Confederate Flag at UPS (on topic)

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
confederacy and their revisionist shills are total losers

slavery was a garbage economic institution, held the country back socially and economically, haunts us to this day, and the confederacy itself was an embarrassingly bad government

militarily they had some brilliant moments but their war strategy was basically "france and england will help us because they need cotton!" which was possibly the most delusional strategy in the history of warfare, on a par with "this magic water will stop machine gun bullets!"

it baffles me to the core that any modern conservatives associate themselves with that giant cluster:censored2:

20thmaine.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

slavery was a garbage economic institution, held the country back socially and economically, haunts us to this day, and the confederacy itself was an embarrassingly bad government

militarily they had some brilliant moments but their war strategy was basically "france and england will help us because they need cotton!" which was possibly the most delusional strategy in the history of warfare, on a par with "this magic water will stop machine gun bullets!"

it baffles me to the core that any modern conservatives associate themselves with that giant cluster:censored2:

View attachment 399368

If the south was its own country, it would have been the fourth richest in the world at the time. Economics weren’t the problem.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Lol. No

About 40 years ago Mom was in N.C. on an old farm looking at antiques for sale, she saw it balled up on the floor and asked the guy what it was. He told her it was a flag that had been in his family for years, she asked if he wanted to sell, it guy said he needed money and would sell it to her for $75, she couldn't get the money out fast enough. She got authenticated and framed. I'll try and post a pic later.View attachment 399369
Holy Cow.
That is a keeper.

BrownFlush

View attachment 399368
1662397550373.png

BrownFlush

The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states.---Charles Dickens, 1862
No soldier on either side gave a damn about the slaves.---Shelby Foote, American historian

Gen.U.S.Grant made this statement in 1862 (some historians attribute the quote to Sherman):
" If I thought the war was to abolish slavery,I would resign my
commision and offer my sword to the other side."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol. No

About 40 years ago Mom was in N.C. on an old farm looking at antiques for sale, she saw it balled up on the floor and asked the guy what it was. He told her it was a flag that had been in his family for years, she asked if he wanted to sell, it guy said he needed money and would sell it to her for $75, she couldn't get the money out fast enough. She got authenticated and framed. I'll try and post a pic later.View attachment 399369

Some Reb would pay a lot of money for
that. Any idea what it’s worth?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

If the south was its own country, it would have been the fourth richest in the world at the time. Economics weren’t the problem.
slavery is profitable for the upper class, it cripples the future economic development of a nation by limiting innovation, industrialization, and the development of a skilled workforce

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states.---Charles Dickens, 1862
No soldier on either side gave a damn about the slaves.---Shelby Foote, American historian

Gen.U.S.Grant made this statement in 1862 (some historians attribute the quote to Sherman):
" If I thought the war was to abolish slavery,I would resign my
commision and offer my sword to the other side."

Eq3UuulXEAMg8f8.jpg

efd.jpg

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
but seriously confederate apologists are about the stupidest people on earth

most of the rebel states outright said slavery was the reason they were seceding in their articles of treason, the revisionist crap about economic warfare or states rights is total nonsense especially when you consider the Confederacy was:
  1. an oligarchy with less "states rights" than the Union had
  2. a plantation economy hellbent on crushing innovation and free trade of any kind

BrownFlush

slavery is profitable for the upper class,
Uh..yeah. True story.
it cripples the future economic development of a nation by limiting innovation, industrialization, and the development of a skilled workforce
No doubt about it.
If America still had slaves picking cotton, there wouldn't be cotton pickers, tractors, drones, trucks, why we wouldn't even landed on the moon.

Hey honey, git yer ass over here. The fire in the wood stove is plum out, and you need to git hit fired up for ye get out to the well and pump me some bath water in the wash tub. Holler when it's full, I'll come out and help you carry hit in.
Hey Kunta Kinte... you feed the horses yet?
SMH

but seriously confederate apologists are about the stupidest people on earth

most of the rebel states outright said slavery was the reason they were seceding in their articles of treason, the revisionist crap about economic warfare or states rights is total nonsense especially when you consider the Confederacy was:
  1. an oligarchy with less "states rights" than the Union had
  2. a plantation economy hellbent on crushing innovation and free trade of any kind
Your YDS (Yankee Derangement Syndrome) is laughable.

Slavery would have taken care of itself in this country by the very things that you state it limited.