considering wanting to work for UPS as a career

The Milkman

yeah but what you dont get is its hard with my degree to get something decent and i dint want to go more into debt and im getting to old wtf else would i do?
# 1 you are not old. # 2 I was kicked out of HS in the 11th grade and floated around doing all kind of dead end jobs until I applied at UPS at age 30. # 3 I started work with a couple of other new hires who had went to college and had degrees but they had a hard time finding jobs in their fields and started driving with me. A few made careers at UPS like myself and I retired at 55. Many times over the years I wish I had used my brains instead of my body because it is a physical mentally stressful job. But without a degree to fall back on I was stuck so to speak, but yes it can be done. But make sure you vote for good pension donations into the fund and not in your pocket, as the pay is decent enough to live well with all the O/T you will get if you ever get to be a friend/T driver

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
so. should i go for UPS or no

A05F4473-680B-4E98-9927-2A1E8A192A14.gif

UnionGuy

Since you're graduating with a degree, why don't you consider the military? You can commission as an officer in the Army. In 4 years you'll be making more than a Top rate RPCD. 105k/year. Base Pay + BAH + BAS. The longer you stay in service the more you'll make.

adam12

Since you're graduating with a degree, why don't you consider the military? You can commission as an officer in the Army. In 4 years you'll be making more than a Top rate RPCD. 105k/year. Base Pay + BAH + BAS. The longer you stay in service the more you'll make.
i've thought about that, but don't you have to be very smart to get into the military i'm not that smart

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
im 25 and graduating college and hated it and i want to get into the union and i have some questions.
1) how is the part time job and what would my hours be every week?
2) how long will it take me to get from part time to full time?
3) how much will you make as a full timer? i have gotten many answers but does it ranges from 60-80k? and is there a lot of OT?
4) how are the benefits and pension plan?
5) will ups ever dissapear? should i go for it?
6) i currently live in ny and want to transfer to CO can I do that?

Become a pipe fitter or lineman or heavy machinery operator

UnionGuy

i've thought about that, but don't you have to be very smart to get into the military i'm not that smart
You don't have to be very smart. Although you'll need a GT of 110 to be able to commission. Meaning you have to be good at Arithmetic Reasoning and math

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
im 25 and graduating college and hated it and i want to get into the union and i have some questions.
1) how is the part time job and what would my hours be every week?
2) how long will it take me to get from part time to full time?
3) how much will you make as a full timer? i have gotten many answers but does it ranges from 60-80k? and is there a lot of OT?
4) how are the benefits and pension plan?
5) will ups ever dissapear? should i go for it?
6) i currently live in ny and want to transfer to CO can I do that?
You get the job