College admissions scam

BrownArmy

Babagounj

Strength through joy
But they have been spotted moving furniture out of their current digs, there was some talk about them downsizing. I wonder how much furniture they will need for their cells ?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Mike Rowe On College Admissions Scandals: The Real Scandal Is The Myth That A College Education Is Required

So where’s the outrage for the pressure that we put on a seventeen-year-old to borrow $100,000? So much of that pressure comes from their mom and dad; it’s well-intended, but it’s kind of tragic. And where’s the outrage for the guidance counselors, who continually say the best path for the most people just happens to be the most expensive. And the politicians and the lobbyists who exacerbate the same myth and the employers who still insist on only interviewing people with a four-year degree.

bacha29

It is my understanding that Huffman pleaded guilty but prosecutors still want her to serve 4-10 months. Loughlin's intends to roll the dice and fight the charges in court. If convicted they good get serious jail time and their careers seriously damaged.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Mike Rowe On College Admissions Scandals: The Real Scandal Is The Myth That A College Education Is Required

So where’s the outrage for the pressure that we put on a seventeen-year-old to borrow $100,000? So much of that pressure comes from their mom and dad; it’s well-intended, but it’s kind of tragic. And where’s the outrage for the guidance counselors, who continually say the best path for the most people just happens to be the most expensive. And the politicians and the lobbyists who exacerbate the same myth and the employers who still insist on only interviewing people with a four-year degree.
Truth.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have for years told co-workers, who were parents, to get their kids into vocational schools.
I was pushing the idea that marine mechanics was the best career choice. Since there is always a shortage of them.
One child was so bad at most things that even the US Army rejected him.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have for years told co-workers, who were parents, to get their kids into vocational schools.
I was pushing the idea that marine mechanics was the best career choice. Since there is always a shortage of them.
One child was so bad at most things that even the US Army rejected him.
Did they appreciate your advice?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did they appreciate your advice?
Some did, including the one with the Army reject.
Funny thing was the parent actually brought the 18 yrs to work to talk with a few of the co-workers who were Vietnam Vets before applying to the Army. I guess their tips didn't help.

El Correcto

god is dead

“Of course he doesn’t want government cut because he’s on welfare. Like all the other professors out there.
Thats right all of you eggheads are on welfare!”

Mark is a national treasure.

El Correcto

god is dead
Not sure you're the best voice to critique our education system...
It’s an overpriced daycare/indoctrination center with government mandated credentialism that severely limits opportunities for the poor and fosters a government reliance mentality in our youth.

That’s why I chose to partake as little as possible. I don’t need women who couldn’t find stable work in the private sector with their degrees lecturing me on the merits of government and going to college.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT, NOW GET OFF THE INTERNET YOU IDIOT!
upload_2019-4-20_0-56-49.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s an overpriced daycare/indoctrination center with government mandated credentialism that severely limits opportunities for the poor and fosters a government reliance mentality in our youth.

That’s why I chose to partake as little as possible. I don’t need women who couldn’t find stable work in the private sector with their degrees lecturing me on the merits of government and going to college.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT, NOW GET OFF THE INTERNET YOU IDIOT!
View attachment 244978
You seem butthurt that school made you feel stupid.