Corporations / Citizens

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Pathetic cuckservatives aside, non-pathetic employees suffer, it’s lame, I’ve had better service from MA RMV, and that’s saying something.

:raspberry:
Something I remember after the ‘97 strike was people saying, “Let the :censored2:s get their info from the Teamsters.”
Have you tried calling the hall?

rickyb

looks like america decided to start enforcing the law for the first time ever for these corporate food criminals. why is so much money being spent on wars of terrorism fighting terrorism when so few americans are injured or killed by it?:

Do the people responsible for foodborne illnesses ever pay? - Nutrition Action

Stewart Parnell, the first food executive convicted of a federal felony in connection with a foodborne outbreak, has started serving a 28-year prison sentence while his case is on appeal. His brother, Michael, is serving a 20-year sentence.

Stewart Parnell owned the Peanut Corporation of America (PCA), whose Salmonella-contaminated peanut products (including butter and paste) killed at least nine people and sickened thousands in 2008 and 2009.

rickyb

i actually think ralph is a revolutionary, but i could be wrong:

Narrator: This man is not in politics. He’s not a financier or a businessman. Yet, today, he’s one of the most influential men in the United States.

Interviewer: Would you describe yourself as a revolutionary?

Ralph Nader: No, actually, I describe the corporations as the revolutionaries. They’re basically, the institutions who are trying to upset our basic value systems, and I mean that very, very seriously. If you say our basic value systems are in compliance with the law, our arm’s length relationship with the government, our competitive quality, competition, our concern for the neighbors, the avoidance of violent impacts on people — and who are, in effect, perpetuating all these injustices? Corporations produce most of the violence in terms of pollution and hazardous products. They corrupt governments. They, in effect, make a mockery out of competition and quality in the marketplace as they concentrate the economy in the hands of larger and larger corporations. They violate laws, right down the line, hundreds and thousands of them on a company by company basis. They’re, in effect, revolutionizing the basic, ideal pattern of the society.

Intercepted Podcast: The Haspel Ultimatum

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i actually think ralph is a revolutionary, but i could be wrong:

Narrator: This man is not in politics. He’s not a financier or a businessman. Yet, today, he’s one of the most influential men in the United States.

Interviewer: Would you describe yourself as a revolutionary?

Ralph Nader: No, actually, I describe the corporations as the revolutionaries. They’re basically, the institutions who are trying to upset our basic value systems, and I mean that very, very seriously. If you say our basic value systems are in compliance with the law, our arm’s length relationship with the government, our competitive quality, competition, our concern for the neighbors, the avoidance of violent impacts on people — and who are, in effect, perpetuating all these injustices? Corporations produce most of the violence in terms of pollution and hazardous products. They corrupt governments. They, in effect, make a mockery out of competition and quality in the marketplace as they concentrate the economy in the hands of larger and larger corporations. They violate laws, right down the line, hundreds and thousands of them on a company by company basis. They’re, in effect, revolutionizing the basic, ideal pattern of the society.

Intercepted Podcast: The Haspel Ultimatum

rickyb

That Kim won this round? Trump threatened to walk, got bad press and changed his mind.
i was listening to alan nairn (i think) and jeremy scahill and i think they said trump likes these photo ops and liberals shouldnt be giving him a hard time because peace with NK is good.

rickyb

Our “corporate coup d’état in slow motion,” as the writer John Ralston Saul calls it, has opened a Pandora’s box of evils that is transforming America into a failed state. The “unholy trinity of corruption, impunity and violence,” he said, can no longer be checked. The ruling elites abjectly serve corporate power to exploit and impoverish the citizenry. Democratic institutions, including the courts, are mechanisms of corporate repression. Financial fraud and corporate crime are carried out with impunity. The decay is exacerbated by the state’s indiscriminate use of violence abroad and at home, where rogue law enforcement agencies harass and arrest citizens and the undocumented and often kill the unarmed. A depressed and enraged population, trapped by chronic unemployment and underemployment, is overdosing on opioids and beset by rising suicide rates. It engages in acts of nihilistic violence, including mass shootings. Hate groups proliferate. The savagery, mayhem and grotesque distortions familiar to those on the outer reaches of empire increasingly characterize American existence. And presiding over it all is the American version of Ubu Roi, playwright Alfred Jarry’s gluttonous, idiotic, vulgar, narcissistic and infantile king, who turned politics into burlesque.

“Congress works through corruption,”
Saul, the author of books such as “Voltaire’s Bastards: The Dictatorship of Reason in the West” and “The Collapse of Globalism and the Reinvention of the World,” said when we spoke in Toronto. “I look at Congress and I see the British Parliament in the late 18th century, the rotten boroughs. Did they have elections? Yes. Were the elections exciting? Yes. They were extremely exciting.”

Rotten boroughs were the 19th-century version of gerrymandering. The British oligarchs created electoral maps through which depopulated boroughs—50 of them had fewer than 50 voters—were easily dominated by the rich to maintain control of the House of Commons. In the United States, our ruling class has done much the same, creating districts where incumbents, who often run unchallenged, return to Congress election after election. Only about 40 of the 435 seats in the House of Representatives are actually contested. And given the composition of the Supreme Court, especially with Donald Trump poised to install another justice, it will get worse. - chris hedges

Serf

In the United States, our ruling class has done much the same, creating districts where incumbents, who often run unchallenged, return to Congress election after election. Only about 40 of the 435 seats in the House of Representatives are actually conteste
Carpetbaggers suck. The places that a staunchly liberal bastions or firmly conservative regions are the US's key locations where entirely new ethnicities of Citizens and types of people will emerge. The inevitable Balkanization that will occur over time.
Why would Romney run in Mormon Utah? Why did Hillary run for Senate in NY? How does McCain keep getting elected? These are obvious questions with obvious answers.

rickyb

The Democratic Party establishment benefits from our system of legalized bribery. It benefits from deregulating Wall Street and the fossil fuel industry. It benefits from the endless wars. It benefits from the curtailment of civil liberties, including the right to privacy and due process. It benefits from militarized police. It benefits from austerity programs. It benefits from mass incarceration. It is an enabler of tyranny, not an impediment.

Demagogues like Trump, Farage and Johnson, of course, have no intention of altering the system of corporate pillage. Rather, they accelerate the pillage, which is what happened with the passage of the massive U.S. tax cut for corporations. They divert the public’s anger toward demonized groups such as Muslims, undocumented workers, people of color, liberals, intellectuals, artists, feminists, the LGBT community and the press. The demonized are blamed for the social and economic dysfunction, much as Jews were falsely blamed for Germany’s defeat in World War I and the economic collapse that followed. - chris hedges