Conveyor accident at UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
I've seen some videos on LiveLeak from China, of people getting caught up

in machinery.... their bodies just get pulverized.
LiveLeak- another website that has gone soft over the last 5 years. You used to be able to see all kinds of stuff on there but not so much anymore. The internet isn’t the wild Wild West it once was. It was way more fun 10 years ago.

Justaloader

LiveLeak- another website that has gone soft over the last 5 years. You used to be able to see all kinds of stuff on there but not so much anymore. The internet isn’t the wild Wild West it once was. It was way more fun 10 years ago.

Lol I remember sites like Ogrish.com (not for the feint of heart). You can always browse the dark net....but that comes with it's risks as well. User beware....

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol I remember sites like Ogrish.com (not for the feint of heart). You can always browse the dark net....but that comes with it's risks as well. User beware....
Bestgore.com still has some interesting stuff although all their original old gory stuff has been either deleted or censored due to some lawsuit. I have a friend who’s job is keeping hundreds of computers at 3 different sites around the country virus free so I’m not afraid to go on sites a normal person probably wouldn’t. He cleans my PC out whenever I call him. I’ve never had a problem that he couldn’t solve in the 21 years I had a PC. Friends like him are worth their weight in gold.

Utility81

Probably didn’t lock out/tag out. Went to work on the belt, someone came along and didn’t know because it wasn’t properly locked out and threw the switch.
I was walking out today and this is in a newer modernized hub. I glanced down as I was taking a corner to see this big gear turning on a belt with no guard or cage around it. All I could think about was this recent story of the guy being killed. Luckily, I had on my 4 layers of clothing plus my yard safety vest. Nothing that could get snagged in this gear and pull me to a peaceful happiness away from this place.

Fenris

I was walking out today and this is in a newer modernized hub. I glanced down as I was taking a corner to see this big gear turning on a belt with no guard or cage around it. All I could think about was this recent story of the guy being killed. Luckily, I had on my 4 layers of clothing plus my yard safety vest. Nothing that could get snagged in this gear and pull me to a peaceful happiness away from this place.

Did you report it so that it could be guarded?

barnyard

KTM rider
My uncle was unloading a hayrack at my grandparents' farm. His pants got caught in a pto knuckle, flipped him over and his pants ripped off of him. Had he been wearing newer pants, he would have been killed. No injuries, just scared the crap out of him and everyone nearby. It happens in the blink of an eye. My heart goes out to the victim's family, particularly the family that had to identify the body.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Bestgore.com still has some interesting stuff although all their original old gory stuff has been either deleted or censored due to some lawsuit. I have a friend who’s job is keeping hundreds of computers at 3 different sites around the country virus free so I’m not afraid to go on sites a normal person probably wouldn’t. He cleans my PC out whenever I call him. I’ve never had a problem that he couldn’t solve in the 21 years I had a PC. Friends like him are worth their weight in gold.
Rotten.com was my go to in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They never explained what actually happened to our deceased coworker Andy in the Lexington Kentucky conveyor fatality.

And they never will.

But, they received 2 OSHA citations, which they are currently contesting, for the control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout).

The conveyor was not locked out, or not properly locked out, resulting in the enployee being sucked into the conveyor system and crushed.

We may never know if he was working on a live conveyor, or if someone else started it because he did not have it locked out.

But, the citations from OSHA indicate that the conveyor should have been locked out for the work he was performing.

Brotherrr

How about "Faces of Death" ?
I went to a midnight screening of Faces of Death 4, and if you made it thru, they gave you a certificate that "you survived". I remember going in the movie theatre bathroom and someone had actually vomited in the sink. That was more horrifying than the actual movie. Though the screwdriver in the head was pretty gross, the most disturbing scene to me was the bodies being cremated. Which was probably one of the few real parts of that movie. At the time (I was about 13 years old), I thought it was all legit actual deaths caught on film. The doctor (was it Dr. Frances Gross?) singing the theme song was pretty funny.
I do not wish to make light of this young man's death though; I do feel terribly for him and his family and friends. But I got hit with nostalgia when I saw this reply.