Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over disciplined0123

Realistically we will be losing :censored2:. I do agree that the part time starting rate should increase when I started 28 years ago it was 9.00 an hour almost the same. I can tell you if they did raise to 15 then the would be no healthcare for the part timers . Mabey offer a choice of either staring at 15 a hour with no healthcare or 10 a hour with healthcare. Lol. I'm sure next contract will be same way we won't find out nothing about it until it's already signed it and voted on

Over disciplined0123

Realistically we will be losing :censored2:. I do agree that the part time starting rate should increase when I started 28 years ago it was 9.00 an hour almost the same. I can tell you if they did raise to 15 then the would be no healthcare for the part timers . Mabey offer a choice of either staring at 15 a hour with no healthcare or 10 a hour with healthcare. Lol. I'm sure next contract will be same way we won't find out nothing about it until it's already signed it and voted on
I remember how we didn't find out about having to work The day after Thanksgiving until two months after contract was signed and voted on seems like we don't have a voice at all we are just puppets on a string

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They could get 15 an hour and healthcare....they could make these part timer jobs full time and cut out one healthcare package right there...ups is probably one of the biggest companies out there that exploits part time jobs....fact. I know some people want part time but there are many they could, and would easily be able to make into full time work...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The IBT will never entertain the notion of part timers not receiving healthcare, for one simple reason, they need those contributions to keep the fund manageable.
Were they to allow the part timers to choose, (and they would choose the money in great numbers) where do you think our new unprecedented annual deductible that we will be paying next year would end up being?

It would certainly be much more than the $200/400 we will be paying next year.

The IBT won't entertain it, because it wouldn't pass, and if it did, it would cost the old guard the next election.

The IBT will never entertain the notion of part timers not receiving healthcare, for one simple reason, they need those contributions to keep the fund manageable.
Were they to allow the part timers to choose, (and they would choose the money in great numbers) where do you think our new unprecedented annual deductible that we will be paying next year would end up being?

The IBT won't entertain it, because it wouldn't pass, and if it did, it would cost the old guard the next election.
And the IBT definitely doesn't want to lose control of that money.

anHOURover

when can i get my job loss insurance ? am i going to have to show up at the TDU convention to visit your table?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
when can i get my job loss insurance ? am i going to have to show up at the TDU convention to visit your table?
When you can go four years without getting yourself fired, someone can write you a policy.
We won't hold our breath.

Only been to the TDU Convention twice, in 2011-12.
Thats where I first met you.
What happened to you and TDU?
They usually love guys like you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When you can go four years without getting yourself fired, someone can write you a policy.
We won't hold our breath.

Only been to the TDU Convention twice, in 2011-12.
Thats where I first met you.
What happened to you and TDU?
They usually love guys like you.
I doubt he is tdu.... I think his heart is in the right place and would have no doubt he hates mgt as much as the next guy and would do what it takes to help a fellow employee.... but he needs to get his priorities straight and focus his energy better....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We do need a clearer tattoo policy.

Making guys wear long sleeves and pants when it's 90° isn't a part of "cool solutions"
We have soMe drivers who wear full tattoo sleeves and don't have to cover then have some new drivers who have one small one on their leg and they have to cover.... as long as you don't have face tattoos or fu or nazi ss lighting bolts on your forearms I don't understand the obsession with a tattoo policy... I have seen some pretty sloppy drivers who nave no tattoos and also soMe dudes with tattoos who look like David Beckham.... pretty boys...

We have soMe drivers who wear full tattoo sleeves and don't have to cover then have some new drivers who have one small one on their leg and they have to cover.... as long as you don't have face tattoos or fu or nazi ss lighting bolts on your forearms I don't understand the obsession with a tattoo policy... I have seen some pretty sloppy drivers who nave no tattoos and also soMe dudes with tattoos who look like David Beckham.... pretty boys...
The policy is different at every center. Our DAM is a prick. He won't let the guys wear sleeves or cover up makeup.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree. We just need a letter of understanding.
But Ups would feel this would be giving away the farm and would think that we would want beards after we got tattoo policy put into place... that's how these guys think...no customer would give a sht if a driver had tattoos....or even a clean looking beard... always focusing on the wrong stuff

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I doubt he is tdu....
I doubt he is now, but he certainly was TDU, all the way.
I met him at a TDU Convention, when I was selling job insurance at the table he fondly references.
Curiously, but not surprisingly, he seems to have had a falling out.
I think his heart is in the right place and would have no doubt he hates mgt as much as the next guy and would do what it takes to help a fellow employee....
I couldn't disagree more.
He's all about himself and nobody else.
He will only help if it furthers his own self perception.

See, real veterans don't feel a need to prove their service to anybody, yet he posts a picture from the second week of basic training as proof to people he need not prove anything to.
I'm willing to bet, if he even made it out of basic training, that he received something other than an honorable discharge.

Same goes for his constant assertion that he is the genesis of the Vote No movement, even though we all know it is not a fact.
This insistence clearly outlines his delusional and ego-maniacal tendencies.
but he needs to get his priorities straight and focus his energy better....
He likely never will, without the help of modern chemistry, because in his world the sky isn't blue and he's responsible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.