contract complete joke no pension raise till 2020 70.cent raise

ski or die

Ski or Die
That's why they need to pay out a 13th check instead off raising it. Also we need some pension reform because the plans get penalized if they are over funded.
With 710 negotiating a separate contract and supplement, hopefully they will address the issue of the steadily decline in our fund percentage before it falls below 80% which currently is 81%. Hate to see it follow Central States pension when the time to approach the subject is now under this contract and not kick it down the road for 5 years from now like our Congress continually does with our National Budget and Social Security. At its currently yearly rate of decline we would be in endangered status next year with 4 more years before a new contract to discuss company contributions.

With 710 negotiating a separate contract and supplement, hopefully they will address the issue of the steadily decline in our fund percentage before it falls below 80% which currently is 81%. Hate to see it follow Central States pension when the time to approach the subject is now under this contract and not kick it down the road for 5 years from now like our Congress continually does with our National Budget and Social Security. At its currently yearly rate of decline we would be in endangered status next year with 4 more years before a new contract to discuss company contributions.
You are lucky, many other funds are much worse.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are contributions the issue?

Or companies that never paid in their share?

Is it a ups only pension of multiemployer?

Just curious how it got in this shape. Like why have some managed to stay in good shape and others struggle so much

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are contributions the issue?

Or companies that never paid in their share?

Is it a ups only pension of multiemployer?

Just curious how it got in this shape. Like why have some managed to stay in good shape and others struggle so much
Some of it is based on how diverse the companies in the plan are....some of those plans are made up of almost all trucking and transportation companies....which have mad many individual firms go out of business over the years...

The Milkman

You are lucky, many other funds are much worse.
Gums, talking to an old 177er who wants to hang it up soon, said hoping pension bump goes up another $400.00 per month.. just wondering after the bump, how much would their medical costs per month eat into that raise they are hoping for? Should of never started the ball rolling downhill. These funds need to be funded soundly before any raises to the pension payouts which cannot keep going up at that kind of pace

Gums, talking to an old 177er who wants to hang it up soon, said hoping pension bump goes up another $400.00 per month.. just wondering after the bump, how much would their medical costs per month eat into that raise they are hoping for? Should of never started the ball rolling downhill. These funds need to be funded soundly before any raises to the pension payouts which cannot keep going up at that kind of pace
Exactly. Not sure what to do about the pension but mist are going downhill fast. as far as the healthcare goes, the fund has a ton of cash. We need language that when you retire you are locked into that amount you pay for healthcare. Before the last contecon ours was $50/$100 .Now it's $220/$400.

That's a big hit when you are retired.

The Milkman

Exactly. Not sure what to do about the pension but mist are going downhill fast. as far as the healthcare goes, the fund has a ton of cash. We need language that when you retire you are locked into that amount you pay for healthcare. Before the last contecon ours was $50/$100 .Now it's $220/$400.

I was lucky enough to enjoy the $50.00 per month, the amount told to me when I retired until I was 65,only to see it creep up to $100, then $150. Now on SS so I don't have that problem anymore, however, those small increases nibbled away at my net pension check. So any increases these last 2 contracts and future ones will be needed to pay for your monthly medical benefit which was a give back in my opinion, like trying to walk up a going down escalator, you are just not moving up, just staying in the same place going through the motions

I was lucky enough to enjoy the $50.00 per month, the amount told to me when I retired until I was 65,only to see it creep up to $100, then $150. Now on SS so I don't have that problem anymore, however, those small increases nibbled away at my net pension check. So any increases these last 2 contracts and future ones will be needed to pay for your monthly medical benefit which was a give back in my opinion
Unfortunately everyone is worried about how much of a raise am I going to get. Pension, health-care.... We will worry about that later

Coldworld

60 months and counting

50 bucks a month is unheard of now.... as much as it hurts to have that amount double or triple it is still affordable ... generally speaking..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying to figure out this proposed $400 a month pension increase since I am at the point where I can retire. Is this spread out over the length of the contract or is it an immediate full $400 increase? I have 23 years vested in Central States and the rest in the IBT/UPS Plan.

A long time ago the CPA doing my taxes said he couldn't believe how bad the CS Plan was with the amount UPS was putting into it. He said we should have been getting a lot more than what it was paying out. I wish we got out of it in '97, I think we were screwed back then.

The Milkman

I'm trying to figure out this proposed $400 a month pension increase since I am at the point where I can retire. Is this spread out over the length of the contract or is it an immediate full $400 increase? I have 23 years vested in Central States and the rest in the IBT/UPS Plan.

A long time ago the CPA doing my taxes said he couldn't believe how bad the CS Plan was with the amount UPS was putting into it. He said we should have been getting a lot more than what it was paying out. I wish we got out of it in '97, I think we were screwed back then.
Not sure if you are commenting on my post? Local 177 in North Jersey is the local I was talking about, and it would be $400.00 monthly pension increase