Conveyor accident at UPS

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have had supervisors NOT follow conveyer securing. I secured a belt and a supervisor unsecured it. I shrugged it off once.

I yell at everyone that is stupid around these belts, I have been sucked in (was being stupid!), it's not a pleasant feeling.
In these incident the Manager over these Supervisors IMO should be fired.

If you would please share the details of the conveyor accident that you described.

How were you sucked in?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Getting particulars other than quick blurbs that IMO are meant to focus the blame on the worker are not easy to come by when conveyor accidents happen.

In the past I have been significantly discouraged by management from seeking too much detail when trying to find out what exactly took place that resulted in conveyor accidents.
d7GVK0mA8Vwy.gif

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Bet that didn’t slow down production one bit. Throw some tape around the mess and get back at it. We almost had an accident last week with a contractor driving his truck like a mad man, came up the wrong way passed the twenty signs telling you to stop and turn around and almost plowed right into a PC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Bet that didn’t slow down production one bit. Throw some tape around the mess and get back at it. We almost had an accident last week with a contractor driving his truck like a mad man, came up the wrong way passed the twenty signs telling you to stop and turn around and almost plowed right into a PC.

Did you report this?

Package Stick

"Send it."
In these incident the Manager over these Supervisors IMO should be fired.

If you would please share the details of the conveyor accident that you described.

How were you sucked in?
Sweeping stuff off the unload belt with the estop on, coworker "pushes" the belt in turning it on, I reach for moving packages and my arm gets sucked into the transfer plate. Pretty stupid of me to reach by the transfer plate.

I really think you shouldn't be able to move the extendo belt if an estop is engaged, that would've prevented my arm from getting sucked in.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Traumatic brain injury, a shoulder injury, broken ribs and a broken spine eventually took the young man’s life.

Sounds like he was rolled up like a cigar?

I've seen some videos on LiveLeak from China, of people getting caught up

in machinery.... their bodies just get pulverized.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I've seen some videos on LiveLeak from China, of people getting caught up

in machinery.... their bodies just get pulverized.
Nothing new for farmers. Here we had a young boy get his shirt stuck in a conveyor auger and corkscrewed his body into the conveyor system. He lived but his arms were torn off.

We all take a lot for granted whether it's behind the wheel of a vehicle or working around machinery.

Last edited:

Justaloader

Nothing new for farmers. Here we had a young boy get his shirt stuck in a conveyor auger and corkscrewed his body into the conveyor system. He lived but his arms were torn off.

We all take a lot for granted whether it's behind the wheel of a vehicle or working around machinery.

Older farm equipment is no joke. I've seen my fair share of PTO mishaps - stuff that will never fade from my minds eye. Never take safety for granted when working around machines. Literally one second of in-attention can have fatal consequences.

My heart goes out to this young man's family, especially the sister mentioned in the article. I have a sister who is 10 years younger than I am, and we are very close. I can't imagine receiving a phone call like the one the young lady in this article received. It would be devastating, to say the least.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Older farm equipment is no joke. I've seen my fair share of PTO mishaps - stuff that will never fade from my minds eye. Never take safety for granted when working around machines. Literally one second of in-attention can have fatal consequences.

My heart goes out to this young man's family, especially the sister mentioned in the article. I have a sister who is 10 years younger than I am, and we are very close. I can't imagine receiving a phone call like the one the young lady in this article received. It would be devastating, to say the least.
Agreed.