Constant schedule changes

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
So I'm almost three years in on driving. Did the Saturdays for almost a year. Been off of them for almost a year. They brought me back to Saturdays for 7 weeks claiming they needed me (despite not gaining or loosing drivers in that period) and this last week I'm back to Monday through Friday. Also for those 7 Saturdays I had the option to go home and most Saturdays there were 2 people that went home. I get in tonight and find out I'm back to Tuesday through Saturday again. Now keep in mind there is a qualified driver sitting at home with his dick in his hand because the hub manager is taking her sweet time in signing off on him for over two weeks now. My question is I feel like this is harassment and for what I don't know. I come in everyday do a solid job and stay off lists and reports. Stay under 9.5 and all that BS that is thrown our way these days. What can I file to bring attention to this? I don't mind rocking the boat and don't care who I piss off. I ask on here because my steward is worthless and might as well be management by this point. Hopefully all of this makes sense and I look forward to the responses serious ones and the ball busting one's.

So I'm almost three years in on driving. Did the Saturdays for almost a year. Been off of them for almost a year. They brought me back to Saturdays for 7 weeks claiming they needed me (despite not gaining or loosing drivers in that period) and this last week I'm back to Monday through Friday. Also for those 7 Saturdays I had the option to go home and most Saturdays there were 2 people that went home. I get in tonight and find out I'm back to Tuesday through Saturday again. Now keep in mind there is a qualified driver sitting at home with his dick in his hand because the hub manager is taking her sweet time in signing off on him for over two weeks now. My question is I feel like this is harassment and for what I don't know. I come in everyday do a solid job and stay off lists and reports. Stay under 9.5 and all that BS that is thrown our way these days. What can I file to bring attention to this? I don't mind rocking the boat and don't care who I piss off. I ask on here because my steward is worthless and might as well be management by this point. Hopefully all of this makes sense and I look forward to the responses serious ones and the ball busting one's.
Don't you have a bid Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday?

Are you full time?

542thruNthru

Good questions. Not a bid driver yet. Too many dinosaurs hanging on who won't retire and yes I am full time.

Doubt there is anything you can do but knowing what supplement/rider you are under would help.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sounds to me like you’re low man on the seniority list.

If so you get what you get

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe.

"Some" people think there is going to be this big influx of 22.4 pkg drivers

straining the contractual limits of the 25%.

That's a lot of new package cars and space.... the company will need.
The contract says all ft non 22.4 drivers will be M-friend within 18 months. No?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Appreciate all the replies. I was just more wondering if it was ok to keep jumping back and forth especially after a year of not needing me at all. It all started when new center manager came in. That's why it struck me as odd and make me think there was more to it than just "we need you" cough cough

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Is there anyone in your building with lower seniority that’s not being forced in on Saturdays? If not, i’d say you’re SOL. Gotta suck it up for now and put your time in, you’ll be back on Mondays eventually.

We actually made a huge issue out of the Saturday staffing in my building. 3 centers in our hub, each one was scheduling drivers on Saturday based on their center’s seniority list, and not building seniority.

Lots of grievances were filed, they came out with a building seniority list and the bottom-most drivers were the ones forced to work Saturdays, regardless whether it was in their own center or another.