation, you name it.

So a person can be informed that huge across the board long standing racial gaps exist in every area of American life, but to that person somehow the existence of these gaps doesn't point towards continued systematic racism, for many it proves something is collectively wrong within the black race. And for those people, there are no facts that's going to dissuade them from holding onto that belief.

I think talking about issues inherent to black society in 2019 would be more productive than attributing what ails it to systemic racism. Let's get into the details and the numbers, rather than attributing everything to a victimhood that would stop if only the white man would take his boot off the necks of black folks. That won't help anybody.

refineryworker05

The Mississippians you cite were probably idiots. Discrimination in the 60s, particularly in the south, was demonstrable and on TV screens during nightly newscasts. Fire hoses, police dogs, batons, segregation, you name it.

I think talking about issues inherent to black society in 2019 would be more productive than attributing what ails it to systemic racism. Let's get into the details and the numbers, rather than attributing everything to a victimhood that would stop if only the white man would take his boot off the necks of black folks. That won't help anybody.

Smh, no the idea that racism is a problem for black Americans is always at every moment been a highly contested idea. Again people would say that those people brought that stuff on themselves, they'd say if they weren't protesting they wouldn't get attacked. I can assure you those people weren't idiots they just grew up in America.

There is no black society. This is where the bs happens. Like I wrote black Americans are removed from American society and American social problems get transformed into collective black racial failure. Pure racist nonsense

There is no such thing as victimhood in relation to this discussion. It is made up bs.

When black Americans say hey this is racist that doesn't then mean they do nothing and be a victim. Indeed historically identifying racism requires and demands lots of work on the part of black Americans to correct that racism. So the idea that focusing on racism is victimhood is a lie.

Last edited:

Box Ox

Indeed historically identifying racism requires and demands lots of work on the part of black Americans to correct that racism.

Historically, indeed. I imagine it'd be even more difficult to identify specific incidents of racism in "housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care" for correction in 2019.

I'm a Democratic voter. But Democrats have to effectively qualify and quantify their objectives to moderates instead of running as far to the left as they can if they want to win the 11/2020 election.

refineryworker05

Historically, indeed. I imagine it'd be even more difficult to identify specific incidents of racism in "housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care" for correction in 2019.

I'm a Democratic voter. But Democrats have to effectively qualify and quantify their objectives to moderates instead of running as far to the left as they can if they want to win the 11/2020 election.

You used the correct word "you imagine" IE you believe. You aren't reading about racial discrimination. You don't believe it exists. I told you people can and will believe whatever they want.

That's why I used the example of regular white Americans in Mississippi that believed/imagined in the 1960's that racism didn't exist and black people had the same rights, racism is hard to identify and even harder to prove. I can assure you people made arguments to uphold racist policies as not racist or discriminatory and tens of millions of Americans believed those arguments.

This thing goes far beyond political parties. My guess is those white people they interviewed in Mississippi in the 1960's were likely democrats.

All, I can say is this there is no way that a non racist nation would have across the board huge long standing racial gaps in every area of American life. Logically it is not possible. I don't know what else to tell you other than do some reading on the topic and you can know. Not imagine.

Last edited:

Box Ox

You used the correct word "you imagine" IE you believe. You aren't

I could have easily gone without the word “imagine” and said “it'd be even more difficult to identify specific incidents of racism in "housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care" for correction in 2019.”

It was just a more diplomatic way of saying the same thing. Because it is more difficult to identify systemic racism in 2019.

Which is why the media is so eager to jump on fake stories of racist deeds such as Jussie Smollett’s. It helps them and far left activists construct a false narrative that 2019 America is still 1960s America. It is not.

vantexan

Smh, no the idea that racism is a problem for black Americans is always at every moment been a highly contested idea. Again people would say that those people brought that stuff on themselves, they'd say if they weren't protesting they wouldn't get attacked. I can assure you those people weren't idiots they just grew up in America.

There is no black society. This is where the bs happens. Like I wrote black Americans are removed from American society and American social problems get transformed into collective black racial failure. Pure racist nonsense

There is no such thing as victimhood in relation to this discussion. It is made up bs.

When black Americans say hey this is racist that doesn't then mean they do nothing and be a victim. Indeed historically identifying racism requires and demands lots of work on the part of black Americans to correct that racism. So the idea that focusing on racism is victimhood is a lie.
It must be frustrating for you to know the Democrat Party, which once stood up for Black jobs by saying that illegal immigration must be stopped and voted for such, are now wanting illegals by the millions to enter which ultimately hurts Black employment. But that's where the Party's future lies, millions of new voters.

refineryworker05

I could have easily gone without the word “imagine” and said “it'd be even more difficult to identify specific incidents of racism in "housing, employment, education, criminal justice, health care" for correction in 2019.”

It was just a more diplomatic way of saying the same thing. Because it is more difficult to identify systemic racism in 2019.

Which is why the media is so eager to jump on fake stories of racist deeds such as Jussie Smollett’s. It helps them and far left activists construct a false narrative that 2019 America is still 1960s America. It is not.
No it is not. You really don't get this. It was hard to prove systematic racism to people in 1954. I know you believe and imagine it was obvious to all, but it wasn't. Millions of Americans believed and imagined it was difficult to prove systematic racism and they just couldn't imagine it existed in the 1920's.

I'll give it to you again. The idea that a non racist nation would have across the board long standing huge racial disparities in every aspect of that nation, is just not possible. That's America in 2019, the fact that you don't think systematic racism exists is not an uncommon belief.

refineryworker05

It must be frustrating for you to know the Democrat Party, which once stood up for Black jobs by saying that illegal immigration must be stopped and voted for such, are now wanting illegals by the millions to enter which ultimately hurts Black employment. But that's where the Party's future lies, millions of new voters.

Yeah, before illegal immigration... life was a peachy for black Americans. If only undocumented immigrants weren't in America, then racism wouldn't exist either. Smh.