contract complete joke no pension raise till 2020 70.cent raise

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
im 32 year full time driver can not retire cause im 54 no medical coverage till we are 55.taylor gets no pension raise till 2020.he post pension of 4300 another big lie.ups in fla 30 years 3400.00 this is 1980 pension not 2018,70 cent raise really 1n 1992 we got .75. 26 years later he gets us 70 cents he is a complete disgrace to teamsters him and hoffa have to go asap vote noooooooooooooo itlooks like are center manger negotiated this contract on our behalf. vote noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jägermeister john ??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And increasing the monthly pension payout each month without adequately increasing company contributions will destroy them even faster.
Mine is funded over 100% right now. I'm sure they are gonna up the payout but I wish they'd hold off and see how we handle another downturn.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Ours was 84.8 in 2015, 82.4 in 2016, 81.1 in 2017 for Local 710. Steadily losing ground. Makes no sense to increase payout if plan continues to fall under 80% and becomes endangered status.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ours was 84.8 in 2015, 82.4 in 2016, 81.1 in 2017 for Local 710. Steadily losing ground. Makes no sense to increase payout if plan continues to fall under 80% and becomes endangered status.

I know a few 710 members that are not happy with the pension. It's been over 20 years since it raised correct?

But I agree can't raise it if it's not funded well

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Exactly correct. How many locals are in endangered status because of continually raising payouts without the proper funding? How many locals funds over the last 5 years has declined each year? This contract did not properly address funding the pension's to an acceptable level.

Thinking outside the box. How would the pension look if you get many more payers in who will never be able to collect?

OOOO, for example create a job that will absolutely destroy the body within 10 to 15 years and make sure there are no protections for the massive number of over worked days that will be mandated with absolutely no protections from. Not 9.5 not 8 hour requests.

Hell we could call this new job a Hybrid and give it a number, say....22.4?

F

Frankie's Friend

I know a few 710 members that are not happy with the pension. It's been over 20 years since it raised correct?

But I agree can't raise it if it's not funded well
Can you post their pension info?
Love to see how bad it is.

F

Frankie's Friend

pension is 3400 30 years have to be 55 to get medical 95 percent funded i have 32 years inage 54 still cant retire vote no on this :censored2: offer.we all need to walk on 1st
You dont get the increases from the TA in the NMA? You in indy area?