Corporate Greed, Spineless Union

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sissy Brown Short Shorts, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Shiiid i dont mine working a 6 punch i worked alot of them last year. I signed the volunteer sheet almost 2 months ago but haven't came in on Saturday yet. Its always the same senior drivers thats on the 9.5 list that works the 6 punch. Usually when one of them cant come in i get the call.

2. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

You are correct, the Teamsters especially leaders excel in those

3. browndevil

browndevil Well-Known Member

Part of the Union"s job is to protect jobs. Look at our competition. Walk outside any Sunday and you'll see Amazon drivers delivering making $15

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Whither

Whither Scofflaw

Been considering making use of my letters of eligibility in a few trades once spring comes ... thing is, on smooth days and routes I know decently, I remember why I chose this job. Hard to say whether it's worth sticking out the 6 day weeks or starting over again, but that's life.

5. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

The union leadership is much more concerned with generating additional union dues, therefore we get 22.4 positions, etc.

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The Union could have generated more dues income by higher paid delivery drivers and higher paid PT employees. Something else is going on.

7. Wally

No, they want more jobs. Better to keep a revolving door of initiation fees rolling in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

That's right.

One of our stewards (posted on this forum!) actually was glad when I was injured at work

he said for me to just quit so someone new could have my job and the union could get more initiation fees, instead of me going through the workers comp. process.

That's your union

9. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Did you suggest that he should quit so a new employee could be hired that may actually become a good steward?

10. watdaflock?

watdaflock? Well-Known Member

This thread isn't about you.

11. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

index.jpg

12. browndevil

22.4s are part of the solution to our competition's wages. Do you really think Amazon is going to give us volume on Sundays with UPS paying drivers nearly $75 an hour? How would "Wally's Parcel Service" negotiate pricing for Amazon delivery on Sundays? Not trying to be an :censored2: just looking for honest and real dialogue

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. browndevil

Your steward is not properly representing you. Anyone want to challenge him/her in an election?

14. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

@Wally what would you do??

15. He would mind his own Damn business after he cut and fertilize his lawn

16. Wally

Sometimes you have to say no. They want us to deep discount? No way. Negotiate a 12 month contract. No deal, no peak.

17. Wally

You don't need 22.4's. Hire regular drivers to work 5 days.