Corona Related Changes

quad decade guy

My sleeper run goes to LA and NY City. I've asked about it. I just get blank stares and business as

usual. I thought we might get extra hand sanitizer sitting around the office and such. Nope. I asked

a few pkg drivers about any comm. from mgt. or how it's going out there....just shrugs. Mostly

being locked out of medical type places-elderly etc. Driver release and go. I believe they will close

UPS or work us to death....yes pun intended. They don't care and we have a business to run. I

believe to Corporate, this is a race to see who survives the economic disaster that will follow.

I believe FED EX is more vulnerable. IDK.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Not at all.

That's a bit misleading fren.

This is the actual guidance eliminating previous administrations' rules that hindered our ability to get tests out:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Issues New Policy to Help Expedite Availability of Diagnostics
Yes, I read that. Nowhere does it mention a previous regulation that was being rescinded.

From the FactCheck article:
“It’s not true,” said Rachel Sachs, a Washington University in St. Louis law professor, of Trump’s claim in a phone interview. The Obama administration did attempt to impose a risk-based system of regulation on laboratory developed tests, or LDTs, and introduced draft guidance in 2014. But that guidance was never finalized, and was withdrawn after Trump won the election in 2016. “It never went into effect,” she said, “so it’s not an issue to walk back.”

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes, I read that. Nowhere does it mention a previous regulation that was being rescinded.

Lol.
Yes there was no official rule, regulation, law, blah blah blah. Just policy that they would have to follow until someone gives them permission to do otherwise. Sounds like a lot like a rule, regulation, or law.... which Trump changed.

But of course if Trump does anything good it cannot be acknowledged in any way.

Carry on.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

E1AC8DD0-DC74-4ED6-BDD1-3A871061CF9E.gif

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Lol.
Yes there was no official rule, regulation, law, blah blah blah. Just policy that they would have to follow until someone gives them permission to do otherwise. Sounds like a lot like a rule, regulation, or law.... which Trump changed.

But of course if Trump does anything good it cannot be acknowledged in any way.

Carry on.
I acknowledge that this administration allowed for the fast tracking of Covid-19 tests from independent labs. I just find it silly that our Dear Leader finds the need to unnecessarily push the blame for this taking so long on others. That is all.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I acknowledge that this administration allowed for the fast tracking of Covid-19 tests from independent labs. I just find it silly that our Dear Leader finds the need to unnecessarily push the blame for this taking so long on others. That is all.
Uh, because it's not his fault and the media is in all out attack mode trying to use the Wuhan Virus as political warfare against him.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Our center manager said at yesterday's PCM, and I :censored2: you not, "what's going on with the coronavirus doesn't effect us, we are carrying on with business as usual." One of our senior drivers asked "ok. you can have my route when I call out sick."

The guy is a 30 year veteran and doesn't give a :censored2:. I think our center manager is old enough to be his grandson.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Our center manager said at yesterday's PCM, and I :censored2: you not, "what's going on with the coronavirus doesn't effect us, we are carrying on with business as usual." One of our senior drivers asked "ok. you can have my route when I call out sick."

The guy is a 30 year veteran and doesn't give a :censored2:. I think our center manager is old enough to be his grandson.
What do you want him to say?

Dr.Brownz

Are you aware of the disparity in death rates and life expectancy when it comes to income levels?

Economic prosperity cuts poverty and saves lives. Destroying our economy to save some boomers and geriatrics is idiotic.

Why do you hate poor people?
Yeah social fabric doesn't matter , you're right

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Business as usual

although there’s now 2-3 leakers/per sort that end up being bleach or soap. So our floors and belts are as clean as they’ve ever been

thanks amazon.
Yep it is brilliant how the like to lay bottles of bleach mr clean and other liquids sideways

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah social fabric doesn't matter , you're right
We have a virus that is similar to a cold or flu for the vast majority of the population. A small part of the population is susceptible to dangerous symptoms.

Do you have mass shutdowns, closures, and quarantines for the entire population?

Or do you quarantine the small susceptible group, while letting the virus run its course through the general population and allow a herd immunity to develop while a vaccine is being developed?

The politicians and media pushing hysteria should be ashamed of themselves.

Over70irregs

We have a virus that is similar to a cold or flu for the vast majority of the population. A small part of the population is susceptible to dangerous symptoms.

Do you have mass shutdowns, closures, and quarantines for the entire population?

Or do you quarantine the small susceptible group, while letting the virus run its course through the general population and allow a herd immunity to develop while a vaccine is being developed?

Soooo who do you quarantine? Just asking. Its an interesting suggestion.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Soooo who do you quarantine? Just asking. Its an interesting suggestion.
I don't think anyone should be forcefully quarantined, the draconian approach of communist China and Iran is barbaric and probably resulted in even more deaths.

But most deaths are people over 60, especially ones with other health problems like respiratory issues. They should self quarantine, and companies should consider letting them work from home or give paid time off.

The government could help with that through employer tax breaks or direct stimulus for the self employed. Maybe even emergency legislation that gives them the right to that time off.

Dr.Brownz

yeah there is alot of hysteria. But your comment is still trash.