company insurance

U

ups79

I am confused concerning insurance for retirees. In the articles of agreement between UPS and Local 710, it states "Medical coverage shall continue to be provided for full-time employees who have attained age 50 and who have met the requirements of 25 years of pension contributions." I understand that after the 35 week in your 25th year, you have earned 25 years of pension credits.
However, Human Resources has sent me a phamplet entitled "UPS Heealth Program, for Full-time Retirees." In this booklet it states "Your coverage begins if you retire at age 50 with 25 years of service." My question is does these two quotes have the same meaning?
I will have 25 years of pension credits and be older than 50 years of age by Aug 30, 2003(the end of the 35th week in 2003).
Will my spouse and I receive insurance benefits if I retire after Aug. 30, 2003, but before my seniority date in the year 2004.

L

longups

It sounds like you should get a written decision on this from the union local.

D

dannyboy

Make sure it is in writing as he says. Its suprising how their memories fade when they get put on the spot.

d