Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

govols019

You smell that?
[/QUOTE]
Or use the definition of accrual ... I'm trying to respect you but it's hard.

Definition - Accrual Accrual - Wikipedia
Business world application - Accounting method that records revenues and expenses when they are incurred, regardless of when cash is exchanged. The term "accrual" refers to any individual entry recording revenue or expense in the absence of a cash transaction.

Contract language application - I'll leave that to you since that is your reality.

Definition of accrue
accrued

;
accruing
  1. intransitive verb
  2. 1: to come into existence as a legally enforceable claim

3. 2a : to come about as a natural growth, increase, or advantage the wisdom that accrueswith ageb : to come as a direct result of some state or actionrewards due to the feminine will accrue to me — Germaine Greer

4. 3: to accumulate or be added periodically interestaccrues on a daily basis

5. transitive verb
  6. : to accumulate or have due after a period of time accruevacation time

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Definition of accrue
accrued

;
accruing
  1. intransitive verb
  2. 1: to come into existence as a legally enforceable claim

3. 2a : to come about as a natural growth, increase, or advantage the wisdom that accrueswith ageb : to come as a direct result of some state or actionrewards due to the feminine will accrue to me — Germaine Greer

4. 3: to accumulate or be added periodically interestaccrues on a daily basis

5. transitive verb
  6. : to accumulate or have due after a period of time accruevacation time
Yep ... #6 which I researched and consequently agreed with whomever it was I was jousting/bickering.

upschuck

What about getting them to lower that penalty? Anything 25-29 years 3% under 25 is 6%. I work with a few who are close to 25 or close to 30. I'm in central states btw.
There is no penalty for YOS Method, and they do have 25 and out. You can't get HC though, until 57. The penalty is for the Accrual Method.

Inthegame

Hmmm...
It's an Accounting term.
Maybe appropriated by Contract users but it means to set aside funds for future expenditures.

It's a somewhat similar concept so I accept your def although worded a bit weirdly and not exactly grammatically correct.
Or use the definition of accrual

Definition - Accrual Accrual - Wikipedia
Business world application - Accounting method that records revenues and expenses when they are incurred, regardless of when cash is exchanged. The term "accrual" refers to any individual entry recording revenue or expense in the absence of a cash transaction.

Definition of accrue
accrued

;
accruing

1. transitive verb
  2. : to accumulate or have due after a period of time accrue vacation time
[/QUOTE]
In pension applications the transitive verb definition is the most accurate as accrue means no more than "building" a future obligation.

upschuck

One thing that I'd like to see addressed that got changed last contract, is that those drivers that get dq'd because of an ADA thing, that those get FT jobs, instead of PT jobs. This could happen to any driver out there, and we have had several here on BC that were forced into PT positions, if they wanted a job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're not really trusted by a lot of posters. You can only change that. You can't just expect people to automatically respect you after your period is over.
I'll keep that in mind if I ever look for respect.
I generally only care about respect from family and friends and not too many of those.

brownelf

The 4yr progression for FT drivers should be reduced to 1yr for PT employees with more than 4yrs seniority. You shouldn't have to go thru wage progression more than once, off the street hires follow current progression language.

The 4yr progression for FT drivers should be reduced to 1yr for PT employees with more than 4yrs seniority. You shouldn't have to go thru wage progression more than once, off the street hires follow current progression language.
FT and PT progression should be reduced to 90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.