corporations find their dream worker under massive for profit prison system

rickyb

Brynna Quillin‏ @brynnaquillin Sep 16

Wow. This page in the @nytimes’s special report of the consequences of the financial crisis 10 years later.

DnOt75rX0AAhHrf.jpg

rickyb

Nouriel Roubini‏Verified account @Nouriel 6h6 hours ago

Nouriel Roubini Retweeted Ian Fraser

Most of those who did jail for their crimes during the GFC were from Iceland, Spain and Ireland. Only one from the US, a minor trader from Credit Suisse. So the Wall Streeters privatized the gains, socialized the losses and avoided jail time. No wonder angry populism is rising

Nouriel Roubini added,

Ian FraserVerified account @Ian_Fraser
43 bankers were jailed for their role in global financial crisis of 2007-9. More than half were from just one country (Iceland). None were from the UK. via @FT Subscription
33 replies 235 retweets 389 likes

rickyb

under americas corporate slavery prison system, the prisoners are forced to buy products from prison companies, and some leave prison with thousands in debt. its nearly impossible to get a job with a criminal record, and if you dont pay the debt your back in jail.

alabama pays its prisoners nothing. louisiana pays 4 cents an hour. new jersey is 28 cents.

under americas corporate slavery prison system, the prisoners are forced to buy products from prison companies, and some leave prison with thousands in debt. its nearly impossible to get a job with a criminal record, and if you dont pay the debt your back in jail.

alabama pays its prisoners nothing. louisiana pays 4 cents an hour. new jersey is 28 cents.
Wow, they are grossly overpaid.

rickyb

ralph nader frequently quotes a book that david cay johnston wrote about how americans are losing their rights to court.

Public Justice‏ @Public_Justice 16m16 minutes ago

Public Justice Retweeted Public Citizen

We're proud to join @Public_Citizen & other allies in calling on tech companies to end the use of forced arbitration clauses in their employee contracts.

Public Justice added,

DnoDIh1W0AETLuW.jpg

Public CitizenVerified account @Public_Citizen
Along with our partners, we’re (once again) calling on major tech companies to remove forced arbitration clauses – which deny justice to victims of sexual harassment, race discrimination and wage theft – from employee contracts.
Show this thread

rickyb

true??

on a side note, i walked into physio with a system of a down mezmerize or whatever shirt, and one of the physio guys told me today he was listening to their albums again bc of it, and his 2 year old starting rocking out.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez‏Verified account @Ocasio2018 14h14 hours ago

US House candidate, NY-14

About 80% of the men and women detained on Rikers have not been convicted of a crime.

GOP Senators urge the presumption of Kavanaugh’s innocence. Where was that for Kalief Browder?

In practice, the presumption of innocence is a luxury extended to the powerful and the wealthy.

499 replies 6,611 retweets 23,025 likes

rickyb

i talked to a parole officer today. i asked about rates of recidivism and hows it compare to america. she says in america there are very little support for people in jail compared to here. she also mentioned the privatized jails in america like its a really bad idea.

we have some free drug rehab programs here, but not all. i think they should all be free, bc if someone is out of their mind on drugs you cant expect them to save up money for rehab.

i talked to a parole officer today. i asked about rates of recidivism and hows it compare to america. she says in america there are very little support for people in jail compared to here. she also mentioned the privatized jails in america like its a really bad idea.

we have some free drug rehab programs here, but not all. i think they should all be free, bc if someone is out of their mind on drugs you cant expect them to save up money for rehab.
One has to want to get clean for any rehab to work.

rickyb

this leads me to possibly believe the government doesnt want to stop crime. and they definitely want to keep people in jail.

rickyb

How do YOU determine what one can or can not afford? Try looking up what is available.
if your addicted to drugs its hard to think straight or budget

if you want to stop people using drugs, then common sense is stop making them jump through hoops to get better

im not addicted to drugs, so i can make rational decisions about things. im not a consumer either and my pops is extremely frugal too.

if your addicted to drugs its hard to think straight or budget

if you want to stop people using drugs, then common sense is stop making them jump through hoops to get better

im not addicted to drugs, so i can make rational decisions about things. im not a consumer either and my pops is extremely frugal too.
One cannot be committed involuntarily.

rickyb

i wonder how much better for society it would be if alot of the biggest white collar criminals were just in jail instead. who says jail is a total waste of human potential