cost of health insurance for retirees

The Milkman

I just love messing with you!
I bet your center management team did too!

They gave up after many times trying to get under my skin...Told them I Loved them every chance I had...They surrendered and worked on the rookies......I miss annoying them as it made my day.......

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does all the management retirees still pay nothing for their health coverages or is there a cut off date when they start paying? Guessing you are very old school under the UPS retirement plan, also the pre and post 1992 statement a little confusing.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Non-union insurance is offered at a price ($~11,250 / year) and each year of employment earns $250 towards paying that cost.
I had 35 years of which 19 paid $750/yr for a total of $18,250.
My wife gets the same $18,250.

O/C

Non-union insurance is offered at a price ($~11,250 / year) and each year of employment earns $250 towards paying that cost.
I had 35 years of which 19 paid $750/yr for a total of $18,250.
My wife gets the same $18,250.
Sounds like a good deal, surprising that your spouse gets the same amount. That 19 years out of your 35 was the only years accounted for your 250 dollar allotment? Were they prior to the 1992 Pension change?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds like a good deal, surprising that your spouse gets the same amount. That 19 years out of your 35 was the only years accounted for your 250 dollar allotment? Were they prior to the 1992 Pension change?
Definitely a good deal and a pleasant one especially when I learned my spouse gets the same dollar benefit.

Not sure I understand what you are asking but ...
I had 40 years with UPS of which only 35 consecutive years can be used for Retiree Healthcare Funding.
I had 19 years at $250 * 3 prior to 1992
and
16 years from 1992 on.
You get the highest 35 years benefit.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think you have Photog confused with someone who actually had some power. Photog spent his days sitting in a cubical dreaming up ways to make the company less efficient.
There was many a cold winter day when I wished I had his job....

The Milkman

I think you have Photog confused with someone who actually had some power. Photog spent his days sitting in a cubical dreaming up ways to make the company less efficient.

Siontenly!!! I must of had a brain fart to not think of that...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually I had very little power and was OK with that ... no responsibility = no accountability.

I spent my days in a cube doing my job related to ups.com and dreaming what retirement would be like ... it is better than I thought.

If I am feeling down, I can come on Brown Cafe and feel better about myself.
Feeling really good on this thread.

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually I had very little power and was OK with that ... no responsibility = no accountability.

I spent my days in a cube doing my job related to ups.com and dreaming what retirement would be like ... it is better than I thought.

Feeling really good on this thread.

You did get a nice chair to spin around in.
spinning_office_chair.gif

rod

Retired 22 years

Feeling really good on this thread.[/
QUOTE]

Is that because you "have the power" now?

The Milkman

Pride always gets in my way.

When you win the race and won like I did without kissing butt and brown nosing mngt, maybe others in your ctr will look up to you as someone with a set of balls big enough to stand up to Big Brown no matter what they threw at you day in and day out..By looking at your Avatar it looks like they have been throwing something quite nasty at ya.........That stinks and smells