Confusing Fedex job posting

McFeely

Huge Member
The crappy route at my station is considered the "dirt route". Dry dirt roads for daaaaaaaays and lotsa crappy customers out in the country with ill-behaved dogs that bite.

You open no windows or doors on the truck on this route. You hope to all that is holy that your truck has AC for the summer.

vantexan

The crappy route at my station is considered the "dirt route". Dry dirt roads for daaaaaaaays and lotsa crappy customers out in the country with ill-behaved dogs that bite.

You open no windows or doors on the truck on this route. You hope to all that is holy that your truck has AC for the summer.
I remember driving an old step van on red clay roads back in the 90's. Everything in the back was covered in thick dust. Had to clean out the van every day. Literally choked when I walked into the back.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I remember driving an old step van on red clay roads back in the 90's. Everything in the back was covered in thick dust. Had to clean out the van every day. Literally choked when I walked into the back.
lol! same here. I’d blow the cloud of dust off the package right in front of the customers’ face and they’d go “Jayzuss! How long has that thing been in transit?”
I think I still have a thick coating of dust in my lungs from those days.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

That’s funny. In my station, those are the dream routes. I have a route like that, except my customers are all super nice. Tons of dogs, but I’ve won them over with dog treats. Once I got a Sprinter with power windows, life was great. Only time it’s no fun is when it snows. I have no problem doing a Dex 84 then though. Lol.

McFeely

Huge Member
That’s funny. In my station, those are the dream routes. I have a route like that, except my customers are all super nice. Tons of dogs, but I’ve won them over with dog treats. Once I got a Sprinter with power windows, life was great. Only time it’s no fun is when it snows. I have no problem doing a Dex 84 then though. Lol.

The thing with this route (when I did it) is that it had 6 zip codes and 3 different PO time commits. You had to hit 10:30, 12:00, 3:00, 4:30, and still make pickup windows too. No mistakes on that route or you'd pay big time. And I was in one of the Isuzus when I ran it. Filthy filthy filthy and damn near deaf from the noise inside the truck.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The thing with this route (when I did it) is that it had 6 zip codes and 3 different PO time commits. You had to hit 10:30, 12:00, 3:00, 4:30, and still make pickup windows too. No mistakes on that route or you'd pay big time. And I was in one of the Isuzus when I ran it. Filthy filthy filthy and damn near deaf from the noise inside the truck.
Yeah, I have all those commits and five zip codes. Good thing is, those of us on outer area routes get to run P2 with P1 as long as we don’t have lates. My truck was new when I got it. I’m starting to notice the effect the dirt roads are having on it. Bulkhead door rattles like crazy now. No way could I have an Isuzu out there. It wouldn’t fit some places. lol.

Serf

I'm looking for a driving job and trying to figure out if this is or isn't. Can someone help me out here :)

The posting is :Handler Non-DOT, Mon-Fri, 630p-10p, $14.30/hr + benefits

But the description says:
Driver / Operator Of Company Vehicles, Providing Courteous And Efficient Delivery And Pick-Up Of Packages. Checks Shipments For Conformance To Fedex Features Of Service And Provides Related Customer Service Functions.

High School Diploma/G.E.D. Must Be Licensed For Type Of Vehicle Assigned. Ability To Lift 75 Lbs. Ability To Maneuver Packages Of Any Weight Above 75 Lbs With Appropriate Equipment And/Or Assistance From Another Person. Good Human Relations And Verbal Communication Skills. Neat Appearance Since Customer Contact Is Required. Must Meet Qualifications As Outlined In Section 391 Of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Requires Medical Exam In Accordance With Fhwa Or Faa Regulations.
630-10pm sounds like they need a person to load AMJ cans on the PM Sort, then go home. No mention of Shuttle Driver to go to airport. And no absolute guarantee of doing a sweep route in a sprinter. But it is a foot in the door...

So guys, I'm in the Chicagoland area. I recently sold my bread route and I'm just doing side hustle work until I find something I like. I'm trying to decide if I should start sending resumes out or wait for a Fedex job to open up. Even if it's part time I would love to get a foot in the door. For those in the Chicago area, do courier jobs open up frequently here or what? I'd hate to get a job I wasn't thrilled about only to have a Fedex job open up 2 weeks later. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So guys, I'm in the Chicagoland area. I recently sold my bread route and I'm just doing side hustle work until I find something I like. I'm trying to decide if I should start sending resumes out or wait for a Fedex job to open up. Even if it's part time I would love to get a foot in the door. For those in the Chicago area, do courier jobs open up frequently here or what? I'd hate to get a job I wasn't thrilled about only to have a Fedex job open up 2 weeks later. What do you guys think? Thanks!
go for it

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’m not in Chicago but if I had to guess, I’d think they probably have regular openings. Make sure you apply to FedEx Express.