cost of health insurance for retirees

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A good day's pay for a good day's work is the ethic. What kind of ethical tactics were deployed by you over the years? Unethical is more like it
My ethics are based on "An honest days work for an honest days pay" which is the same as the Teamster's creed.
The Teamsters creed never supported people milking the system and parking behind the Dairy Queen on the clock.
Most people who were dishonest at least have the common sense to not post it on the Internet. Certainly not the type of person to be put on a pedestal to pay respect to.

The Milkman

My ethics are based on "An honest days work for an honest days pay" which is the same as the Teamster's creed.
The Teamsters creed never supported people milking the system and parking behind the Dairy Queen on the clock.
Most people who were dishonest at least have the common sense to not post it on the Internet. Certainly not the type of person to be put on a pedestal to pay respect to.

FYI it was McDonalds not dairy Queen..If I was doing anything wrong for over 25 years I guess UPS had no proof or way to make any claims or put me on notice( which seemed to be their way of intimidation to show the rookies) that I was milking it . My #'s were always good in line with their expectations...My Route was done properly, I made most of my ctr teams look good over the years. When I was on vacation they were glad to see me back. Oh really you say? Yes...No complaints, Driver followups, no misdelivered pkgs, no late airs, no missed pickups etc etc..so they had no beef with me. And if I did at times stick it to them..it was only after they stuck it to me..like maybe pulling me off my route quite a few days during peak and not using a lower seniorty driver for an example.. It seems to bother you that someone like myself may have gotten away with a few things that Mgnt would of drooled over to get the chance to fire someone. How sad that the sole purpose of UPS mgnt was to make everyday a Hell Hole for drivers and insiders so that maybe( and It happened) to get people to quit..Gee I wonder why the turnover rate at The Meadowlands Hub was so high? Get over it..you are not in control of people anymore..you are just another face in the crowd..A number to the higher ups who were always tugging at your strings..I Knew UPS never cared about it's people"What can Brown Do For You?" "Delivering our Future" What a pathetic bunch of lies piled chest high in the hopes of getting more unrealistic production from people already overworked and stressed out..Just face it...I am not lying......We never "Ate our own" and threw others under the bus to save our tails

Catatonic

Nine Lives
FYI it was McDonalds not dairy Queen..

Sorry, I did not remember that detail of your boasts of milking the company.

And if you don't like "tit for tat" swipes, don't start it. Get over it! LMAO

BTW, you still getting all your prescriptions filled with Premium (no generics) since the healthcare changes?
Another example of milking the Teamsters and UPS which was one of the factors in runaway costs for the Teamsters and UPS retiree medical costs. Your fellow retirees can thank you for your help there.

The Milkman

Sorry, I did not remember that detail of your boasts of milking the company.

And if you don't like "tit for tat" swipes, don't start it. Get over it! LMAO

BTW, you still getting all your prescriptions filled with Premium (no generics) since the healthcare changes?
Another example of milking the Teamsters and UPS which was one of the factors in runaway costs for the Teamsters and UPS retiree medical costs. Your fellow retirees can thank you for your help there.

I filled my prescriptions with the choices given me..Sometimes no generics were available..I did not make up the benefit pkg offered to us...The parties agreed to it and I used it as needed..I believe like most others who endured years of the physical and stressfull parts of my job as benefits well earned..Nothing was given to me........I like many others have the scars on my shoulders, elbows and hands from surgeries incurred while working that wonderful job, my lower back also thanks UPS for finally redesigning the package cars to help with ergonomics but that help came just a bit too late for me..Thank you for your genuine concern for my well being

The Milkman

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hmmmm ... I pay nothing for my wife or myself but we do have the copays.
One of the few times management is better than Union.
I actually saved about 3 hundred a month when I retired.
I don't anticipate any changes with the next contract.
My first post in this thread to which you immediately replied and attacked me with "I am sure your strings were fairly worn out by the time you hung it up."
With that being said you are right..ONE of the few times...But then again you paid a hefty price along the way...I am sure your strings were fairly worn out by the time you hung it up
And after several exchanges in this thread
I now realize it was a McDonalds you hide behind.

That was your post about DQ..not mine I assume you must of knew of many on the clock in your district Hangin out there?
I think you were trying to reply to my "tit for tat" post???
Better luck next time.

The Milkman

My first post in this thread to which you immediately replied and attacked me with "I am sure your strings were fairly worn out by the time you hung it up."

Better luck next time.

HAHAHA.......You management types kill me...I would of liked to be in your center..... I would of drove you crazy knowing that no matter how hard you tried nothing would stick...because I worked by the so called "methods" and worked as directed..Hey..Just like you...

downtime8763

I retired in 2011 with insurance rate of $400 a month(etna)for the wife and I $100 a mo last year Now it's $200 but NOT near the coverage.A good friend retired last year(2014) and his coverage through team care is even worse than ours.

The Milkman

I retired in 2011 with insurance rate of $400 a month(etna)for the wife and I $100 a mo last year Now it's $200 but NOT near the coverage.A good friend retired last year(2014) and his coverage through team care is even worse than ours.

You would think that benefits would get better over time with new contracts..but with all the givebacks sadly this is the end result for all of us....

Xexys

Retired and Happy

Better luck next time.

Milkman and I had a center manager who (when a driver, before management) would hang out at his last pick-up stop who happened to be a TV repairman that worked out of his house, killing time on the clock.

The same center manager would also tell us about going to the matinee during the afternoon, on the clock of course, to kill time. He was the best center manager we ever had and nobody could measure up to him in any way. He knew how it worked, and never did "punish" anybody for the same kind of things that he did as a driver. Every driver in our center worked their ass off for this guy. No center manager could ever make our center run scratch, but he came the closest that any center manager ever did. We had one of those centers that no matter what management did, the stops per hour were horrible. Even the city routes that composed some of our center were hard to run scratch and those city routes had to make up for routes that could barely get 10 stops per on road hour. Our center was the armpit of our hub and every manager hated it. It was like a death sentence to have to run our center and every center manager knew it.

Of course, nowadays with Orion, the drivers are having to become very creative with killing time on the clock. So glad I'm out of that mess. I would be moving so slowly with every step and every movement and it would definitely drive me crazy. Starting my career in this day and age of UPS would surely be the death of me.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well I guess I shouldn't complain...I pay now $100 for myself, would of been paying like you but my wife turned 65 last year and was kicked off. We can thank all the YES voters for our costs. When I retired I was told I would have to pay $50 a month till age 65 ( 2 more yrs) in addition to the increase I assume you will also have a deductbile (did not have one before) like me, and pay 20% for prescriptions which were free before the YES voters decided that they would enjoy paying more for their healthcare when they retired. Oh well I guess it's better than Obamacare

You're right, you shouldn't complain. You should be grateful.

Some retirement plans offer no retiree insurance coverage. I wish I was paying only 100 or even 500 dollars a month for insurance.

Whiner.

The Milkman

You're right, you shouldn't complain. You should be grateful.

Some retirement plans offer no retiree insurance coverage. I wish I was paying only 100 or even 500 dollars a month for insurance.

Whiner.

Well sounds like the problem lies with the Locals that are affected..If everyone would of bonded together instead of only looking out for themselves then maybe things would be a lot better in those affected Locals...Those who accept Crap contracts need to man up to their decisions..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well sounds like the problem lies with the Locals that are affected..If everyone would of bonded together instead of only looking out for themselves then maybe things would be a lot better in those affected Locals...Those who accept Crap contracts need to man up to their decisions..

Ok, Curly. Guess you win.

Whiner.

The Milkman

Milkman and I had a center manager who (when a driver, before management) would hang out at his last pick-up stop who happened to be a TV repairman that worked out of his house, killing time on the clock.

The same center manager would also tell us about going to the matinee during the afternoon, on the clock of course, to kill time. He was the best center manager we ever had and nobody could measure up to him in any way. He knew how it worked, and never did "punish" anybody for the same kind of things that he did as a driver. Every driver in our center worked their ass off for this guy. No center manager could ever make our center run scratch, but he came the closest that any center manager ever did. We had one of those centers that no matter what management did, the stops per hour were horrible. Even the city routes that composed some of our center were hard to run scratch and those city routes had to make up for routes that could barely get 10 stops per on road hour. Our center was the armpit of our hub and every manager hated it. It was like a death sentence to have to run our center and every center manager knew it.

Of course, nowadays with Orion, the drivers are having to become very creative with killing time on the clock. So glad I'm out of that mess. I would be moving so slowly with every step and every movement and it would definitely drive me crazy. Starting my career in this day and age of UPS would surely be the death of me.

Yep we would go above and beyond for him.......He was a great helper a few times for me during Peak, and the only ctr mgr who told me that I did a great job, no complaints, follow ups, missed pieces or deliveries...He was glad to see me back from vacation..Now why couldn't other ctr mgr's or sup's for that matter ever tell us 'Job Well Done?" All others were into their "Green Sheets" daily.. They forgot about the service we provided while out in the countrysides we worked in.....

The Milkman

Ok, Curly. Guess you win.

Whiner.
You sound Like the Whiner.....Go put your head on your Local members shoulders and together you can all pat yourselves on your backs for what you have today...Time to fight is long gone now...Only hope you have is a possible rematch and gain some respect

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Trying to find ways to kill time and running scratch kind of contradict each other.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You sound Like the Whiner.....Go put your head on your Local members shoulders and together you can all pat yourselves on your backs for what you have today...Time to fight is long gone now...Only hope you have is a possible rematch and gain some respect

nowhine.jpg