corporations find their dream worker under massive for profit prison system

Future

Victory Ride
5680FBF7-B6A1-443F-B4EB-EBDD1B9488ED.jpeg

They were a big part of paying for my college education. The point is incarceration of low level drug offenders is a giant waste of tax money.
What exactly is a low level drug offender? Do their drugs cause harm? Can they cause death? Is this their first and only offense?

It will be fine

What exactly is a low level drug offender? Do their drugs cause harm? Can they cause death? Is this their first and only offense?
For me any drug offense that doesn’t involve violence shouldn’t result in incarceration. It’s a waste of money and does nothing to help society.

For me any drug offense that doesn’t involve violence shouldn’t result in incarceration. It’s a waste of money and does nothing to help society.
I do believe that water seeks its own level. But drugs, in general, do involve violence somewhere down the chain. And do cause death.

The fact is, if I were jailed for my 5th drug offense, (let’s call it sime ball activity) you don’t know how many lives that might have been, or will be saved.

rickyb

I do believe that water seeks its own level. But drugs, in general, do involve violence somewhere down the chain. And do cause death.

The fact is, if I were jailed for my 5th drug offense, (let’s call it sime ball activity) you don’t know how many lives that might have been, or will be saved.
what about alcohol?

its stronger than weed in the sense that you can get hungover on it.

rickyb

happy labour day

The Slaves Rebel

"the only way to end slavery is to stop being a slave. Hundreds of men and women in prisons in some 17 states are refusing to carry out prison labor, conducting hunger strikes or boycotting for-profit commissaries in an effort to abolish the last redoubt of legalized slavery in America. The strikers are demanding to be paid the minimum wage, the right to vote, decent living conditions, educational and vocational training and an end to the death penalty and life imprisonment.

...fyodor Dostoevsky wrote that “the degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons.” Prisons expose how far a state will go to exploit and abuse its most vulnerable. Life in the American prison system is a window into the corporate tyranny that will be inflicted on all of us once we are stripped of the power to resist.

...prisons are not primarily about crime. They are about social control. They are about profiting off black and brown bodies, bodies that in blighted, deindustrialized neighborhoods do not produce money for corporations but once locked away generate some $60,000 a year per prisoner"

Last edited: