contract complete joke no pension raise till 2020 70.cent raise

I'm trying to figure out this proposed $400 a month pension increase since I am at the point where I can retire. Is this spread out over the length of the contract or is it an immediate full $400 increase? I have 23 years vested in Central States and the rest in the IBT/UPS Plan.

A long time ago the CPA doing my taxes said he couldn't believe how bad the CS Plan was with the amount UPS was putting into it. He said we should have been getting a lot more than what it was paying out. I wish we got out of it in '97, I think we were screwed back then.
We all did.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if you are commenting on my post? Local 177 in North Jersey is the local I was talking about, and it would be $400.00 monthly pension increase

I'm in Local 728 in Atlanta and I don't know if Local 177 falls under the same conditions as I do. I can retire this second at $4000 a month plus about another $300 for my part-time years. So I'm trying to figure out if I will get another $400 a month bump if it this new contract goes through as is.

I'm in Local 728 in Atlanta and I don't know if Local 177 falls under the same conditions as I do. I can retire this second at $4000 a month plus about another $300 for my part-time years. So I'm trying to figure out if I will get another $400 a month bump if it this new contract goes through as is.
Doesn't matter. It's not going to pass.

The Milkman

I guess it all depends how your local settles it. I left 10 years ago at 3800, now 177 is hoping for 4500, up from 4100, now mind you, that is in the high tax state of Jersey

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's like saying they are going to cut your oensipe $500 a month. You lived up to your end of the bargain. Don't go all Dennis T on us.
friend Denis.....you call me that again and I’m going to revoke your strike bunker clearance and ID badge....got it

Coldworld

60 months and counting
its possible scratch... was that additional monies they negotiated just for CS plan???

friend Denis.....you call me that again and I’m going to revoke your strike bunker clearance and ID badge....got it
I have very special place in my heart for thise who retired from this :censored2: hole. I don't like seeing them getting the shaft. It's one thing if you raise it a few bucks a year, it's amoanot thing if you double it. Hopefully both of us will get out of here one day, I just want what we was promised.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
its possible scratch... was that additional monies they negotiated just for CS plan???

I have no idea of details, I'm just hearing about some $400 a month pension bump. If its true, its the only thing that would remotely benefit me personally. I'm still going to vote no, I am sick of this company screwing over everybody. Especially the part-timer's pay.

The Milkman

I have very special place in my heart for thise who retired from this :censored2: hole. I don't like seeing them getting the shaft. It's one thing if you raise it a few bucks a year, it's amoanot thing if you double it. Hopefully both of us will get out of here one day, I just want what we was promised.
And that goes for those that came before us!

Dollar Chasing

My favorite part about this entire conversation is where nobody ever mentions where they just straight took away full-time supervisor pensions last year. We’re lucky to have the Union to keep that from happening. Yeah, they get an 8% 401k match, but that’s pennies on the dollar cost compared to giving them a pension.