Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So, what are these issues?

Or is it some kind of secret

Like past negotiations

Members have voiced their thoughts and concerns in this thread.

The true test, will be will be when the members attend their Locals'

meeting and put the issues and priorities on paper.

Nothing secretive about that.

-Bug-

hyena

Members have voiced their thoughts and concerns in this thread.

The true test, will be will be when the members attend their Locals'

meeting and put the issues and priorities on paper.

Nothing secretive about that.

-Bug-
Some people just don't get that it's up to us. We put in the proposals to the IBT and they negotiate on our behalf. I'm curious to know how many of the members were actually involved with proposals the last contract? The National passed and the majority rule. I wonder how many people just voted and didn't read everything or just went by hearsay? People have to get involved.

Some people just don't get that it's up to us. We put in the proposals to the IBT and they negotiate on our behalf. I'm curious to know how many of the members were actually involved with proposals the last contract? The National passed and the majority rule. I wonder how many people just voted and didn't read everything or just went by hearsay? People have to get involved.
It barely passed and the voter turnout was terrible.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Couldn't have said it any better.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
20% show interest.
20% of that involvement.
20% of that submitted proposals.
So not many.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It hasn't always been that way in the past, so don't be surprised when people still show a degree of cynicism.

Many of us feel that our voices weren't heard in the previous contract, neither before or after.
The word "imposed" still stings as it rings in our ears.

Many of us are going to participate, watch, and see if this time is different?
I hope it is, but am not as convinced as you that "it is up to us".

Status
Not open for further replies.