Contract Prediction

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

What will happen after July 31, 2018?

• We will have a new national contract but local supplements are still being worked out?

• We will have a new national contract and new local supplements everywhere!

• We will be working under the old contract for a year or longer! - no on the national/locals

• We will be working under the old contract for six months to a year!- no on the national/locals

• We will be working under the old contract for six months or less! - no on the national/locals

• We will be on a national strike!

• We will be locked out by the company!

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Correcto

god is dead
Talked to a DHL driver today. They are at $30/hr with $1 yearly raises for 5 years. Progression is 3 years at DHL. Also, DHL is hiring drivers in bunches.
That dude is lying. I tried to find that and there’s nada to back it up. Like 50,000 yearly was the high end with tractor trailer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It appears that in 10 years you'd need to make $46.33 just to keep the buying power you have today. So $.75 per year for 10 years puts you at $43.69.
It appears, you have NOT only received any raise, but you have lost $.86 cents in 10 years. Don't go bragging to your neighbors about that screwing your taking. I'm sure upper management will be having a good laugh at that raise you think your getting, and with good reason.
Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

When you type $.86 you do not need to add the word cents.

twoweeled

View attachment 189395
Looks like a late 60's Greeves, old British MX bike w/ leading link suspension. I raced a Montesa 125 back then.
I was thinking Greeves myself. If you had a Montesa 125 as a kid, then your family had money! That pic above, has a bit of resemblance to the Yamaha Enduros back then. Gas tank, engine case, hubs, seat (a little bit) cylinder, pipe fenders and high center of gravity frame. I thought the Montessa's had a low center of gravity - except for their Trials bikes.

twoweeled

the solution to adding more cars is to pull out the rollers and park down the center asile. We had preload wrapping past 9:30 last they tried that.
What percentage do you estimate, they were able to add? If you have 100 cars, were they able to add at lease 15? Did it go fairly smooth?

twoweeled

the fail, is finding people that will work at the same level as current drivers
They can't find people off the street to work as efficient as drivers. but with sometime, they'll get better. Till then, they'd have to cut the workload in almost half per driver, to get the packages delivered and PU done. I don't think the buildings could do that. Sups could get a car done, but there isn't enough sup and managers. They cut them back too! LOL. I think it would be Chaos, for almost a month. Customers are not going to put up with that for a month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had our union meeting today and our BA, who is a former driver, hung around afterward to update us on the contract negotiations.

He is confident that we will have an agreement in place at least a month early.

PT wages will be addressed.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We had our union meeting today and our BA, who is a former driver, hung around afterward to update us on the contract negotiations.

He is confident that we will have an agreement in place at least a month early.

PT wages will be addressed.

The point with PT wages is how it's interpreted by UPS.
If the states and government mandate a minimum wage higher than UPS's former, does UPS bargain it ???

Why would the Teamster's bargain for higher PT wages when the Gov't forced it on UPS ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the states and government mandate a minimum wage higher than UPS's former, does UPS bargain it ???

Why would the Teamster's bargain for higher PT wages when the Gov't forced it on UPS ?

PT wages will be addressed in an effort to eliminate the rampant staffing shortages.

PT Car Washer

You truly are a real piece of work.