Contract update letter from Teamster

over9five

Staff member
What pisses me off is that there are already thousands under the teamsters health plan. So why should they get a say on whether those under the current UPS healthcare plan get moved to the teamster plan??

It doesn't affect them one way or another.

Excellent observation, and that is why the TA will get the YES vote.

That suck-ass TA has nothing bad in it for me, cuz we have our own superior pension plan AND our own Teamster health plan.

That was the plan all along.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yes Don we get it. But you fail the true cost of a raise. Do you know how much money is spent for just a 1 cent raise? It's about $2,400 an hour. Nothing right? Chump change right! For a 70 cent raise, your talking $168,000.00 a hour. AN HOUR. Still nothing to UPS right? Well let's say that everyone was a part timer getting the guaranteed 17.5 hours a week. That's $2,940,00.00 A WEEK. A WEEK. How many weeks in a year? That's right! Good job Don, 52 weeks!! That's what? Hold on, wait for it, wait.....
$152,880,000 a year.
But is everyone a PTer? No! So do some work and include FT hours, OT, vacation, holiday pay, effect on stock, market share, etc....
It's not as easy as saying,"They made 4 BILLION with a B!"
Unlike you, I want UPS around for a long time.

Translation:

"I'm not a PT'er anymore and now making the big bucks. I don't give a flying **** that they're getting shafted with this TA."

You're a POS.

See that big red number that Stink219 has in his post.
That's how much UPS is paying extra for part timers starting August 1st working 17.5 hours a week

Sorry, I sacrificed at Part Time for years and became a driver. I did it working 2 other part time jobs and so can everyone else. I didn't cry then or am I crying now !!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What pisses me off is that there are already thousands under the teamsters health plan. So why should they get a say on whether those under the current UPS healthcare plan get moved to the teamster plan?? It doesn't affect them one way or another.

What about the current members of CS health plan who will see their benefits remain unchanged while new members would get enhanced benefits? Why should they have a say in the matter?

The healthcare is but one part of the new tentative agreement.

stink219

What pisses me off is that there are already thousands under the teamsters health plan. So why should they get a say on whether those under the current UPS healthcare plan get moved to the teamster plan??

It doesn't affect them one way or another.
I think your right!! On 2 issues, 1) the health care should be supplemental. And 2) Everyone should Drink Craft Beer!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Hoffa's 3 musketeers, Stink, Heffernan and UpstateNYUPSer. Only thing is they got a different saying from the original. "One for all and all for me."
And Heffernan, I know the story of the goose. You are the one missing the point :censored2:. My point was that no matter what, I didn't want to kill or hurt the goose. But with 4.38 Billion in profits, they could do more for those that make it for them. Maybe you need to slow down and read the posts before criticizing them. Also, most of us have paid our time in the part-time ranks, you just seem to not give a sh!+ about them anymore.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Part timers get the same raises I do and a pension and better healthcare than anyone in the world clocking in for 3.5 hours a day

Go kill your golden goose !
I never though I would see someone on here more pompous, arogant and just a friend-ing jerk like I see now. Heffernan beats Stink hands down. Jerk of the year to you Heff.

Drink Craft Beer

That's how much UPS is paying extra for part timers starting August 1st working 17.5 hours a week

Sorry, I sacrificed at Part Time for years and became a driver. I did it working 2 other part time jobs and so can everyone else. I didn't cry then or am I crying now !!!

No it's not. He used a hypothetical question as an example to come to that conclusion.

Yes, you are crying. You're crying by posting extreme fallacy's as a scare tactic for others to see on what would happen if there was a strike if they don't vote yes.

Drink Craft Beer

What about the current members of CS health plan who will see their benefits remain unchanged while new members would get enhanced benefits? Why should they have a say in the matter?

The healthcare is but one part of the new tentative agreement.

You'll have to elaborate on the first part

But a very big part for PT'ers who get less than 19hrs a week + dues every month. Not everyone lives near a CVS and want to **** with mail order prescriptions. Didn't mind sending receipts in for reinbursemant before becasue I got scripts in hand. Don't trust mail order to get what I need.

stink219

Part timers get the same raises I do and a pension and better healthcare than anyone in the world clocking in for 3.5 hours a day

Go kill your golden goose !
I never though I would see someone on here more pompous, arogant and just a friend-ing jerk like I see now. Heffernan beats Stink hands down. Jerk of the year to you Heff.
WHAT!??? I am not your #1 anymore? This is BULLSHEET!!! You can't just walk away from me!! I won't be ignored realbrown!

The baker's union screwed Hostess, not the Teamsters
My second sentence was Hostess was screwed by a different union
What screwed hostess was bad planning over the years. The investors got sick and tired of putting money into a lemon. That was the same thing with GM without investors. Company's liquidate them self's out or go bankrupt to get what is left of the waste. UPS is a strong company. As long as it has less outside investors then employes investing then we are good. Management learned there less going public. The other good thing is the investors need UPSes serves. FedEx can't compete with it. FedEx will never be as strong if they don't pay their employees well. In this business UPS does well because we work are basses off. We do that for the big three, Pay, benefits and Pension. With out that then UPS is going to go down hill.

Heffer,

In any negotiations, there will be winners and losers. Should this T.A. get voted down, which "I" would like to see, UPS and the Teamsters will have to meet again and see where the agreement failed. There is really just two issues that need to be addressed. Part time progression being extended another year costing them over $11000.00 when they go to full time and those in UPS health care plans being shoved into teamcare plans.

There are other issues to discuss, but they seem minor compared to these two.

9.5 is weaker than before. Ultility drivers and cover drivers are NOT covered in this new language. What needs to be written and agreed to is really simple. ie:

"ALL REGULAR ROUTE DRIVERS SHALL BE ON THE 9.5 list begining January 1st of every year unless they OPT OUT of the 9.5 list at any time during the year. ONCE A DRIVER OPTS out of the 9.5 list, he/she shall remain off the 9.5 list for a period of 6 months ( excluding november/december )" "After 6 months, a driver may return to the 9.5 list ( excluding november/december)

"If a driver is violated after january 1st while on the 9.5 list, then the rate of pay shall be triple time for all hours over 9.5 hours for the day violated. This pay shall be automatic and paid weekly. There shall be no disqualifiers from being violated."

"Utility/cover drivers shall be allowed to OPT into the 9.5 list for 6 months out of the year ( excluding november/december )"

"The company shall maintain a reasonable workforce to handle all work hours available and shall not use supervisors to supplement the workforce"

"Cover/Vacation drivers can be used to assist in maintaining 9.5 conformity"

This would put some teeth into unnecessary overtime. The company would have no choice but to plan and comply. With pay being automatic, there will be no need for hearings, panels, meetings or arbitrations. Nothing would fix the overtime problem better than this. What is proposed doesnt solve the problem, it EXTENDS it for months if not a year. This does not help the drivers, this only hurts them. Why do they need to prove anything in panels and hearings? Isnt the time card good enough? If you are on the 9.5 list, then for the week you would work 47.5 hours. Pretty simple math. If you work 57.5 hours, then the pay would look like this:

40 at straight time
7.5 at time and one half
10 at triple time

Then, if UPS doesnt like paying out that kind of money, they can then address the center manager who is suppose to be managing hours.

Currently, the company can violate a driver, then hold out in panels, hearings and discussions for MONTHS on end, and then finally, get to arbitration where they still are a 50/50 bet. How did this solve the problem? This "NEW" language is weak and worthless.

As for your point that the company will lose customers and people will get fired, well, thats the pain of bad negotiations. UPS isnt going to be number 2 to anyone in the future. FEDEX couldnt carry our shorts if we went on strike, and that was proven in 97. They are still a nickel and dime operation compared to UPS.

If any employees are to be laid off because of a strike when its over, then I hope that you go first Heffer. I am sure nobody would miss you.

Peace

TOS
Do you know why they dead lock at the panels with the 9.5s. The drivers are not beating them on their OJSes. Two centers in my bldg. ( mine is one ) have been to 2 panels. I have been payed out on all my 9.5s in those two years, and when the company wouldn't hire someone to replace someone. My center replaced all the drivers that left. Because we kept winning at the panel. Most of are Ojses where below the stop count or we where over what we would do with out management on the car.

Inthegame

We are having our contract meeting next Saturday. My daughter and son in law will be in town for a wedding and have asked me to babysit their dog so I won't be going to the meeting. The letter that they sent did indicate that the FTers will be voting to divert $.35 of our $,70 raise to the pension. I would like to be there for that part.
Bring the dog to the meeting. Even the dog would vote yes.

You have "I'm single and miserable" written all over your posts.

This is my first post on this thread, but I cant help but notice you're always posting that PTers don't deserve anything. Go friend yourself!!!

You're so much better than all of us since you've become full-time Hefferman.

Yeah, Hoffa and hall are gonna make it worse than what genius? Explain.... Pay us less than minimum wage? It's 9.50 for minimum wage in my state now bud!!!

You actually think UPS did part-timers a favor by "raising" starting wage?
You need a drug test! Minimum wage will be more than 8.50 in a lot of states by the end of this contract.
Yeah, Hefferman, there will be a huge line of people knocking down the door to work at UPS for less than minimum wage once Hall and Hoffa "screw us into the next decade". Genius.

I'm not complaining about wages either. I'll be making a lot after this contract.

I worked over 55 hours a week for over 8 years, so please save your next comment genius.
I am a FTer never Pt. Came off the street. You guys deserve more. You guys make less then a third of what we make. That blows. I'll fight for you guys. That is one of the reasons it is a no for me.

Excellent observation, and that is why the TA will get the YES vote.

That suck-ass TA has nothing bad in it for me, cuz we have our own superior pension plan AND our own Teamster health plan.

That was the plan all along.
They are try to break us up as a union. When they are done with us the are going after your sweat bass pension and health plan, so good luck cause if this gets past you will never get a no vote on your future contract to help you from the no voters on this contract.

You guys have no idea how big this company is. My BA told me that the company didn't like the locals disagree with hall on the healthcare. Some of them didn't want to go into CS states. They offered them the same c plan but enhanced. They said no. They then offered to but $629,000,000 to sweeten the pot. They still said no. Then they came up with a solution. The locals that disagreed have until November 1st to found their own teamster plan. The point I'm getting to is the company was going to put in 2/3 of a billon dollars to sweeten The pot just to put them into a non company plan. They are going to make so much money by take us off company plans. They would have given us more if IBT fought it out more. They have 7 billon dollars floating around. This company is smart. If it get's voted down they will give more because they can afford it. If you think the company is going under you are crazy. FedEx is not going to handle this load. Lets say customers do jump ship. FedEx has the intentions of taking the load. Then the customers start saying why aren't my packages not getting there fast enough. Then where is my package mr. FedEx. Why is it lost. How come you don't have a track service like UPS. Then they will say we need UPS. The government will say we need UPS. Please give what your employees what. They aren't asking for much. This has happened before. It could happen again. UPS doesn't want it to happen. So let's be smart here. When you buy a car you don't take the first offer. Just vote no to see if something could be better. You might be surprised.