commercial release

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We weren't required to deliver to certain sections of our area. Then we had to deliver the air in those sections. Which would mean we would miss other sections meant for the next day. It just snowballed. At one point I brought back as many as I delivered. Management abused it also. So I think it lasted about 8 months. Before they put it back to deliver all

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If it was a great idea to you. Where did it go? Sure post is getting real close. They screw up everything. You weren't surprised.,right

RR went away because the company decided to use it as a dispatch tool rather than it's original intent.

I had a country run at the time. There is a small town that is a 10 mile round trip from the main highway. Before RR I would go down there every time that I had a package, which was usually 2-3 times per week. With RR I would go down there once a week. When they left the work on the car I could get rid of most of the chasers in town anyway. It's when they started pulling entire towns, putting them under the belt and not letting us dig through the pile to see what we could get rid of.

Surepost is only going to continue to grow.

40 and out

Any other center doing commercial release? We went live the other day with bulk commercial release. Fun times.
We are going to start this on 9/18. At least my center manager was honest about it at the pcm this morning. "When IE adjusts the time allowences for this, you will all be getting more stops". Probably not the end of the world on my route. Only about 20 commercial stops. Routes with 50 or more commercial stops will be nasty.

We are going to start this on 9/18. At least my center manager was honest about it at the pcm this morning. "When IE adjusts the time allowences for this, you will all be getting more stops". Probably not the end of the world on my route. Only about 20 commercial stops. Routes with 50 or more commercial stops will be nasty.
You expect anything less?

deliverthatbox

We just had DIAD training on commercial release this week. Haven't heard when we go live with it yet. As I was going through the training my first thought was okay they just came up with a new way to cut our time allowance. Second thought was crap...I'm gonna have a ton of DFU's backtracking my cover drivers every time I come off vacation. Thanks alot powers that be! IE strikes again.