cost of health insurance for retirees

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No_Wine_Sign_250x248.jpg

Noooooo!!!!!

Think of the wives!

The Milkman

Trying to find ways to kill time and running scratch kind of contradict each other.

Oh Great one of Wisdom........according to THEIR numbers I was doing everything I was asked to do...If for some reason I had a few shortcuts to get the job done early..............I would of thought that you knew that there is a possibility that after being on a route for over 11 years that in due time one would hope to only get better in running the course throughout the day. Yeah.........I think I will go in a bit early today.........You know what the end result of doing that would be Oh Great one?? I guess I would of had a few more scars and more joint pain when I retired..I worked smart........Covered My As... I guess because I retired for the most part in decent shape you on the other hand, are more than likely a brown nose butt kisser, go ahead , go the extra mile (That they don't see or appreciate) and see how they bid you farewell on your last day..Then Oh Great One you will finally get the 'BIG PICTURE"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Oh Great one of Wisdom........according to THEIR numbers I was doing everything I was asked to do...If for some reason I had a few shortcuts to get the job done early..............I would of thought that you knew that there is a possibility that after being on a route for over 11 years that in due time one would hope to only get better in running the course throughout the day. Yeah.........I think I will go in a bit early today.........You know what the end result of doing that would be Oh Great one?? I guess I would of had a few more scars and more joint pain when I retired..I worked smart........Covered My As... I guess because I retired for the most part in decent shape you on the other hand, are more than likely a brown nose butt kisser, go ahead , go the extra mile (That they don't see or appreciate) and see how they bid you farewell on your last day..Then Oh Great One you will finally get the 'BIG PICTURE"
You crack me up. Just by the fact you continuously defend yourself proves even you considered yourself a slacker.

The Milkman

You crack me up. Just by the fact you continuously defend yourself proves even you considered yourself a slacker.

I am not defending my actions..actually I am proud of how I did my job...I was never a runner gunner, if you were...you were rewarded with a heavier workload. UPS set the time studies up, they made the rules...I just played the game..Work smart, and not hard should get you to the finish line in fairly good shape. don't tell me that you never in all your years overstayed your breaks..oh please.........We all did....Did mgr's care? NO..as long as they looked good on paper..And that my friend is what I did. You know very well that UPS can and will make things hard on you (ask any mgr) if they really wanted to..A target on your back as they always said..Maybe I was Stealthy? I don't know..you can make that assumption..Why did they not target me? C'mon..tell me.........I'm waiting...They did not target me Hairball because I did the Job correctly.....I looked good on paper for over 25 years so with that said I would assume UPS was happy with my work.. They have their LP dept, they can be sneaky.......But I guess they had no reason to follow and take photos of me assuming I was hanging out etc etc.. So cough up a hairball, clear your throat and realize that whatever you and your boy Photog think (unless you are mgnt, you would be pissed that someone got away with hanging out on company time)
I played by the rules...I did not make them and over the years as they changed I made adjustments like eveyone else did....In the end I won, I finished, every 1st of the month I am reminded of that, while you still plod along dealing with the ladle of crap served daily to you by Big Brown.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am not defending my actions..actually I am proud of how I did my job...I was never a runner gunner, if you were...you were rewarded with a heavier workload. UPS set the time studies up, they made the rules...I just played the game..Work smart, and not hard should get you to the finish line in fairly good shape. don't tell me that you never in all your years overstayed your breaks..oh please.........We all did....Did mgr's care? NO..as long as they looked good on paper..And that my friend is what I did. You know very well that UPS can and will make things hard on you (ask any mgr) if they really wanted to..A target on your back as they always said..Maybe I was Stealthy? I don't know..you can make that assumption..Why did they not target me? C'mon..tell me.........I'm waiting...They did not target me Hairball because I did the Job correctly.....I looked good on paper for over 25 years so with that said I would assume UPS was happy with my work.. They have their LP dept, they can be sneaky.......But I guess they had no reason to follow and take photos of me assuming I was hanging out etc etc.. So cough up a hairball, clear your throat and realize that whatever you and your boy Photog think (unless you are mgnt, you would be :censored2: that someone got away with hanging out on company time)
I played by the rules...I did not make them and over the years as they changed I made adjustments like eveyone else did....In the end I won, I finished, every 1st of the month I am reminded of that, while you still plod along dealing with the ladle of crap served daily to you by Big Brown.
Hairball, merry band of yes men, mustard seed balls, great one of wisdom, brown nose butt kisser, Oh Great One. You write some entertaining diatribes, I'll grant you that.

Indecisi0n

When the "head union guys" accept these plans for us and we vote in these "bad plans" aren't they getting the same plan/benefits as us? So wouldn't they in turn be screwing themselves as well if this were the case?

The Milkman

When the "head union guys" accept these plans for us and we vote in these "bad plans" aren't they getting the same plan/benefits as us? So wouldn't they in turn be screwing themselves as well if this were the case?

After being on BC for some time now I see that not all 'Locals" are created equal...Maybe the per hour pay is the same but the medical,dental & retiree benefits are a whole different story. Yes many who do accept subpar contracts in the long run will be screwing themselves as you say. They could stop the bleeding if they would just fight to keep what little they have left to bargain with away. If UPS really cared about their employees.....Just think about over the years all the times they stick it to you and others, many times over little crap. You see the way the p/t sups jump all over the p/ter's and how New Division mgrs come in and try to shake up their bldg.. If you have been around 10-25 yrs or so unless you are blind you have seen and heard many things concerning these things I just mentioned. How many times in your career has a mgr or sup ever pull you aside, or speak to the group as a whole in the morning am meeting to praise how well a job job or the group has done despite crappy weather conditions or short drivers etc etc..A "Job Well Done" goes a loooong way when dealing with people not just numbers..Why does it always have to be some nit picking crap like you backed up 3 times today or did not follow trace blah blah blah...Keeping pressure on workers is a way to keep you on your toes but to be excessive about it just changes ones attitude about the company, thus the moaning and grumbling as you exit the bldg to start your day...Is everyone who has been at UPS many years a group of Happy Go Lucky workers? It's a shame that it is an easy fix..they pay great wages, give good benefits, why can't they just treat people with more respect? Why does it have to be "US" against "THEM".....When you do get a decent center manager...for the most part they do not go to far up the ladder.. We have all had 1 or 2...Most of you would agree that you would go out of your way for a guy/gal who treated you in a better manner than many who came before them..I know I did, and many others in our ctr would also feel a bit better climbing into their pkg cars to start their day..Not sure if all those People Workshop plaques you see hanging in their offices had any affect on their dealing with people

willybad

710 retiree here .just got my insurance information and realized i can't afford retirement anymore .i thought it was bad enough when my taxes went up and my direct deposit went from $2597 ($31,164/yr)to $2561($30732/yr). that was while paying $50 for insurance($600/yr).my new insurance is $200($2400/yr)+$2000 deductable=$4400/yr.while the cost of living has gone up every year,my net retirement has gone from $30564 to $28332.next year it will be $27132,a 11% decrease in my net retirement pay.anybody know of a good job for a retired ups teamster with bad knees and back?i guess i had a good vacation while it lasted.

twoweeled

FYI it was McDonalds not dairy Queen..If I was doing anything wrong for over 25 years I guess UPS had no proof or way to make any claims or put me on notice( which seemed to be their way of intimidation to show the rookies) that I was milking it . My #'s were always good in line with their expectations...My Route was done properly, I made most of my ctr teams look good over the years. When I was on vacation they were glad to see me back. Oh really you say? Yes...No complaints, Driver followups, no misdelivered pkgs, no late airs, no missed pickups etc etc..so they had no beef with me. And if I did at times stick it to them..it was only after they stuck it to me..like maybe pulling me off my route quite a few days during peak and not using a lower seniorty driver for an example.. It seems to bother you that someone like myself may have gotten away with a few things that Mgnt would of drooled over to get the chance to fire someone. How sad that the sole purpose of UPS mgnt was to make everyday a Hell Hole for drivers and insiders so that maybe( and It happened) to get people to quit..Gee I wonder why the turnover rate at The Meadowlands Hub was so high? Get over it..you are not in control of people anymore..you are just another face in the crowd..A number to the higher ups who were always tugging at your strings..I Knew UPS never cared about it's people"What can Brown Do For You?" "Delivering our Future" What a pathetic bunch of lies piled chest high in the hopes of getting more unrealistic production from people already overworked and stressed out..Just face it...I am not lying......We never "Ate our own" and threw others under the bus to save our tails

Wow, 30 years there and so much of what you say rings true for me. I'm guessing I'm not the only one you took down memory lane. Shame, but at one time, UPS was a place some of us bragged about working at. The other day, I was watching a movie titled "Cesar". Of course based on the life of Cesar Chavez. In the beginning there is a part where organizers come to the fields and try to talk to workers. The workers were not only afraid to talk to the organizers, but were afraid to even look up for the ground.
I SEE THIS SAME ENVIRONMENT IN OUR YARDS. DON'T LOOK AT MANAGEMENT, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKING.
What a hole we work at now.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
.anybody know of a good job for a retired ups teamster with bad knees and back?i
I retired about 12 months ago. My wife still works, but she has some medical issues, and I opted to have her covered under teamcare as well, as she is a shortimer. Costs me $400.00/month for both of us. Like a lot of drivers, I hung around too long. My body broke down on me. My knees are shot and I have to use a cane most of the time. I applied for SSD and it was granted. I get my retirement check on the 1st and my SSD check on the 20th of every month. It might be worth you looking into. Good luck.

oldngray

nowhere special
I retired about 12 months ago. My wife still works, but she has some medical issues, and I opted to have her covered under teamcare as well, as she is a shortimer. Costs me $400.00/month for both of us. Like a lot of drivers, I hung around too long. My body broke down on me. My knees are shot and I have to use a cane most of the time. I applied for SSD and it was granted. I get my retirement check on the 1st and my SSD check on the 20th of every month. It might be worth you looking into. Good luck.

I wanted to go another year or two but my body was falling apart and I already had 34 years in. I got out while I could still walk but still do have permanent damage. When you get older all of that wear and tear catches up to you.

rod

Retired 22 years

I'm curious--is SSD more than plain SS. You can't get both can you?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It is my understanding that the disability rate is equal to the max I would be eligible for if I were older. And I just got a COLA raise the first of the year on the disability.