considering wanting to work for UPS as a career

adam12

im 25 and graduating college and hated it and i want to get into the union and i have some questions.
1) how is the part time job and what would my hours be every week?
2) how long will it take me to get from part time to full time?
3) how much will you make as a full timer? i have gotten many answers but does it ranges from 60-80k? and is there a lot of OT?
4) how are the benefits and pension plan?
5) will ups ever dissapear? should i go for it?
6) i currently live in ny and want to transfer to CO can I do that?

imsolazy

1. Im a casual feeder but I think if you work the warehouse its 4 hours a day if they dont force more and if your local has a spine
2. Depends on the senority list
3. I think its $40. Their is a lot of OT sometimes
4. The benefits are great I wouldn't rely on a teamsters pension plan they will claim their is no more money at some point
5. Ya UPS will go down at some point FEDEX ground and amazon do the same job and pay their people less
6. You would have to quit

Box Handler of Dallas

1) Your hours would vary based on what shift you work. Once you make book, you're guaranteed 3.5 BUT you have to ask for it. They are required to either find you work or pay out the guarantee.
2) Depends on your center/seniority list.
3) Depends on what your full time job is going to be. RPCD, 22.4, inside, etc. can have different progressions.
4) Benefits are outstanding. After you've been there 9 months, your benefits kick in. You don't pay a penny for them. Where else can you work part-time and earn a pension? It's an incredible benefit as well.
5) Yes, go for it.
6) You'd be better off moving to CO then starting with UPS. As a part-time employee, you are eligible to transfer for "educational" purposes. Not sure about full-time. You would lose your building seniority, however.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
im 25 and graduating college and hated it and i want to get into the union and i have some questions.
1) how is the part time job and what would my hours be every week?
2) how long will it take me to get from part time to full time?
3) how much will you make as a full timer? i have gotten many answers but does it ranges from 60-80k? and is there a lot of OT?
4) how are the benefits and pension plan?
5) will ups ever dissapear? should i go for it?
6) i currently live in ny and want to transfer to CO can I do that?
Go into management, they’ll hire you right away FT, just have to drive for 3 months during the nice spring/summer in a new 8 cube with a 5 hour dispatch... we need more millennials in management who don’t know sh**

adam12

Ummm its because ege sucked i hated it i want to make good money in the union have a secure job and move the :censored2: away from my family hahaha just answer my questions...

adam12

1. Im a casual feeder but I think if you work the warehouse its 4 hours a day if they dont force more and if your local has a spine
2. Depends on the senority list
3. I think its $40. Their is a lot of OT sometimes
4. The benefits are great I wouldn't rely on a teamsters pension plan they will claim their is no more money at some point
5. Ya UPS will go down at some point FEDEX ground and amazon do the same job and pay their people less
6. You would have to quit
So should i not do it? Should i not apply?

adam12

yeah but what you dont get is its hard with my degree to get something decent and i dint want to go more into debt and im getting to old wtf else would i do?

Start at a location that is part of the western conference pension. 12 of the 13 dark green states. Unfortunately for upsers Colorado is not one of them.

Attachments

• E99416C1-E13C-40E0-B5ED-D3745BB869C5.jpeg
    E99416C1-E13C-40E0-B5ED-D3745BB869C5.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 110

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
yeah but what you dont get is its hard with my degree to get something decent and i dint want to go more into debt and im getting to old wtf else would i do?
Dude. Use your degree. This job is frickin tough. I’m a full time driver and at nights I’m doing night school just to have another option. Some days are good. Most days are not. At 25 you have a ton of options. Just sayin