Compete with Amazon

This company will NEVER be able to successfully compete against Amazon! Are you kidding me? Our complete lack of any sort of leadership, our dogmatic attitude towards operations, and anyone with an ounce of self respect leaving like rats off a sinking ship. We will never have the talent or freedom to allow any real ability to compete and Amazon knows this. Our current culture is why we are dying the death of 1000 cuts. Slow and painful. Its tough to watch a once great company fall apart as fast as we are, but I defy anyone to find an operater who enjoys their job.

Popeye

Not sure why we don't stand up to Amazon threats. UPS and Fedex could put a big dent in the Amazon model by opening all our gateway air hubs to UPSCommerce.com. UPS already has infrustructure with planes. Lets offer OUR customers to sell goods on a UPS commerce site at half the price as amazon. Pack it and ship it right from our gateway. Amazon wont know what hit them.
Wake up Management Commitee. Expand our services.

I’m afraid at this point they are trying to close the barn door after the horse has left. For more reasons than I could count there’s no chance in hell that UPS could compete with Amazon. 25 years ago, absolutely. Today? NFW.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Not sure why we don't stand up to Amazon threats. UPS and Fedex could put a big dent in the Amazon model by opening all our gateway air hubs to UPSCommerce.com. UPS already has infrustructure with planes. Lets offer OUR customers to sell goods on a UPS commerce site at half the price as amazon. Pack it and ship it right from our gateway. Amazon wont know what hit them.
Wake up Management Commitee. Expand our services.
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...wide-Easily-Manage-Multiple-Marketplaces.html
Like this, or something different

And their stock price... They have gone from a bookseller worth nothing to a company worth over TEN TIMES in market cap what UPS is in a relatively short time. If they wanted to, they could buy us many times over.

And their stock price... They have gone from a bookseller worth nothing to a company worth over TEN TIMES in market cap what UPS is in a relatively short time. If they wanted to, they could buy us many times over.
But they can’t.

And if UPS and Fedex wanted to they could put a big attack on Amazon taking the majority of their customers away in less than 2 years. I believe in 10 years Amazon will be attacked on all fronts. Its not such a complex business model. Its like selling coolaid for kids and taking 20% right off the top.

Hmmmm, perfect Amazon. They can't hide all their weaknesses......
Amazon.com Inc. said it was hit by an "extensive" fraud, revealing that unidentified hackers were able to siphon funds from merchant accounts over six months last year.

Amazon believes it was the victim of a "serious" online attack by hackers who broke into about 100 seller accounts and funneled cash from loans or sales into their own bank accounts, according to a U.K. legal document. The hack took place between May 2018 and October 2018, Amazon’s lawyers said in a redacted filing from November that can now be made public.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Amazon at some point will have to divide itself. They have certain parts of their company that could be Fortune 500 businesses of their own.

Even though it is of little profit...right now UPS still needs Amazon's volume to justify our volume capacity expansion.

Our best offense is developing small businesses to have two day to next day shipping and further align with company's who are not scare of Amazon i.e. Disney and Walmart so we can replace that Amazon volume with either more profitable volume or to stunt Amazon Logistics development.

Either way we got to cut the Amazon cord first before they do.