Could you ever see unions making a large comeback and expanding membership?

wilberforce15

I know I am.
You'll be happy to know that I lost a few hundred yesterday. I'm human.

Have you ever put in a perfect day of work and had less money at the end of it? That's why it pays so well. There is risk.

A bad day loses hundreds. A good day gains thousands. But that takes a ton of work and education to set up. A decade of work creates an overnight success. I don't recommend it to anyone.

It's true that most days I click a few times and earn a few grand. Today is another very, very good one so far. But perhaps I shouldn't portray it as so easy. It took a lot of hard work to get there.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You'll be happy to know that I lost a few hundred yesterday. I'm human.

Have you ever put in a perfect day of work and had less money at the end of it? That's why it pays so well. There is risk.

A bad day loses hundreds. A good day gains thousands. But that takes a ton of work and education to set up. A decade of work creates an overnight success. I don't recommend it to anyone.

It's true that most days I click a few times and earn a few grand. Today is another very, very good one so far. But perhaps I shouldn't portray it as so easy. It took a lot of hard work to get there.
I'm in awe.

wilberforce15

I got a bridge I can let you have cheap, in Brooklyn.
2021-10-15-PositionStatement.png
2021-10-15-TradeActivity.png

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've beaten your monthly income in two mornings, while trolling, with screenshots and timestamps.

Why do you insist on looking so silly?
Because I think you are a snob a know it all and full of it, Willy. Not to mention self righteous and pretentious. You’re the silly one, with you’re phony trading

wilberforce15

It's just interesting- I know people that likely have much more money than you (anonymous internet person) supposedly have. You know the one thing that they don't discuss? How much money they have.
I day trade with more than your annual salary on each trade, while using risk management which means I only use a fraction of it. I don't care what your also-wealthy friends do or talk about.

freehoodies

Worse thing for Unions since Republican right to work laws.
From the outside looking in, I liked right to work laws because it felt like unions were just using their leverage to gatekeep high paying jobs.

There really is a two tier system where you either pay the union to get one of good paying jobs, work for the state, or you are out in the minimum wage :censored2: job market.

College, from everything ive seen, is just taking on tens of thousands in debt to end up working the same jobs as the rest of us.

NYJetsfan87

RTW laws only matter if young guys don't see any benefit to joining.

It's the union's job for there to be a benefit to joining.

A UPS part-timer has absolutely no reason to care or join.
Not necessarily. If you have a tyrant for a Full Time Supervisor like I do then you need your union no matter if you’re part time or full time. My Full time Sup is a compulsive liar , messes up people’s time and vacations all the time and doesn’t follow seniority or any rules for that matter. Big screamer and yeller. Constantly has problems with both union members and his own management team. And from what I hear he can barely read or write and has to have other management people including part timers under him do his paperwork and computer work for him. So if you work for someone like that they what do you do ? You can be a model employee and still have problems.

NYJetsfan87

if you do your job you dont need a union...simple as that....management only goes after the screw-ups....the solid people get the benefits. and are left alone.......and thats good management.
I beg to differ. What if you have a god awful incompetent liar for a Full time supervisor like I do ? My FT Sup has been thrown out of two buildings and off the twilight in my building. He messes up paychecks regularly, can’t put vacations in correctly , abuses everyone including his fellow management team , and can barely read or write. The Local 804 union and management in all of New York are aware of this supervisor and yet they can’t fire or get rid of him. He’s been sat down with Human Resources, security and the union delegate countless times for abusing union members and not paying them correctly. You’ll be singing a different tune if you ever have to work for this tyrant. Trust me !!

NYJetsfan87

I don't know who the "you" is. I'm a happy long term PTer.

I just know that I'm the exception. Most people are better off not going FT at UPS.
I am a article 22.3 Full time union inside employee that works in the hub overnight. I work with many “career “part time employees. They are at UPS mostly for the benefits and some cash on the side. They work full time jobs during the day. Nothing wrong with that. And I wonder sometimes if going Full Time was a good idea ? The job is tough and it’s overnight. But, the most difficult part of my job is having a terrible Full time Supervisor. That makes everything so much worse. The only saving grace is he might get moved. But they already kicked this tyrant pretty much out of every building in New York already so we may be stuck with him for awhile. We are just hoping he gets moved sooner rather then later !!

NYJetsfan87

Can't argue with that. Ft Sup is worse.
I happen to agree. Although the standards for being a full time supervisor aren’t what they used to be. I had some fantastic Full time supervisors in the past and they were beat down by upper management like they were crash dummies. Didn’t have a bad FT SUP until recently. The bad one gets away with bloody murder. Go figure ? He Screams , yells and blames everything on everyone else. Hides in offices and leaves early. Can’t pay people right. And or course they leave him alone and don’t bother him. He tells union members to come in sick and to leave your problems at the door. Then when he has a problem he takes two weeks off. In fact someone said they might even make this tyrant a manger. Only at UPS. And yeah , it sucks having to work for an illiterate tyrant !