Contract leader O'brien

anHOURover

There is a difference between having a political agenda and trying to unite a group for a contract negotiation. Hour and others are still in campaign mode, lead has moved beyond that. I'm surprised that a person with such highly inflated intelligence like you think you have could see that. I guess I was being "optimistic".
Who am I campaigning for ?
My coworkers. That's who.
I'm going to fight for you also brother so you get something better.
You like to settle on the first subpar offer.
I like to take the final best offer
FACT

Peak Cardboard

I said I WANT MY BIKE BACK
The Boston bully came to me and lied to me. He stole my bike as I was sleeping.
It won't happen again.
I WANT MY BIKE BACK
FACT
Trying to figure out the alliteration/analogy here and I can't quite process it. Perhaps you can talk about what work rules, dollars and cents and pension/healthcare you'd like to see. And have you emailed yet to let SO know how you feel and that you want your bike back? Like I said in the other thread-you should absolutely do that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Trying to figure out the alliteration/analogy here and I can't quite process it. Perhaps you can talk about what work rules, dollars and cents and pension/healthcare you'd like to see. And have you emailed yet to let SO know how you feel and that you want your bike back? Like I said in the other thread-you should absolutely do that.

The bike refers to the healthcare.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
You want something that the Company was not willing to offer. The Company wanted nothing to do with Healthcare from its side. The unknown with ACA made the Company push it toward Taft/Hartley plans(Union plan). You have a protection under the old plan, and the new one being floated through Congress, until 2025 where you won't pay tax (cadillac tax) . If you were under a Company plan, you would start paying that tax next year. It would also tax the Company which would cause less money to be available for us to get. There can be some tweaks made to the existing plan through the trustees to increase the level in some areas of care( like prescription) but overall it is better than almost anything out there. The protection from the tax would still exist unless Congress votes it out.
The problem is a bunch of people have worked at UPS most of their lives and don't know what is happening in the real world.

anHOURover

You want something that the Company was not willing to offer. The Company wanted nothing to do with Healthcare from its side. The unknown with ACA made the Company push it toward Taft/Hartley plans(Union plan). You have a protection under the old plan, and the new one being floated through Congress, until 2025 where you won't pay tax (cadillac tax) . If you were under a Company plan, you would start paying that tax next year. It would also tax the Company which would cause less money to be available for us to get. There can be some tweaks made to the existing plan through the trustees to increase the level in some areas of care( like prescription) but overall it is better than almost anything out there. The protection from the tax would still exist unless Congress votes it out.
The problem is a bunch of people have worked at UPS most of their lives and don't know what is happening in the real world.
Well first of all
The question is who wanted control of the healthcare more ?
Next
All the union had to do was stay true to their words. "Teamcare is identical as your company plan and in some ways better"
THATS A FLAT OUT LIE
it can be identical but that would mean the union would have to use more of OUR money that ups contibutes. It's obvious that the union is using OUR money for reasons other than OUR healthcare.
See my new post about the bosons bully.
HE CANT EVEN BE SUCCESSFULL WITH HIS PENSION FUND!

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Well first of all
Next
All the union had to do was stay true to their words. "Teamcare is identical as your company plan and in some ways better"
THATS A FLAT OUT LIE
it can be identical but that would mean the union would have to use more of OUR money that ups contibutes. It's obvious that the union is using OUR money for reasons other than OUR healthcare.
See my new post about the bosons bully.
HE CANT EVEN BE SUCCESSFULL WITH HIS PENSION FUND!

That's quite an accusation. First, I'm not sure what your Local leadership told you about the Teamcare, but it was told to us that it was a good program that in many ways mirrored the other Plan. The changes would be positive to some and not as good for others depending on what part of the Plan is primarily used. All in all, it is good. I think the Rx is a little less, but given the time they had to get it done, it was a good Plan. The Company dropped the bomb with only a week or two to go in negotiations because they wanted the employees to absorb part of the potential payments and liabilities. Getting the Trustees of Teamcare to come up with a Plan with minimal time and within the rest of their Trust Agreement had to have been a challenge. I'm sure they can make adjustments the next time to make it even better. They have made improvements since the first year as the facts became available to the actuaries.
Second, I would love to know how it is obvious that they are using the money for other things? It would be a violation of the law and the government decree that the Teamsters are under. The investigating officer would love to have that if it were true. I'm sure the many yearly audits would have already uncovered that if any part of that was true. Don't you realize how much medical bills cost? You may look at yours and think nothing costs much. Problem is the guy next to you in the building has a wife or kid with cancer treatments that costs $1 million or Hepatitis that costs even more. UPS pays almost $400 a week for each employee and it is all used for payment of services. The reports are online. Try reading them. Nah.......easier to bitch about something you can't figure out.

Inthegame

Well first of all
Next
THATS A FLAT OUT LIE

And you are an the expert authority in FLAT OUT LIES.
If this illegal diversion is so obvious, how about you point out some examples. Good luck Sherlock.
Every H&W penny contributed on behalf of an employee goes to the respective plan that covers that employee. Those plans are independently audited yearly. If any H&W (or pension) contributions were illegally diverted to the union, someone would be in prison. The number of people, including UPS accounting, necessary to be complicit in such a scheme would make it impossible.
The only money UPS sends to the union are dues dollars from members. That's it.
But go right ahead pal and Vote No on reality.

ezmoney5150

And you are an the expert authority in FLAT OUT LIES.
If this illegal diversion is so obvious, how about you point out some examples. Good luck Sherlock.
Every H&W penny contributed on behalf of an employee goes to the respective plan that covers that employee. Those plans are independently audited yearly. If any H&W (or pension) contributions were illegally diverted to the union, someone would be in prison. The number of people, including UPS accounting, necessary to be complicit in such a scheme would make it impossible.
The only money UPS sends to the union are dues dollars from members. That's it.
But go right ahead pal and Vote No on reality.

You can't argue with ignorance. When you are voting no on something that hasn't been negotiated yet you have been listening to too much Alex Jones and Art Bell.