"Could Shipping War with Walmart Force Amazon to Bid for FedEx?"

Overpaid Union Thug

Probably not because most people that use Amazon are hooked and won’t at least try and find a better deal elsewhere. I call them Amazon Zombies.

But if I’m wrong then yes. I’ve ordered a few things lately that, price wise, we’re on par or even cheaper than on Amazon. They were delivered in two days but without having to pay for membership like with Prime.

Walmart, or anyone else that wants to compete with Amazon, will have to offer a better selection of products. Many of which won’t be in their stores.

The Driver

I drive.
Probably not because most people that use Amazon are hooked and won’t at least try and find a better deal elsewhere. I call them Amazon Zombies.

But if I’m wrong then yes. I’ve ordered a few things lately that, price wise, we’re on par or even cheaper than on Amazon. They were delivered in two days but without having to pay for membership like with Prime.

Walmart, or anyone else that wants to compete with Amazon, will have to offer a better selection of products. Many of which won’t be in their stores.

Retail changes. Things happen. Amazon won't always be king, although they will fight tooth and nail to stay seated on the throne.

Overpaid Union Thug

Even with our increased fees on over 50 lbs packages, I am still getting a ton of them. Fed Ex must really be pissing people off.
I’m also hearing more complaints about UPS over the last year then previous. Also people irritated by the 800 number when they call in complaints.

The shippers were really ticked off during pesk. FedEx has had a rough go at it pretty much every peak since 2013. I read an article a few weeks ago that said their on time percentage got as low as 56% at one point during peak. The ONLY thing that keeps big accounts from bailing is the fact that FedEx (Ground) continues to undercut UPS.

The 800# has always been an issue.

rod

Retired 22 years
The shippers were really ticked off during pesk. FedEx has had a rough go at it pretty much every peak since 2013. I read an article a few weeks ago that said their on time percentage got as low as 56% at one point during peak. The ONLY thing that keeps big accounts from bailing is the fact that FedEx (Ground) continues to undercut UPS.

The 800# has always been an issue.

I doubt UPS's is any better

rod

Retired 22 years
It was at a low of 86% I believe. So....quite better.
How can UPS measure "on time stats" when there isn't a "guaranteed delivered by ? " time during peak. Or has that changed? When I worked all guaranteed times were dismissed between Thanksgiving and Christmas. There was no such thing as late air during peak.

542thruNthru

How can UPS measure "on time stats" when there isn't a "guaranteed delivered by ? " time during peak. Or has that changed? When I worked all guaranteed times were dismissed between Thanksgiving and Christmas. There was no such thing as late air during peak.

No commit time but doesn't mean the company doesn't still track it. They still want NDA delivered the next day.

Overpaid Union Thug

No commit time but doesn't mean the company doesn't still track it. They still want NDA delivered the next day.
Exactly.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well that makes it clear as mud. So they actually brag they can get something that is suppose to be delivered by 10:00 a.m. stop completed by 10:00 p.m.----most of the time? WDFD. So does that mean the figures that Overpaid Union Thug quotes for FedEx mean they aren't getting almost 50% of their NDA delivered the next day or just not by a pre-determined time? In other words --apples to apples