Columbus Ohio

sano

I am looking for more information. I hope I don’t wear out my welcome here.
Does anyone from Columbus Ohio know approx how long the wait time to is to go driving? Or any other information about the state of UPS in Columbus?
There are several areas across the country that we would consider moving to and knowing how long it would take to get to driver would sure weigh on the decision.
Thanks again for any help or advice.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You wont wear out your welcome, but I do not know the answer, sorry. In my area, ne ohio it takes between 5 and 7 yrs.

Channahon

I am looking for more information. I hope I don’t wear out my welcome here.
Does anyone from Columbus Ohio know approx how long the wait time to is to go driving? Or any other information about the state of UPS in Columbus?
There are several areas across the country that we would consider moving to and knowing how long it would take to get to driver would sure weigh on the decision.
Thanks again for any help or advice.

If you currently work for UPS, ask an HR representative or maybe your union steward or busines agent can call Local Union for the answer. Or send Joopster a private message, as I believe he is in Columbus

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I've seen drivers get FT jobs in less than two years. I would say the average is around 5 years.

As far as the state of UPS, the hub on Trabue Rd. is not going anywhere. We run Preload 4-9 am, Day Noon-5 Twilight 5:30 -10 and Nights 10:30 til 3:30 am. I would say that UPS in columbus employs roughly 400-500 employees, maybe more.

sano

Thanks for the information everyone.
Another question... How is the seniority handled in Columbus? Is each location separate or is the whole area on the same seniority list?
Thanks again for all the advice.

BROWN430

I work out of the Lancaster center just south of Cbus. It takes us an average of 5 to 6 yrs. But we only run 15 to 17 routes a day. Noone in our center quits, so you have to wait for someone to retire, die, or get fired. We did have our last driver get lucky and work for 2 weeks part time then a driving job came open. No other ptimer wanted to drive so he got it and drives 3 to 4 times a week . Lucky S.O.B