Contract leader O'brien

anHOURover

@anHOURover ,
You don't have to turn anything down for me. I have spent the last few months mending fences here because it was the right thing to do. It's just internet chat but people are watching. I don't agree with everyone here on everything and I'm sure the reciprocal is true as well. We're all in different places.
I just think the degrading posting can be curbed and cool heads (and possibly progress) just may prevail in 2018.
I'm going to do the same for the sake of all of us. Thanks brother

anHOURover

Great post @10 Pt and I respect your views. Please know that I will always be open to any debate with you on how to help move our union forward in solidarity together!

Your post would be even more awesome if it had a chance of actually registering in the scab's head... BUT, I quoted two lines from you that I'll address below:

-He's not your brother he's an enemy of our union and a scab. He doesn't deserve the time of day much less the right to be called a brother. Espousing RTW, calling for a no vote with nothing to vote on as well as saying he's going to cause people's raises to be held up are only 3 of the serious anti union things he's spewed from his forked tongue.

-There are quite a few of our brothers (perhaps including yourself?) that disagreed/voted no last contract and they've always been respectful, answered why/how they feel that way and have said they'll keep an open mind moving forward. I've seen firsthand the issues people like that scab can cause and they're not pretty. It once forced my previous local on strike (and nearly got me divorced after 6 months of marriage due to the time I put in on the line supporting my brothers and sisters)
I'm done fighting and my rants are over. I'm sorry to all I offended. I have been treated differently by my local officers because of my opinions and I never liked it. It's not a good feeling and I'm sorry again if I stooped to their level. God bless the teamsters.
We need it

Peak Cardboard

I'm done fighting and my rants are over. I'm sorry to all I offended. I have been treated differently by my local officers because of my opinions and I never liked it. It's not a good feeling and I'm sorry again if I stooped to their level. God bless the teamsters.
We need it
You seriously seriously offended every teamster and trade unionist everywhere with the RTW comments. If you're willing to move it forward, I'll be glad to think about calling you brother again. But you have to realize, the people who promote RTW want to take away EVERYTHING WE HAVE GAINED as union members.
With that out of the way:

I will suggest again that you write down your concerns and proposals in as clear, calm and concise manner possible, send them to SO (without going nuts or attacking anyone-let the past be the past and the future be bright) If you need some help expressing or writing up the ideas you want to get across, I'm sure there's plenty of guys here including myself that are willing to assist and bounce ideas off.

For starters-I've heard repeatedly of the deductible issue.

Perhaps you could begin by writing something to the effect of
Dear VP/Director O'Brien,
As you may know, the last supplement for local 623 was voted down on the basis of healthcare, is there any way that we can start to plan now to try and get that deductible either lowered or eliminated? Our concerns on this issue are ABCXYZ and in addition, we have other issues and ideas (the 4-10's?? Weekends? Sky's the limit!we'd like to try and make sure get addressed so as to put forward a unified front against UPS during the upcoming contract negotiations. etc etc.
Signed
A hour over

10 Pt

Great post @10 Pt and I respect your views. Please know that I will always be open to any debate with you on how to help move our union forward in solidarity together!

Your post would be even more awesome if it had a chance of actually registering in the scab's head... BUT, I quoted two lines from you that I'll address below:

-He's not your brother he's an enemy of our union and a scab. He doesn't deserve the time of day much less the right to be called a brother. Espousing RTW, calling for a no vote with nothing to vote on as well as saying he's going to cause people's raises to be held up are only 3 of the serious anti union things he's spewed from his forked tongue.

-There are quite a few of our brothers (perhaps including yourself?) that disagreed/voted no last contract and they've always been respectful, answered why/how they feel that way and have said they'll keep an open mind moving forward. I've seen firsthand the issues people like that scab can cause and they're not pretty. It once forced my previous local on strike (and nearly got me divorced after 6 months of marriage due to the time I put in on the line supporting my brothers and sisters)
I don't believe that he is a scab. I do believe that he is angry enough to post the RTW senerio just to make a point.
In some locals the leadership is company friendly and not being honest with members. That truly is a frustrating situation to be in especially if you don't have enough UPSers to vote them out.
No matter what anHOURover says I believe that he's spending time on here because he wants better representation, better healthcare, and for his vote not to be shoved down his throat next time.
Let's see what happens in 2018. This is the mature thing to do imo.

Peak Cardboard

I don't believe that he is a scab. I do believe that he is angry enough to post the RTW senerio just to make a point.
In some locals the leadership is company friendly and not being honest with members. That truly is a frustrating situation to be in especially if you don't have enough UPSers to vote them out.
No matter what anHOURover says I believe that he's spending time on here because he wants better representation, better healthcare, and for his vote not to be shoved down his throat next time.
Let's see what happens in 2018. This is the mature thing to do imo.
It is indeed, but the RTW certainly gets my attention and not in a good way. I'm all for helping a brother out here. It is the mature and right thing to do

LeadBelly

Banned
Try it.
My purpose is to not let anyone take the ibts word again. I exposed them sellouts and now everyone here knows they speak nothing but lies. I'll keep exposing the criminal
FACT
Keep doing what you are doing. It makes your cause that much more unattractive. You are actually helping out cause.

LeadBelly

Banned
Brother I will turn the dial down a bit for you
If this last cba was done fairly I would have accepted it and kept it moving. Any other union when a supplement is not passed your local leaders go to the table and they bring back improvements. My leaders never sat at the table and voiced our concern with the concessions. The international also did not care that 90% voted no. Then the unthinkable happens. Impose a contract on thousands that wanted no parts of it. I have every right to be angry. We are all angry. You want me to trust the same people who LIED to the local ? I understand that all are not in our situation. I will tone it down a little but please put our shoes on your feet.
Thanks brother
Please don't dial it down at all. Keep being you. Anyway do you think you'll try to disperse vote no literature in air cans out of the philly air hub again?

LeadBelly

Banned
We need it
So you are taking your ball and going home? What kind of spirt is that. Typical meSter

LeadBelly

Banned
It is indeed, but the RTW certainly gets my attention and not in a good way. I'm all for helping a brother out here. It is the mature and right thing to do
Right to work is a direct Timmy family, way of life , and the union members I call brothers and sister as well as all workers. It's non programmatic non fit for us all. A GOP way to cut all our collective jugular.

anHOURover

Please don't dial it down at all. Keep being you. Anyway do you think you'll try to disperse vote no literature in air cans out of the philly air hub again?
brother i will do whatever it takes if I'm put in that situation again
hopefully the bit goes to the table for the right reasons this time
we can all agree that the process was not right last contract
I'm praying i don't have to go into that MODE again
I'm already dialed down brother until I'm put in that situation again

anHOURover

So you are taking your ball and going home? What kind of spirt is that. Typical meSter
im not going home brother
I'm still here and actively participating
I'm going to give the i b t a chance
i went to church yesterday
i said a prayer that sean does his job this time
i want to see the show without the dog and pony this time

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We need it

If your apology is sincere, in time, fences can be mended.

Just an anecdotal thought;

Your rants and raves are the equivalent of what TDU does.

TDU keeps espousing the belief, that for the Teamsters to survive we need to organize more.

Thats a "tough nut to crack" when anyone with an internet connection can google....

And see the vast quantities of public information available.

Constant negativity hurts us.

Do you think someone working at a company (wishing they had a Union) is going

to be motivated to encourage their fellow workers to join us ??

The answer is no.

They run.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.

But.... you have to think of it, in terms of "cause and effect".

Is it really helping ??

-Bug-

LeadBelly

Banned
I disagree. Deductibles force us to become smarter medical consumers thus ensuring our healthcare funds are able to serve all of our members.
Maybe so, but there are a lot of members who feel very jaded about this subject. You don't represent the whole demographics of the Teamsters union. I appreciate your ideas though.

LeadBelly

Banned
im not going home brother
I'm still here and actively participating
I'm going to give the i b t a chance
i went to church yesterday
i said a prayer that sean does his job this time
i want to see the show without the dog and pony this time
I prayed that you would take your meds. Praise the Lord.

LeadBelly

Banned
brother i will do whatever it takes if I'm put in that situation again
hopefully the bit goes to the table for the right reasons this time
we can all agree that the process was not right last contract
I'm praying i don't have to go into that MODE again
I'm already dialed down brother until I'm put in that situation again
It sounds as if you are mellowing out. We'll see

LeadBelly

Banned
I visited the va last week and got my meds
I may have to stop being stubborn and call Teamcare to get a new card issued.
Dude if you need help just ask. We all ave some kind of issues. I don't know what makes you tick nor what fuels you. I grew up rough. I was foster for a while as a kid and was in an abusive childhood that still makes me check almost every room to see who is coming in and who could harm me. We all have a story. This stuff makes me feel superhuman a lot of the time but sometimes I need to take a step back. One thing I would never do is blame the Teamsters because of these things. I look at the teamsters and what they've done for me and my family and I want to get involved and make it better. Guess what? I am. I have joked with you in the past and belittled you but in all actuality I'll like to welcome you to Teamcare and some sort of clousure. I can honestly tell you the medical has gotten better for you who had the company plan and will continue to be more enhanced. Let's start some dialogue and see if we can help the Teamsters. If you can allegedly fail 18 supplements, just imagine what you could do if you tried to help people in a positive way to save them money and help their families.