Corporate Greed, Spineless Union

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
you're right, it is the exact same thing.

I'm kidding, it isn't ;)

Right, because you know what it takes to run one of the largest labor organizations in the world.. lol

Again, you are one of the most vocal critics of the union management so please explain to me how lowering the salaries of the union leadership and attorneys that negotiate our contract attract better talent?

ManInBrown

Welcome to the New UPS, you can thank e-commerce...no more M-friend on this job.
Really? That’s weird. I’ve worked 3 Saturdays in 7 years. And all three were when I was new to feeders and got forced onto a T-S job.

To the OP, I would either do like 542 said and go to the Dr and somehow get approved for FLMA. And then use a day every Saturday. Or I would call out 3 out of every 4 Saturday’s. You know how many days you have to miss to get fired here? A lot.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Right, because you know what it takes to run one of the largest labor organizations in the world.. lol

Again, you are one of the most vocal critics of the union management so please explain to me how lowering the salaries of the union leadership and attorneys that negotiate our contract attract better talent?
Unions were never meant to be managed and owned like a family business, or worse like corporate business. History tells us that the sometime between 1930 and 1960 the power of unions was reduced greatly and instead of being run on shop floors by the people doing the work and for the members, they are "generally" now a cash cow for parasites to feed off while the workers are seen as second class.

You can disagree but I know I'm right. And that is one huge reason why unionism has been dwindling since the 60s and 70s and will continue, at least big union. No one wants, or should want (jmo) two levels of arrogant bosses and that's what we have

Whither

Scofflaw
My local finally came through for (most of) us, and the company is gonna have to pay haha!

Several weeks ago another driver and I each tipped off our stew that other centers in the building were laying off their lowest seniority drivers while in my center all T-S drivers were getting forced into 6th punches. And guess what? Mgmt was violating seniority rules! Got the news from that same driver right before pcm, then my on-car confirmed that I'm off Monday. Our stew even thanked us for being persistent; reminding us that we are the union, not just the leadership.

I grinned, whistled, and chatted my way through a 150 stop Sat route. Feeling halfway-human again folks.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Really? That’s weird. I’ve worked 3 Saturdays in 7 years. And all three were when I was new to feeders and got forced onto a T-S job.

To the OP, I would either do like 542 said and go to the Dr and somehow get approved for FLMA. And then use a day every Saturday. Or I would call out 3 out of every 4 Saturday’s. You know how many days you have to miss to get fired here? A lot.

You have no work ethic...You came to UPS..it did not come to you.

Prove me wrong...

a911scanner

Cannot afford a lot of drivers at $35...but I can afford more drivers at $24...seriously...simple math.

Your simple math is correct, Dragon.

But....

UPS continues to show record profits every year, even though they trip over dollars to save nickels.

If the company stopped wasting money on nonsense & allowed you to use some of the profits for extra drivers, I'm quite sure the math would work to have more RPCD's.

But the solution of flexible shifts would still have to be considered, which having the 22.4 abuse the driver language solved for the management staff.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Unions were never meant to be managed and owned like a family business, or worse like corporate business. History tells us that the sometime between 1930 and 1960 the power of unions was reduced greatly and instead of being run on shop floors by the people doing the work and for the members, they are "generally" now a cash cow for parasites to feed off while the workers are seen as second class.

You can disagree but I know I'm right. And that is one huge reason why unionism has been dwindling since the 60s and 70s and will continue, at least big union. No one wants, or should want (jmo) two levels of arrogant bosses and that's what we have

Your comment is pretty much right out of the anti union right wing playbook..

So, why don't the union leadership jump ship to corporate management and make far more money? Many of the top union execs have the skillset and expertise.

Even for the biggest so called parasite the president of the IBT made a whopping 370k or so... I am surprised Bezos doesn't want in on this big money making union scam

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Cannot afford a lot of drivers at $35...but I can afford more drivers at $24...seriously...simple math.

The company made record profits. The labor cost is built into into shipping charges. Our productivity is the difference.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your comment is pretty much right out of the anti union right wing playbook..

So, why don't the union leadership jump ship to corporate management and make far more money? Many of the top union execs have the skillset and expertise.

Even for the biggest so called parasite the president of the IBT made a whopping 370k or so... I am surprised Bezos doesn't want in on this big money making union scam
You can't be serious?

Poop Head

Judge me.
The company made record profits. The labor cost is built into into shipping charges. Our productivity is the difference.
Imagine how much they'd make, if they weren't flushing millions and millions on Orion, drones, new diads, spinach powered trucks, etc...

trickpony1

You have sponsorships backwards...the individual or team sponsors the brand. It wasn't until I had sponsorships did it make sense

I'm not sure I believe that.
Why would a pro golfer or NHRA team pay UPS to sport our logo?
If what you say is true then NHRA and other auto teams are paying a bunch of money to sport decals.