Contract leader O'brien

LeadBelly

Banned
My faith and respect in Sean's abilities gives him an automatic vote yes. It could change but I doubt it. He will listen and address.
Sean is very accessible and ready to hear what anyone proposes. When it's all said and done people will remember Sean for how well he communicates and reminds the of James R Hoffa, just with an east coast accent. Just talking to my brother for five minutes I'm ready to run into a brick wall for him. Anything he needs, extra effort, extra hours worked I want to help him succeed.

I know he is full of the kind of energy and new ideas that will help us all.

10 Pt

They burned us before they will burn us again. I will not hang with the Boston bully until he brings my bike back that he stole
FACT
Here you go. It's all better now?
IMG_20170309_221953.jpg

Peak Cardboard

FINALLY got a chance to hear SO speak at his own local today (I was visiting a IBT LU25 friend for st Patrick's day celebrations).
During his speech: no less than 4 standing ovations, felt like I was listening to JRH himself, the man is legit the person I wish negotiated MY contract. There is no question in my mind that he's going to take UPS (and ANY other company that tries to screw w his members-he said as much) to task and pull the trigger if necessary. I wish I'd recorded the whole thing-it was the most amazing display of solidarity and unionism I've ever seen. Just unreal-I wasn't sure if it was even possible in this day and age but you guys are in damn good hands and I'll be there with my brothers to help. If everyone could hear O and his e board speak it'd likely make them a better brother or sister. Just amaze balls... blown away.

LeadBelly

Banned
FINALLY got a chance to hear SO speak at his own local today (I was visiting a IBT LU25 friend for st Patrick's day celebrations).
During his speech: no less than 4 standing ovations, felt like I was listening to JRH himself, the man is legit the person I wish negotiated MY contract. There is no question in my mind that he's going to take UPS (and ANY other company that tries to screw w his members-he said as much) to task and pull the trigger if necessary. I wish I'd recorded the whole thing-it was the most amazing display of solidarity and unionism I've ever seen. Just unreal-I wasn't sure if it was even possible in this day and age but you guys are in damn good hands and I'll be there with my brothers to help. If everyone could hear O and his e board speak it'd likely make them a better brother or sister. Just amaze balls... blown away.
He's a very dynamic speaker with a lot of personality, and charisma. The boys and girls in the Boston area and east coast are old school union solidarity. It's actually quite beautiful to see.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That is wonderful and I sincerely hope that you are right, for everybody's sake.

For me however, it is going to take more than a St Patrick's Day Speech on his home turf in Boston to make me a believer.
I am glad that he and others have recognized a need to "reinvent" themselves, but I am not able to ignore the fact that he had a seat at the table in the last contract and that the players have not significantly changed in the interim.

Many of us are in a "wait and see" position, as that is our only choice for hope.
I personally will assist and support anybody who steps up and negotiates a concession-free contract for the first time in decades at UPS.

ezmoney5150

That is wonderful and I sincerely hope that you are right, for everybody's sake.

For me however, it is going to take more than a St Patrick's Day Speech on his home turf in Boston to make me a believer.
I am glad that he and others have recognized a need to "reinvent" themselves, but I am not able to ignore the fact that he had a seat at the table in the last contract and that the players have not significantly changed in the interim.

Many of us are in a "wait and see" position, as that is our only choice for hope.
I personally will assist and support anybody who steps up and negotiates a concession-free contract for the first time in decades at UPS.

Why don't you ask him to get world peace while you're at it. You guys think split wages are a concession. Having the best healthcare of any working man in the USA is a concession. You guys are voting no no matter what.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why don't you ask him to get world peace while you're at it. You guys think split wages are a concession. Having the best healthcare of any working man in the USA is a concession. You guys are voting no no matter what.
.....and you can't see past your nose, or hear what's being said below you.

While I will acquiesce that "concession-free" may have overstated things a bit, I maintain that the last 2 decades worth of contracts have systematically sold out the part timer and the unborn full time employee, piece by piece, brick by brick.

When I started part time in 1986, my hourly rate was twice that of the minimum wage and I got full healthcare benefits after 30 days.
Now in some areas UPS has to pay more than the contractual onus in order to satisfy minimum wage laws and these employees have to wait a year for benefits.
Concession.

When I started driving in 1994, I reached top scale in 24 months, now it's 48.
Back then there was no such thing as split raise, but there was a contract where a "signing bonus" was negotiated in lieu of a raise in a subsequent year.
Both are absolutely concessions!!!

In late 2007 UPS was allowed to withdraw from Central States, marking the beginning of the end for that fund and the PBGC, leaving many Teamsters from UPS and other crafts high and dry.
While many here think this was a good thing, wait until UPS finds a way to weasel out of the guarantee in the present contract, making us like the tens of thousands of UPSer's who retired prior to late 2007 as well many other Teamsters, SOL!!!!
Concession.

Next year, we will incur an unprecedented annual deductible for our already reduced healthcare benefits.
Another concession.

We didn't get what we have over the last hundred years by selling out the future, like we have for the last twenty years.
So again, if Sean O and company want to reinvent themselves and negotiate a fair and equitable contract for all UPSer's, I got there back.

If not, you're damn right, I will vote NO.

anHOURover

Hey brother it's not the best healthcare of any working man.
FACT
Think before you speak or just keep the rooster in there.

FACT

anHOURover

He's a very dynamic speaker with a lot of personality, and charisma. The boys and girls in the Boston area and east coast are old school union solidarity. It's actually quite beautiful to see.
He can do all he wants for charity .
Blah blah blah.
He sold out the rank and file teamsters
FACT

He's a sellout until he produces
FACT

anHOURover

Where was all this toughness and balls last contract ?